The number of new enrollees in Covered California plans plunged by nearly a quarter this year, largely because of the elimination of the tax penalty for people without insurance, officials announced Wednesday. The decrease was steeper than expected — and larger than the drop in new enrollment in the federal marketplace, healthcare.gov. It occurred even […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday unveiled his first state budget, one that leads California down a very different health care path than the one Washington has forged. The progressive blueprint embraces a state health insurance mandate, beefed-up insurance subsidies, coverage for undocumented immigrants and six months of paid parental leave — not unexpected […]Continue Reading ...
Reaction is still coming in about last week’s federal court ruling that declared the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. And nearly final numbers for insurance sign-ups at healthcare.gov were surprisingly brisk despite the elimination of the health law’s tax penalty for not having insurance and a dramatically shrunken budget for outreach and enrollment assistance. The panelists […]Continue Reading ...
- Inherited form of rickets improves more with new injectable medicine than conventional therapy
- Trastuzumab Tied to Higher Long-Term Risk for Heart Failure
- Personal context directly affects CPAP use
- Mosquito tracking key to preventing disease outbreaks
- Scientists Detect Hidden Signals from Beneficial Bacteria
- Treating women with thyroid antibodies with Levothyroxine do not increase live birth rate
- Brain area that only processes spoken, not written words identified
- Race and ethnicity influence fracture risk in diabetic patients
- Researchers report new regenerative medicine approach for treating osteoarthritis of the knee
- Exposure to dim light at night may contribute to spread of breast cancer to bones
- Benefits of osteoporosis treatment in postmenopausal women outweigh the perceived risks
- Researchers find evidence of Cryptosporidium parasite in Minnesota’s public water systems
- Three Clues to Raised Risk of Miscarriage
- Structured play helps toddlers self-regulate, altering their life course
- Translating horror into justice: Stanford psychiatrist advocates for human rights
- HORIBA Medical introduces D-Dimer reagent for Yumizen G hemostasis range
- Recurrent pregnancy loss may be caused by sperm DNA damage, finds study
- Special Collection tracks development of new diagnostic tests for tuberculosis
- Air Force develops genetic test to predict mental performance
- To abort or not to abort—making difficult choices alone