Axial CT image with i.v. contrast. Macrocystic adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head. Credit: public domain Researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai have created the first mathematical model that can predict how a cancer patient will benefit from certain immunotherapies, according to a study published in Nature. Scientists have long sought a […]Continue Reading ...
Detecting “sleeper cells”: drug-tolerant cells (without a coloured nucleus) can be distinguished from active, dividing tumour cells (red or green nuclei) using new markers. Credit: University of Bern In many metastasised types of cancer, disseminated tumours grow back despite successful chemotherapy. As a research team under the direction of the University of Bern, Switzerland, has […]Continue Reading ...
Killer T cells surround a cancer cell. Credit: NIH Researchers from Trinity College Dublin have made a discovery around treatment-resistant breast cancer that may turn the phrase, ‘don’t shoot the messenger’, on its head. The scientists have found that cell to cell messengers released by cancer cells which are not responding to treatment, can negatively […]Continue Reading ...
August 28, 2017 Weight acquire in early being pregnant has the best have an effect on on baby dimension at beginning, in line with a brand new learn about printed as of late in Weight problems. The learn about is the biggest ever research of the impact that weight acquire in early being pregnant has […]Continue Reading ...
A brand new learn about unearths that mice that lack a way of scent don’t acquire weight and burn fats sooner, regardless of being fed a high-fat nutrition.Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, June 6, 2017 — Gaining an excessive amount of or too little weight all over being pregnant can hurt each child and mother, researchers say. In a evaluation of greater than 1.three million pregnancies, investigators discovered that 47 % of ladies won an excessive amount of weight. And, 23 % didn’t acquire sufficient weight […]Continue Reading ...
In laboratory studies, precursor fat cells exposed to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in house dust were found to proliferate and acquire more fat.Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Word that this huge, single-center learn about demonstrated that early gestational weight acquire was once considerably related to large-for-gestational-age babies. Remember that being overweight on the whole was once additionally related to LGA, unbiased of weight acquire. Weight acquire early in being pregnant will have a considerable affect on offspring measurement at beginning, […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, July 18, 2017 — For plenty of adults, weight acquire is gradual and secure, however new analysis means that even a couple of further kilos can spice up your possibility of power illnesses reminiscent of sort 2 diabetes and hypertension. “Folks do not turn out to be overweight in a single day,” stated learn […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 Consistent with a find out about revealed by means of JAMA, weight acquire all over being pregnant (gestational weight acquire) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be related with a better chance of difficult maternal and toddler results, when put next with weight acquire […]Continue Reading ...
Many people will have spotted – with a good stage of apprehension – that we have a tendency to realize weight much more simply as we age. The overall belief is that that is because of deficient way of life possible choices, however a brand new learn about means that an enzyme is also accountable […]Continue Reading ...
- Music improves social communication in autistic children
- Some Brain Tumors May Respond to Immunotherapy, New Study Suggests
- Banning junk food ads to combat childhood obesity
- Skin Autofluorescence Predicts T2DM, Heart Disease, Mortality
- Largest autism sequencing study to date yields 102 genes associated with ASD
- Statins associated with low risk of side effects
- Study explores how schools address adolescent self-harming practices
- Pregnancy in adolescence linked to increased risks of complications in young mothers
- Risk Analysis publishes special issue on communicating about Zika virus
- Botox May Help Prevent Post-Op A-Fib
- African-American mothers rate boys higher for ADHD
- Graphic warning labels cancel out cigarettes’ appeal to young people
- Australian researchers to study gas inhalational anaesthetic and likelihood of cancer return
- Individual neurons located within the brain have implications for psychiatric diseases
- Researchers improve bariatric surgery scoring system to extend prediction time for diabetic remission
- HPV type 16 or 18 associated with cervical cancer risk in young women
- Cervical cancer risk is higher in women with positive HPV, but no cellular abnormalities
- Combo therapy not needed if low RA disease activity achieved
- Novel therapeutic targets based on biology of aging show promise for Alzheimer’s disease
- UC San Diego professor receives NCI Outstanding Investigator Award for cancer research