Download PDF Chayee Lee, 2- year old Chinese boy from Singapore whose chin was under-developed, underwent a surgery at the Balaji Dental and Craniofacial Hospital. Along with his chin, the boy\’s tongue was set in an abnormal position because of a a rare congenital genetic disorder, called Pierre Robin syndrome, that affects one in 10,000 […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Leather jackets emphasise your personality to a great extent. If chosen correctly, they are capable of refreshing your image. Don\’t shy away from experimenting with colours of your jacket but also avoid dressing in one colour from head to toe, says an expert. Harkirat Singh, Managing Director at Woodland Worldwide, has rolled out […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Dabur India on Wednesday, October 28, 2015, announced 18.7% increase in its net consolidated profit at Rs. 341.1 crore for the quarter ended September 30, 2015, as against Rs. 287.5 crore in the year-ago period. The company\’s consolidated net sales for the second quarter of the current fiscal year marked an 8.7% growth […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF The retirement age for doctors practicing in Haryana is 58 years. In a move to meet the shortage of doctors in the state, the Haryana government has decided to raise the retirement age of practicing doctors from 58 to 65 years. Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij told media here that the decision was […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Reformulated version of Smart snacks sold in stores with same packaging but less nutrient value confuses consumers, according to an article in Childhood Obesity, a peer-reviewed journal from Mary Ann Liebert, Inc., publishers. Jennifer Harris, PhD, MBA and Marlene Schwartz, PhD, University of Connecticut, Hartford, and Maia Hyary, MPA, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates warned on Friday that the world was vulnerable to a deadly epidemic of an illness like flu, with the recent Ebola and Zika outbreaks underlining weaknesses in global efforts to tackle health crises swiftly. Gates, whose foundation invests in improving healthcare in developing countries, said the global emergency response […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF People in and around VIB are well aware of our adage: basic research as a starting point for tangible solutions that benefit society. But translating a paper or a technology into a groundbreaking new drug or agricultural application doesn’t happen overnight. The importance of the tech transfer process was recently illustrated by a […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF With over 40% of drug discovery focused on GPCR targets, the need for reliable, proven and versatile assays and instrumentation to understand these complex signaling mechanisms has never been greater. This educational webinar is free, lively and highly interactive. Come and hear more about this powerful assay platform and the tools and techniques […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF A statewide assessment study conducted by The Injury Prevention Center at Hasbro Children\’s Hospital, found that compliance with recommended concussion protocols was very limited while the compliance with mandated provisions was high among Rhode Island Interscholastic League (RIIL) high schools. The study recommended that in order to raise compliance rates among youth sports […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF President of Universal Society of Hinduism, Rajan Zed, is urging His Holiness Pope Francis to clarify his and Vatican\’s official stand on yoga. In a statement in Nevada (USA) he said that Roman Catholic priests, bishops and other officials kept on making varying statements about yoga, taking different stands. But many Roman Catholics […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Chicago researchers from the University of Illinois have found the way by which antibiotics — chloramphenicol and linezolid fight bacteria. The antibiotic drugs put the brakes on the protein synthesis machinery only at specific locations in the gene. Ribosomes are among the most complex components in the cell, responsible for churning out all […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Legumain (LGMN) may serve as both a potential oncogenic marker and a molecular target for treatment of cancer especially for personalized medicine. Although recent findings have shed light on the functional roles and expression patterns of LGMN, further investigations are still warranted to elucidate the exact role and underlying mechanism of action for […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Currently, flexible endoscopes, including gastrointestinal, urological, and respiratory endoscopes, are reused following cleaning and high-level disinfection. Current techniques used to clean endoscopes for reuse are not consistently effective, revealed a study published in the February issue of the American Journal of Infection Control, the official journal of the Association for Professionals in Infection […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF The branch of cancer immunotherapeutics leading to the vaccine effort arguably began with Coley\’s use of bacterial toxins to induce immune activation around the turn of the twentieth century. Through the experience gained in dozens of cancer vaccine trials and a multitude of preceding preclinical studies, a number of approaches have been defined, […]Continue Reading ...
Download PDF Since its publication in December 2003, to the time of writing this article in August 2009, it has been cited some 527 times and has never been out of our quarterly top 25 most downloaded articles. In a nutshell, Click chemistry is a highly reliable modular approach utilising the most efficient and reliable […]Continue Reading ...
- Viagra cuts colorectal cancer risk in animal model
- Vitamin B12 supplementation could postpone disease progression in Parkinson’s patients
- Study shows that omega-6 fatty acids could protect against premature death
- TherapeuticsMD Announces FDA Acceptance of New Drug Application (NDA) and Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) Date for TX-001HR
- Minorities More Sensitive To Pain? Pain Medicine News Report
- Low blood sugar poses unaddressed threat to people with type 2 diabetes
- ACEA goes live with exhaustive, searchable library of NovoCyte publications
- Consumption of low-calorie sweeteners could promote metabolic syndrome, increase diabetes risk
- Wearable medical patch shows promise for early detection of hypoglycemia in type 1 diabetes
- High-energy breakfast leads to better diabetes control and weight loss
- D.C. Week: Community Health Centers Get Azar’s Love
- Toothpaste alone does not prevent dental erosion or hypersensitivity
- Discovery aids understanding of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Docs worry there’s ‘nowhere to send’ new and expectant moms with depression
- Obesity linked to increased DNA damage in breast epithelium of BRCA mutation carriers
- Heart rate increases with higher alcohol consumption
- Template produced for clinically validated DIY stethoscope
- Experts highlight nocturia as most common cause of poor night’s sleep
- Fit Middle-Aged Women May Fend Off Dementia Later
- Fake Insta Doc; Humana’s Weird Pay Bump Tax Trick; Few NPDB Searches