[protected-iframe id=”de0eca492e7b7cb1dc5c199c0a63cd17-7618883-121704370″ info=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/560495631&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no”] [khn_slabs slabs=”821957″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821984″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821954″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821951″] Many drugmakers have announced price increases with the start of the new year. The new Congress wants to do something about that. And even though both Republicans and Democrats want to address the politically potent issue of drug prices, it is […]Continue Reading ...
Scrolling through the GoFundMe website reveals seemingly an endless number of people who need help or community support. A common theme: the cost of health care. It didn’t start out this way. Back in 2010, when the crowdfunding website began, it suggested fundraisers for “ideas and dreams,” “wedding donations and honeymoon registry” or “special occasions.” […]Continue Reading ...
[protected-iframe id=”b6fcea170411c4bcde4a7b063a200f1b-7618883-121704370″ info=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/556965600&color=%23ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no”] [khn_slabs slabs=”821957″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821984″] [khn_slabs slabs=”839426″] [khn_slabs slabs=”822915″] The new Democratic majority in the House of Representatives took its first steps on health care — voting to intervene in the appeal of a Texas-led lawsuit that found the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional in December. And around the country, Democratic […]Continue Reading ...
Democrats on Thursday officially launched their pushback against a December federal court decision that declared the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. A group of 17 Democratic state attorneys general formally appealed the Dec. 14 decision in Texas v. U.S. issued by U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor. In the case filed by 18 Republican state attorneys general and […]Continue Reading ...
[protected-iframe id=”0a02c5243a80d66fbec2cf730cf41315-7618883-121704370″ info=”https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/553587507&color=%23eb6530&auto_play=false&hide_related=true&show_comments=false&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&show_teaser=true” width=”100%” height=”166″ scrolling=”no”] [khn_slabs slabs=”821957″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821979″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821954″] [khn_slabs slabs=”821947″] This week, KHN’s “What the Health?” panelists answered questions submitted by listeners. Among the topics covered were why Medicare doesn’t cover most dental care, how to address high drug prices and what federal officials do with all that data they collect […]Continue Reading ...
If Friday night’s district court ruling that the Affordable Care Act is unconstitutional were to be upheld, far more than the law’s most high-profile provisions would be at stake. In fact, canceling the law in full — as Judge Reed O’Connor in Fort Worth, Texas, ordered in his 55-page decision — could thrust the entire […]Continue Reading ...
Reaction is still coming in about last week’s federal court ruling that declared the Affordable Care Act unconstitutional. And nearly final numbers for insurance sign-ups at healthcare.gov were surprisingly brisk despite the elimination of the health law’s tax penalty for not having insurance and a dramatically shrunken budget for outreach and enrollment assistance. The panelists […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday unveiled his first state budget, one that leads California down a very different health care path than the one Washington has forged. The progressive blueprint embraces a state health insurance mandate, beefed-up insurance subsidies, coverage for undocumented immigrants and six months of paid parental leave — not unexpected […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Within hours of assuming office Monday, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a defiant challenge to the Trump administration with sweeping plans to expand health coverage to more Californians, pushing for a single-payer system and insurance for undocumented young adult immigrants. He also called for new state-funded subsidies to help people afford health insurance, […]Continue Reading ...
[khn_slabs slabs=”828733″] Happy New Year! Welcome to 2019 and the 116th Congress! I hope everyone had a wonderful and restful break, because now the fun (or something in that neighborhood) starts again. Democrats are raring to go now that the new class has been sworn in and Nancy Pelosi has retaken the House gavel. They’re […]Continue Reading ...
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Each of the seven California Democrats who flipped Republican congressional seats in the midterm election campaigned for more government-funded health care — with most of them calling for a complete government takeover. So when they join the Golden State’s delegation this week, they will make it the largest state bloc to support […]Continue Reading ...
U.S. District Judge Reed O’Connor has a history of siding with Republicans on ideologically motivated lawsuits. His ruling last week, in which he sided with the GOP on a challenge to the Affordable Care Act, was not a one-off. In fact, critics say, his history is ultimately why that case was before him in the […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers develop artificial enzymatic pathway for synthesizing isoprenoids in E. coli
- Scientists advise caution in immunotherapy research
- How children across the world develop language
- Columbia Medical Student Receives McDonogh Scholarship
- Secretive ‘Rebate Trap’ Keeps Generic Drugs For Diabetes And Other Ills Out Of Reach
- Plant based diet could be the best option for the planet says commission
- New conservation practice could reduce nitrogen from agricultural drainage, study shows
- UIC researchers receive $1.7 million NCI grant to study Southeast Asian fruit
- New study determines the fate of DNA derived from genetically modified food
- Scientists develop new gene therapy that prevents axon destruction in mice
- Study finds critically low HPV vaccination rates among younger adolescents in the U.S.
- Brain cells involved in memory play key role in reducing future eating behavior
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Investigational cream may help patients with inflammatory skin disease
- Medical school news office receives six writing awards | News Center
- County By County, Researchers Link Opioid Deaths To Drugmakers’ Marketing
- Research reveals risk for developing more than one mental health disorder
- Scientists discover a dramatic pattern of bone growth in female mice
- Study finds link between lengthy periods of undisturbed maternal sleep and stillbirths
- New nuclear medicine method could improve detection of primary and metastatic melanoma