The search by scientists to find ways to combat obesity continues. Recently, investigators have been exploring whether they can engage the lymphatic system to help regulate obesity-induced inflammation of fat (adipose) tissue and restore systemic metabolic fitness. In a study appearing in he American Journal of Pathology, published by Elsevier, researchers report that augmenting lymphatic […]Continue Reading ...
A certain proportion of the adult population has not only white adipose (or fatty) tissue, but also the brown kind. This brown adipose tissue helps to convert sugar and fat into heat. People with brown adipose tissue are better at regulating their body temperature in the winter, and are less likely to suffer from excess […]Continue Reading ...
August 10, 2018 A newly published study by researchers from the University of Colorado School of Medicine has identified a potential therapeutic target for treating obesity and diabetes. The scientists studied the biological function of an epigenetic modifier known as histone deacetylase 11 (HDAC11), and determined that deleting it in mice stimulates the formation of […]Continue Reading ...
T cells after a temporary chilly remedy (left) and below keep watch over stipulations (proper). Immunofluorescent staining of the T mobile marker CD3 (inexperienced), the Treg marker Foxp3 (pink) and the nucleus (blue). The chilly remedy leads to an important build up of Foxp3 expression in T cells. Credit score: Helmholtz Zentrum München Immunosuppressive regulatory […]Continue Reading ...
Adipose cells (white/dyed crimson) subsequent to an insulin-producing islet within the pancreas. Credit score: IDM Nonalcoholic fatty liver illness is increasingly more commonplace. Roughly each and every 0.33 grownup in industrialized nations has a morbidly fatty liver. This no longer best will increase the danger of continual liver sicknesses equivalent to liver cirrhosis and liver […]Continue Reading ...
August 18, 2017 Nonalcoholic fatty liver illness is changing into an increasing number of not unusual. Roughly each 0.33 grownup within the industrialized international locations has a morbidly fatty liver. This no longer simplest will increase the chance of persistent liver sicknesses (liver cirrhosis and liver most cancers), but in addition specifically sort 2 diabetes […]Continue Reading ...
April 11, 2017 at 7:35 AM Over and over again, health fanatics have a query–to workout earlier than or after breakfast. A brand new learn about printed on-line within the American Magazine of Body structure—Endocrinology and Metabolism has highlighted the position of fats towards metabolism. That is the primary learn about that unearths the results […]Continue Reading ...
A scientific team found that the CXCL14 protein, associated with tumor progression and organogenesis, causes beneficial effects to metabolic diseases such as obesity and diabetes. According to the study, published in the journal Cell Metabolism, CXCL14 is synthetized by the brown adipose tissue and can activate anti-inflammatory activity cells -M2 type macrophages- that produce a […]Continue Reading ...
September 11, 2017 Immunosuppressive regulatory T-cells play a very powerful function within the functioning of adipose tissue. That is the invention of scientists from the Helmholtz Diabetes Heart (HDC) at Helmholtz Zentrum München and the Technical College of Munich (TUM). Their findings are printed within the magazine Cellular Metabolism. The collection of overweight folks in […]Continue Reading ...
Hematoxylin and eosin staining of gonadal white adipose tissue from a regulate mouse on a high-fat eating regimen. Credit score: Wei Wu/Sanford Burnham Prebys Scientific Discovery Institute, Orlando, USA, and Fudan College, Shanghai, China Researchers at Sanford Burnham Prebys Scientific Discovery Institute (SBP) in Lake Nona, Florida have proven that enhanced natriuretic peptide (NP) signaling […]Continue Reading ...
August 26, 2017 Researchers at Sanford Burnham Prebys Clinical Discovery Institute (SBP) in Lake Nona, Florida have proven that enhanced natriuretic peptide (NP) signaling in adipose tissue protects in opposition to weight problems and insulin resistance. The findings counsel that boosting ranges of NPs in adipose tissue is also a very powerful street to probe […]Continue Reading ...
March three, 2017 Researchers have demonstrated the possible to engineer brown adipose tissue, which has healing promise to regard metabolic sicknesses equivalent to weight problems and sort 2 diabetes, from white adipose-derived stem cells (ASCs). The find out about describes a strategy to produce brown fats tissue, which exists in simplest small quantities in adults, […]Continue Reading ...
April 7, 2017 at five:23 AM Workout fanatics frequently wonder if it is higher to devour or speedy earlier than a exercise. A brand new find out about is the primary of its sort to turn the results of consuming as opposed to fasting on gene expression in adipose (fats) tissue in accordance with workout. […]Continue Reading ...
- FDA Approves Zulresso (brexanolone) for the Treatment of Post-Partum Depression
- How it manipulates us to tribalism
- How can doctors encourage patients to adopt healthier behaviors?
- Meet Hal: He's One Sick Robot
- Blood test and mathematical model can estimate preterm birth rate in low-resource countries
- TAVR procedure safe in patients with unusual valve anatomy
- Proteins in the eye may be potential source for cost-effective test to predict Alzheimer’s disease
- Opioid Prescriptions Dropped for New Users From 2012 to 2017
- New method may better predict the best treatment for burn wounds
- “Asian” isn’t specific enough for health data, research suggests
- ColumbiaDoctors Presents Honors for Outstanding Commitment to Patient Safety
- Innovative model identifies primate species with potential to transmit Zika in the Americas
- One-off surgery could offer hope to patients with high blood pressure
- How to Protect Your Kids From Drowning
- CEA Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Two years after face transplant, Andy Sandness’ smile shows his progress
- Registration now open for Stanford’s Big Data in Precision Health conference
- Gene Keeps Fear at Bay, But Only in Females
- GARDP and Evotec partner to tackle growing threat of antimicrobial resistance
- Ultrasound offers precise, minimally invasive way to measure cardiac output in children