I need your help. I’m trying to figure out how to get rid of something that’s terribly broken in our process of taking care of patients, and I can’t do it alone. It’s time to kill the referrals process, get rid of them altogether. Every day, a huge proportion of the messages we receive through […]Continue Reading ...
In a nationally representative study, researchers found considerable variation in the rates of hip fractures across US nursing home facilities.Continue Reading ...
I recently ran across a wide-ranging blog, “Getting More From Les,” written by suburban Chicago pathologist Lester Raff, MD. I was amused by his tongue-in-cheek take on pathologists like him “giving (prostate) cancer” to patients. Actually, giving them prostate cancer diagnoses. I wrote a fan note to Raff and told him there was another prostate […]Continue Reading ...
It turns out that a lot of people really like knowing in advance what’s in store for them behind the exam room door. For me, personally, I’ve always found the unknown of it kind of exciting, a bit of a thrill — What will I find in here today? What brings you here today? One […]Continue Reading ...
July three, 2017 Researchers on the College of Melbourne have demonstrated a solution to come across nuclear spins in molecules non-invasively, offering a brand new software for biotechnology and fabrics science. Essential analysis in medication and biology depends on nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, however till now, it’s been restricted in spatial solution and usually […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers remotely monitor subjects participating in a study at the WSU Sleep and Performance Research Center at WSU Spokane. Credit: WSU Washington State University researchers have discovered a genetic variation that predicts how well people perform certain mental tasks when they are sleep deprived. Their research shows that individuals with a particular variation of the […]Continue Reading ...
“I’d like to think of regulatory reform in terms of painting a house … Typically, repainting needs to occur every few years, and before you do it, you need to strip the layers of paint underneath” — Seema Verma, administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, announcing the agency’s “Patients Over Paperwork” initiative. […]Continue Reading ...
An interview with Prof. Igor Sokolov, Tufts University conducted by April Cashin-Garbutt, MA (Cantab) Can you please explain how you use AFM to study the nanomechanical properties of cells related to aging processes and cancer? Force microscopy is a technique which would probably be best described with the help of a small finger with an […]Continue Reading ...
- Lilly Submits New Drug Application to the FDA for Lasmiditan for Acute Treatment of Migraine
- Heart failure patients shouldn’t stop meds even if condition improves: study
- Breakthrough research could lead to a new wave of cancer-fighting antibodies
- New study of tribe shows influence of Western diet and lifestyle on blood pressure
- Scientists harness power of natural killer cells to treat children with neuroblastoma
- Investigating foodborne disease outbreak in Bosnia and Herzegovina based on simulation game
- Recommendations Issued for Management of Bradycardia
- Benefit unclear due to a lack of suitable studies
- TAMEST recognizes UT Southwestern’s Ralph DeBerardinis for changing our understanding of cancer
- Researchers discover key factors behind intestinal inflammation in CVID patients
- CityU develops first microarrayed 3D neuronal culture platform
- Expert suggests ways to control uncomfortable vaginal symptoms in diabetic women
- New edition of Red Journal focuses on roles of imaging in radiation oncology
- Doctors Aren’t Promoting Breastfeeding’s Cancer-Protection Benefit
- Collection of demonstration projects highlights value of patient engagement in research
- Technique to ‘listen’ to a patient’s brain during tumour surgery
- Seven-year-old returns to life as a “normal, healthy child” following bone marrow transplant
- AMSBIO expands range of high quality FFPE cancer cell line controls
- Marijuana use by kidney donors has no effect on transplant outcomes
- Exploring NMR Spectroscopy Applications through Interesting Infographics