Abbreviations: Aa, anterior medial point of the atlas; AAL, anterior atlas line (line perpendicular to the palatal line registered on the anterior medial point of the atlas); ANS, anterior nasal spine; Ba, basion; C2, second cervical vertebra; C3, third cervical vertebra; C4, fourth cervical vertebra; Et, epiglottis; EtL, epiglottis line (line parallel to the palatal […]Continue Reading ...
In the most thorough longitudinal study performed to date, X-ray images of children at five developmental stages between the ages of eight and nineteen were carefully measured. The finding that the adenoids and tonsils do not shrink significantly during the teenage years may reshape the guidelines for when an adenotonsillectomy should be performed to treat […]Continue Reading ...
Tonsil and adenoid removal associated with long-term risks of respiratory, allergic and infectious diseases Removing tonsils and adenoids in childhood increases the long-term risk of respiratory, allergic and infectious diseases, according to researchers who have examined—for the first time—the long-term effects of the operations. The researchers suggest renewed evaluation of alternatives to these common paediatric […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2018 Tonsil and adenoid removal associated with long-term risks of respiratory, allergic and infectious diseases Removing tonsils and adenoids in childhood increases the long-term risk of respiratory, allergic and infectious diseases, according to researchers who have examined – for the first time – the long-term effects of the operations. The researchers suggest renewed […]Continue Reading ...
- Collaborative material research could advance self-assembling nanomaterials
- Researchers take major step in creating technology that mimics the human brain
- Erasing memories associated with cocaine use reduces drug seeking behavior
- Artificial intelligence can accurately predict prognosis of ovarian cancer patients
- Racial disparities in cancer deaths on the decline for America
- FDA authorizes new interoperable insulin pump for children, adults with diabetes
- Coexisting Medical Conditions, Smoking Explain PTSD-CVD Link
- Skin Cancer Screening: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- ‘Happiness’ exercises can boost mood in those recovering from substance use disorder
- Cell manipulation could soon halt or reverse aging
- Pumped Breast Milk Falls Short of Breastfed Version
- Men’s porn habits could fuel partners’ eating disorders, study suggests
- Rapid progression of age-related diseases may result from formation of vicious cycles
- Immune checkpoint molecule protects against future development of cancer
- New method produces hydrogels that have properties similar to cells’ environment
- $4.1 million funding for heart research on Valentine’s Day
- General anesthesia in early infancy unlikely to have lasting effects on developing brains
- New breakthroughs for muscular dystrophy research
- First Opinion: Embryo editing for higher IQ is a fantasy. Embryo profiling for it is almost here
- Vapers develop cancer-related gene deregulation as cigarette smokers