A key feature of this work is that the study was able to follow the same individuals over time. The study also controlled for alternative factors that may affect mental well-being, such as age, education, income, marital status, employment status, lifestyle and health, as well as consumption of other foods such as bread or dairy […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, Nov. 27, 2018 — A higher amount of screen time per day is associated with decreased psychological well-being in children and adolescents, according to a study published in the December issue of Preventive Medicine Reports. Jean M. Twenge, Ph.D., from San Diego State University, and W. Keith Campbell, Ph.D., from the University of Georgia […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 15, 2018 — Many Americans aged 35 and older are not being assessed for depression, according to a study recently published in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. Elisabeth Kato, M.D., from the Agedncy for Healthcare Research and Quality in Rockville, Md., and colleagues used a nationally representative survey to […]Continue Reading ...
June 5, 2018 SmokeFreeBrain brings together experts in toxicology, pulmonary medicine, neuroscience, and behavioral therapy, as well as health economics and health informatics. They are examining the effectiveness of anti-smoking strategies aimed at high-risk groups in high-middle-income countries, such as unemployed adults, people with chronic pulmonary disease and asthma patients – as well as the […]Continue Reading ...
May 9, 2018 Lucy Tomlinson, Workplace Health Activator for Kent Sport and Physical Activity Service opens a new break-out room for local company, Bedfont Scientific Ltd. Amidst increasing concerns after the push from The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry for the Heads Together campaign, mental health and well-being at work has come […]Continue Reading ...
— Being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease can be a scary experience. But getting enough information and support can help you conquer this difficult process. The National Institute on Aging suggests: Learn as much as possible about the disease. Schedule and keep regular medical appointments. Explore local support groups. Prepare for the future with legal, financial […]Continue Reading ...
METTLER TOLEDO’s Rainin pipettes and TerraRack pipette tip racks are serving to Paw Print Genetics in Spokane, USA, to supply a dog service screening carrier, enabling canine breeders to verify the well being in their animals.Continue Reading ...
September 30, 2017 As predicted, the last-ditch GOP effort to “repeal and change” the Inexpensive Care Act ended the way in which its predecessors did this week — in failure. With a Saturday middle of the night time limit speedy drawing near, Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Invoice Cassidy (R-L. a..) conceded Tuesday that they […]Continue Reading ...
A new study by researchers from the University of Turku, Finland and the University of Skövde, Sweden shows that people with more peace of mind in the waking state have more positive dreams, whereas those with more anxiety in the waking state have more negative dreams. This means that dream experiences, as revealed in recalled […]Continue Reading ...
June 27, 2018 As the White House faces court orders to reunite families separated at the border, immigrant children as young as 3 are being ordered into court for their own deportation proceedings, according to attorneys in Texas, California and Washington, D.C. Requiring unaccompanied minors to go through deportation alone is not a new practice. […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2018 — Twelve county-level factors, including social and economic, clinical care, and physical environment, explain the majority of variation in resident well-being in the United States, according to a study published online May 23 in PLOS ONE. Brita Roy, M.D., M.P.H., from Yale University in New Haven, Conn., and colleagues assessed county […]Continue Reading ...
March 29, 2018 Physician burnout continues to be a pervasive issue, with more than 50 percent of doctors reporting problems such as dissatisfaction, high rates of depression, and increased suicide risk. To address it, the Collaborative for Healing and Renewal in Medicine–a group of medical educators, academic leaders, and wellness research experts from across the […]Continue Reading ...
Neighborhood Well being Methods, Inc. introduced lately that subsidiaries of the Corporate have finished the divestiture of 5 Pennsylvania hospitals and their related property to subsidiaries of Studying Well being Machine.Continue Reading ...
METTLER TOLEDO’s Rainin pipettes and TerraRack pipette tip racks are serving to Paw Print Genetics in Spokane, USA, to provide a dog provider screening provider, enabling canine breeders to verify the well being in their animals.Continue Reading ...
September 30, 2017 Well being and Human Products and services Secretary Tom Worth resigned Friday, amid controversy over his use of personal jets for legit and private industry. He promised an afternoon previous to pay again probably the most $400,000 spent on the ones flights, however the be offering got here too overdue for the […]Continue Reading ...
- FDA authorizes new interoperable insulin pump for children, adults with diabetes
- Coexisting Medical Conditions, Smoking Explain PTSD-CVD Link
- Skin Cancer Screening: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- ‘Happiness’ exercises can boost mood in those recovering from substance use disorder
- Cell manipulation could soon halt or reverse aging
- Pumped Breast Milk Falls Short of Breastfed Version
- Men’s porn habits could fuel partners’ eating disorders, study suggests
- Rapid progression of age-related diseases may result from formation of vicious cycles
- Immune checkpoint molecule protects against future development of cancer
- New method produces hydrogels that have properties similar to cells’ environment
- $4.1 million funding for heart research on Valentine’s Day
- General anesthesia in early infancy unlikely to have lasting effects on developing brains
- New breakthroughs for muscular dystrophy research
- First Opinion: Embryo editing for higher IQ is a fantasy. Embryo profiling for it is almost here
- Vapers develop cancer-related gene deregulation as cigarette smokers
- Bringing Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing (AST) to the Community
- Decolonization protocol after hospital discharge can prevent dangerous infections
- Therapeutic endoscopy has an expanding role in the treatment of IBD
- Blood clot discovery could lead to development of better treatments for blood diseases
- Intervention can increase exclusive breastfeeding rates