FDA Approves Cablivi (caplacizumab-yhdp) for Acquired Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (aTTP) in Adults February 6, 2019 — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Cablivi (caplacizumab-yhdp) injection, the first therapy specifically indicated, in combination with plasma exchange and immunosuppressive therapy, for the treatment of adult patients with acquired thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (aTTP), a rare and […]Continue Reading ...
Axial CT image with i.v. contrast. Macrocystic adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head. Credit: public domain Researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai have created the first mathematical model that can predict how a cancer patient will benefit from certain immunotherapies, according to a study published in Nature. Scientists have long sought a […]Continue Reading ...
In laboratory studies, precursor fat cells exposed to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in house dust were found to proliferate and acquire more fat.Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Word that this huge, single-center learn about demonstrated that early gestational weight acquire was once considerably related to large-for-gestational-age babies. Remember that being overweight on the whole was once additionally related to LGA, unbiased of weight acquire. Weight acquire early in being pregnant will have a considerable affect on offspring measurement at beginning, […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, July 18, 2017 — For plenty of adults, weight acquire is gradual and secure, however new analysis means that even a couple of further kilos can spice up your possibility of power illnesses reminiscent of sort 2 diabetes and hypertension. “Folks do not turn out to be overweight in a single day,” stated learn […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 Consistent with a find out about revealed by means of JAMA, weight acquire all over being pregnant (gestational weight acquire) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be related with a better chance of difficult maternal and toddler results, when put next with weight acquire […]Continue Reading ...
Many people will have spotted – with a good stage of apprehension – that we have a tendency to realize weight much more simply as we age. The overall belief is that that is because of deficient way of life possible choices, however a brand new learn about means that an enzyme is also accountable […]Continue Reading ...
Detecting “sleeper cells”: drug-tolerant cells (without a coloured nucleus) can be distinguished from active, dividing tumour cells (red or green nuclei) using new markers. Credit: University of Bern In many metastasised types of cancer, disseminated tumours grow back despite successful chemotherapy. As a research team under the direction of the University of Bern, Switzerland, has […]Continue Reading ...
Killer T cells surround a cancer cell. Credit: NIH Researchers from Trinity College Dublin have made a discovery around treatment-resistant breast cancer that may turn the phrase, ‘don’t shoot the messenger’, on its head. The scientists have found that cell to cell messengers released by cancer cells which are not responding to treatment, can negatively […]Continue Reading ...
August 28, 2017 Weight acquire in early being pregnant has the best have an effect on on baby dimension at beginning, in line with a brand new learn about printed as of late in Weight problems. The learn about is the biggest ever research of the impact that weight acquire in early being pregnant has […]Continue Reading ...
A brand new learn about unearths that mice that lack a way of scent don’t acquire weight and burn fats sooner, regardless of being fed a high-fat nutrition.Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, June 6, 2017 — Gaining an excessive amount of or too little weight all over being pregnant can hurt each child and mother, researchers say. In a evaluation of greater than 1.three million pregnancies, investigators discovered that 47 % of ladies won an excessive amount of weight. And, 23 % didn’t acquire sufficient weight […]Continue Reading ...
- Finding the elusive drinking ‘brake’
- Using the Mastermind strategy in brain research
- Synthetic biological logic gate could one day be used to modify cellular function
- Researchers uncover large-scale brain patterns and networks which control sleep
- Scientific Symposium at LABVOLUTION focuses on key issues in life sciences
- Screen time plus snacking could increase risk for metabolic syndrome in teens
- Attention, Seniors: Drink More Water and Head Off Disease
- Peptide shows promise for protecting kidneys from nephritis
- Causes of diabetes decline or disappear when ‘zombie cells’ are removed, shows study
- Scientists identify common genetic variants associated with post-stroke recovery
- Study finds link between menopause and changes in body composition
- Higher levels of sex hormones in older men related to lower biological age
- Research links participation in team sports to larger hippocampal volumes in children
- Cerveau announces research collaboration agreement with Eisai for novel tau imaging agent
- New technique measures frequency of sounds emitted from biological structures
- Removal of ‘zombie cells’ alleviates causes of diabetes in obese mice
- Women exposed to deepwater horizon oil spill continue to experience PTSD symptoms
- Shaping new treatments for tuberculosis
- Understanding genetic interactions holds key to new personalized therapies
- Nervous system relies on guidance cues for neuronal axons to reach destinations