Download PDF Celecoxib, a selective COX-2 inhibitor with promising anti-cancer properties, has now been found to attack prostate cancer cells in a second way that differs from Vioxx (rofecoxib), another anti-inflammatory drug that also inhibits COX-2.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Chronic fatigue syndrome, also known as ME, is linked to a stomach virus, suggests new research. The researchers base their findings on 165 patients with ME, all of whom were subjected to endoscopy because of longstanding gut complaints.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF February 1, 2017 at 6:59 AM At the European Cancer Congress 2017 in Amsterdam, the European Cancer Patient Coalition launched a new white paper on the Value of Innovation in Oncology. It make recommendations for sustainable and equitable access to innovative cancer treatments and care pathways. Each year, over 3 million Europeans are […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Clinical examinations and magnetic resonance imaging studies have determined whether retired professional rugby players experience more serious symptoms of cervical spine degeneration than people in the general population. To the best of the authors\’ knowledge, this is the largest study of its kind covering any professional contact sport, and it confirms greater cervical […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Many adults, regardless of their weight, resolve to avoid fatty foods and unhealthy desserts. But despite one\’s best intentions, when the moment for decision comes, that chocolate lava cake is often too enticing and self-control vanishes. This behavior is normal because hunger increases the intensity of food rewards. Yet, individuals with anorexia nervosa […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Rates of early prostate cancer have continued to drop since the US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation against routine prostate-specific antigen (PSA) testing in all men, according to an article.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF A group of people with fatal H1N1 flu died after their viral infections triggered a deadly hyperinflammatory disorder in susceptible individuals with gene mutations linked to the overactive immune response, according to a study. Researchers suggest people with other types of infections and identical gene mutations also may be prone to the disorder, […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Patients with Bell palsy who received acupuncture that achieves de qi, a type of intense stimulation, had improved facial muscle recovery, reduced disability and better quality of life, according to a randomized controlled trial.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF A virtual reality system for motor rehabilitation of the shoulder has been developed by scientsts. The prototype, which includes a built-in movement sensor, allows the user to do controlled exercises as part of a football game.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Providing HIV medication to both members of a couple may substantially reduce the risk of transmission within that couple, according to a new study.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF In Tennessee, the introduction in 2010 of a new pneumococcal vaccine for infants and young children coincides with a 27 percent decline in pneumonia hospital admissions across the state among children under age two, researchers report.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF An additional MRI scan during pregnancy could help to more accurately detect fetal abnormalities and give more certainty for parents whose 20-week ultrasound scan showed a potential problem, according to new research.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF For the first time, scientists have shown that malaria-transmitting mosquitoes actively avoid feeding on certain animal species such as chickens, using their sense of smell. Odors emitted by species such as chickens could provide protection for humans at risk of mosquito-transmitted diseases, according to a study.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Babies whose moms were vaccinated against the flu while pregnant had a 70 percent reduction in confirmed flu cases compared with infants whose moms weren\’t immunized, study finds.Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Adults who have restless legs syndrome are more likely to also have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) than adults who don\’t have the sleep disorder, according to research presented during the American Academy of Neurology’s 53rd Annual Meeting in Philadelphia.Continue Reading ...
- Novel biomarker can distinguish malignant lung nodules
- Study reports promising novel approach to treat therapy resistant pediatric brain tumors
- One-Hour Plasma Glucose Useful Predictor of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Hydroxychloroquine no more effective than placebo for relieving osteoarthritis hand pain
- Transplanted livers have a protective effect and reduce potential for organ rejection
- Researchers develop new method to study activity of inflammatory cells
- Researchers discover highly antibiotic resistant superbugs in Gulf States
- U.S. Women Less Likely Than Men to Get Statins After Heart Attack
- Atypical brain development observed in preschoolers with ADHD symptoms
- SC Johnson releases annual Sustainability Report
- Positive attitudes about aging reduce risk of dementia in older adults
- Environmental pollutants found to worsen rheumatoid arthritis
- UT Southwestern scientists discover protein linked to metastatic breast cancer
- Study highlights need for further evidence to improve symptom management in end of life care
- Detecting diminished dopamine-firing cells inside brain could reveal earliest signs of Alzheimer’s
- Uniqsis offers high-power LED light unit for scalable flow photochemistry reactions
- Case study shows how intravascular ultrasound imaging helps detect acute aortic syndrome
- Research reveals new mechanism by which HIV evades the immune system
- Nanodisc-delivered cancer treatment helps eliminate tumors
- Functional connectivity MRI could help detect brain disorders and diseases