Dental insurance giant Delta Dental of California is facing mounting criticism for paying its CEO exorbitantly, flying board members and their companions to Barbados for a meeting, and spending a small fraction of its revenue on charitable work — all while receiving significant state and federal tax breaks because of its nonprofit status. Now, the […]Continue Reading ...
As the partial government shutdown drags on, about 800,000 federal employees who work for the shuttered agencies — and their families — are facing the reality of life without a paycheck. And those workers need to consider a host of other related issues as they attempt to make ends meet. For starters, what will happen […]Continue Reading ...
[protected-iframe id=”0a02c5243a80d66fbec2cf730cf41315-7618883-121704370″ info=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/553587507&color=%23eb6530&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no”] [khn_slabs slabs=”821957″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821979″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821954″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821947″] This week, KHN’s “What the Health?” panelists answered questions submitted by listeners. Among the topics covered were why Medicare doesn’t cover most dental care, how to address high drug prices and what federal officials do with all that data they collect […]Continue Reading ...
- Inherited form of rickets improves more with new injectable medicine than conventional therapy
- Trastuzumab Tied to Higher Long-Term Risk for Heart Failure
- Personal context directly affects CPAP use
- Mosquito tracking key to preventing disease outbreaks
- Scientists Detect Hidden Signals from Beneficial Bacteria
- Treating women with thyroid antibodies with Levothyroxine do not increase live birth rate
- Brain area that only processes spoken, not written words identified
- Race and ethnicity influence fracture risk in diabetic patients
- Researchers report new regenerative medicine approach for treating osteoarthritis of the knee
- Exposure to dim light at night may contribute to spread of breast cancer to bones
- Benefits of osteoporosis treatment in postmenopausal women outweigh the perceived risks
- Researchers find evidence of Cryptosporidium parasite in Minnesota’s public water systems
- Three Clues to Raised Risk of Miscarriage
- Structured play helps toddlers self-regulate, altering their life course
- Translating horror into justice: Stanford psychiatrist advocates for human rights
- HORIBA Medical introduces D-Dimer reagent for Yumizen G hemostasis range
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may be caused by sperm DNA damage, finds study
- Special Collection tracks development of new diagnostic tests for tuberculosis
- Air Force develops genetic test to predict mental performance
- To abort or not to abort—making difficult choices alone