Satellite image of hurricane Maria’s passage across the Caribbean The number of people who died as a result of Hurricane Maria—which hit Puerto Rico on September 20, 2017—may be as high as 1,139, surpassing the official death count of 64, according to researchers. The researchers used official government records to calculate the number, which took […]Continue Reading ...
April 24, 2018 An interdisciplinary team of researchers has identified a new gene linked to human aortic aneurysms. By combining comprehensive genetic studies in the fruit fly, dataset searches and analysis of diseased human aortic tissue, the researchers shed light on mechanisms not previously known to be associated with this devastating disease. The study appears […]Continue Reading ...
- New shoe insole technology could help diabetic ulcers heal better while walking
- New method to extend cell division and immortalization of avian-derived cells
- Australian Academy of Science urges parents to vaccinate children against meningococcal disease
- Hot water treatment may help improve inflammation and metabolism in sedentary people
- Researchers produce 3D chemical maps of small biological samples
- Must Blood Pressure Rise Wth Age? Remote Tribes Hold Clues
- Noonan Syndrome
- Interventions to delay and prevent type 2 diabetes are underused, researchers say
- Hackathon prize winner seeks to remotely monitor patient skin conditions
- Research team identifies Ashkenazi Jewish founder mutation for Leigh syndrome
- Gene editing could be used to halt kidney disease in patients with Joubert syndrome
- Study uncovers link between gut disruption and aging
- Teens more likely to pick up smoking after exposure from friends and family
- Nicoya designate the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine as the OpenSPR Centre of Excellence
- new horizon in dental, oral and craniofacial research
- How does poor air quality affect your health?
- New device can regulate children’s blood glucose more like natural pancreas
- Game-Changers in Western Blotting and Protein Analysis
- FDA announces new actions to limit sale of e-cigarettes to youth
- Warmer winter temperatures related to higher crime rates