Axial CT image with i.v. contrast. Macrocystic adenocarcinoma of the pancreatic head. Credit: public domain Researchers at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai have created the first mathematical model that can predict how a cancer patient will benefit from certain immunotherapies, according to a study published in Nature. Scientists have long sought a […]Continue Reading ...
Detecting “sleeper cells”: drug-tolerant cells (without a coloured nucleus) can be distinguished from active, dividing tumour cells (red or green nuclei) using new markers. Credit: University of Bern In many metastasised types of cancer, disseminated tumours grow back despite successful chemotherapy. As a research team under the direction of the University of Bern, Switzerland, has […]Continue Reading ...
Killer T cells surround a cancer cell. Credit: NIH Researchers from Trinity College Dublin have made a discovery around treatment-resistant breast cancer that may turn the phrase, ‘don’t shoot the messenger’, on its head. The scientists have found that cell to cell messengers released by cancer cells which are not responding to treatment, can negatively […]Continue Reading ...
August 28, 2017 Weight acquire in early being pregnant has the best have an effect on on baby dimension at beginning, in line with a brand new learn about printed as of late in Weight problems. The learn about is the biggest ever research of the impact that weight acquire in early being pregnant has […]Continue Reading ...
A brand new learn about unearths that mice that lack a way of scent don’t acquire weight and burn fats sooner, regardless of being fed a high-fat nutrition.Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, June 6, 2017 — Gaining an excessive amount of or too little weight all over being pregnant can hurt each child and mother, researchers say. In a evaluation of greater than 1.three million pregnancies, investigators discovered that 47 % of ladies won an excessive amount of weight. And, 23 % didn’t acquire sufficient weight […]Continue Reading ...
In laboratory studies, precursor fat cells exposed to endocrine-disrupting chemicals in house dust were found to proliferate and acquire more fat.Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Word that this huge, single-center learn about demonstrated that early gestational weight acquire was once considerably related to large-for-gestational-age babies. Remember that being overweight on the whole was once additionally related to LGA, unbiased of weight acquire. Weight acquire early in being pregnant will have a considerable affect on offspring measurement at beginning, […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, July 18, 2017 — For plenty of adults, weight acquire is gradual and secure, however new analysis means that even a couple of further kilos can spice up your possibility of power illnesses reminiscent of sort 2 diabetes and hypertension. “Folks do not turn out to be overweight in a single day,” stated learn […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2017 Consistent with a find out about revealed by means of JAMA, weight acquire all over being pregnant (gestational weight acquire) that used to be above or under the rule of thumb suggestions used to be related with a better chance of difficult maternal and toddler results, when put next with weight acquire […]Continue Reading ...
Many people will have spotted – with a good stage of apprehension – that we have a tendency to realize weight much more simply as we age. The overall belief is that that is because of deficient way of life possible choices, however a brand new learn about means that an enzyme is also accountable […]Continue Reading ...
- Oxidative stress can be used against tumors to treat cancer
- Simple, cost-effective test may help improve early diagnosis of mild cognitive impairment
- New guide published to help battle fatal disease caused by kissing bugs
- Stigma Adds to Burden of Type 1 Diabetes
- In retinoblastoma survivors, oculo-visual issues tied to QoL
- Most adults with allergies do not use prescribed epinephrine even in emergency situations
- Study provides clues to how cancer cells develop resistance to chemotherapies
- New consensus paper serves as basis for uniform medical management of DSD
- Researchers work to identify areas of the brain that help us wake up
- Alcohol hangovers more significant and costly than people realize, shows research
- Targeting cells involved in blood vessel formation could hinder brain tumor growth
- Young cancer survivors need more support as they feel dissatisfied with their sexuality
- Unusual cell-to-cell communication in glioblastoma promotes aggressiveness and therapy resistance
- Turning A Phage – Drug Discovery Today
- World-first study links birth interventions and long-term childhood illness
- Improving the quality of biomedical research samples
- Researchers identify cerebral palsy using AI and DNA sequencing
- Administering nitric oxide gas after heart surgery may decrease risk of kidney problems
- Measuring levels of ethyl sulphate in hair can help assess alcohol consumption
- Researchers develop robot bloodhound that can rapidly detect odors on the ground