Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is collaborating with GE Healthcare to build a Command Center – like an air traffic control – at the Bradford Royal Infirmary (BRI), UK. A first of its kind in Europe, the Command Center will transform how care is delivered and organized as the number of patients at the […]Continue Reading ...
The Center for Research on the Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of Psychiatric, Neurologic, and Behavioral Genetics at Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC) will bring its expertise to bear on exploring the effects of new genetic knowledge on individuals with autism spectrum disorder and their families. The Center, which was awarded a four-year renewal […]Continue Reading ...
At his surgery center near San Diego, Rodney Davis wore scrubs, was referred to as “Dr. Rod” and carried the title of director of surgery. But he was a physician assistant, not a doctor, who anesthetized patients and performed liposuction with little input from his supervising doctor, court records show. So it was perhaps no […]Continue Reading ...
The Nikon Imaging Center, a collaborative microscopy center that provides local researchers with access to the latest imaging technologies, opened September 13, 2018 at the University of California San Diego. “UC San Diego’s partnership with Nikon is very exciting because it will enrich both the scientific research capabilities and educational activities on campus,” said Samara […]Continue Reading ...
Aug 21 2018 Temple University Hospital has become the first U.S. center to perform bronchoscopic lung volume reduction using implantation of the Zephyr® Endobronchial Valve (Zephyr® EBV®) to treat severe emphysema following U.S. FDA approval. Gerard J. Criner, MD, FACP, FACCP, Chair and Professor of Thoracic Medicine and Surgery at the Lewis Katz School of […]Continue Reading ...
August 13, 2018 The National Institutes of Health (NIH) have awarded $6.5 million to a consortium that includes the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, the University of Washington, the University of Connecticut, and the University of Auckland, New Zealand, to establish the Center for […]Continue Reading ...
On July 9, the Stanford Medicine Outpatient Center in Redwood City will open a new three-story medical building, broadening the range of Stanford Medicine expertise available at the location. Pavilion D will be home to the spine, tumor, and foot and ankle centers; the digestive health and pelvic health centers; and an endoscopy suite. A […]Continue Reading ...
July 3, 2018 Rabin Medical Center (RMC) has selected RayStation for radiation therapy treatment planning at its Davidoff Cancer Center, located in Petah Tikva, Israel. This is the first order from a clinic in Israel, and the installation will include licenses for 3DCRT, IMRT, VMAT and adaptive therapy. Following an evaluation of the leading systems, […]Continue Reading ...
The University of Rochester’s Mt. Hope Family Center (MHFC), in conjunction with the University of Minnesota’s Institute for Translational Research in Children’s Mental Health (ITR), has received a multi-million-dollar grant to create a national center for child maltreatment studies, becoming one of only three academic institutional partnerships in the United States to receive this prestigious […]Continue Reading ...
On August 23, UNIST held a grand opening ceremony of Cellular Responses to Metabolic Stress Research Center (CRMSRC) in a bid to accelerate the discovery and development of breakthrough medicines for diseases thought to be incurable. Following the ceremony, the research center also held an international symposium on metabolic stress research. Innovative topics in metabolic […]Continue Reading ...
A research center dedicated to identifying effective policies for combating the nation’s opioid epidemic has been established at the RAND Corporation, supported by a $7.2 million grant from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, a component of the National Institutes of Health. The RAND Opioid Policy Tools and Information Center (OPTIC) will foster innovative research […]Continue Reading ...
August 22, 2018 The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases has renewed a grant shared by the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine and the University of California at San Diego School of Medicine that will extend and expand research into acute kidney failure, or acute kidney injury, which affects […]Continue Reading ...
July 27, 2018 Physicians at the University of California, Irvine and UCI Health System have launched the UCI Center for Artificial Intelligence in Diagnostic Medicine, which seeks to advance patient care, improve health outcomes and lower costs by leveraging machine learning technology in all areas of healthcare. Led by Peter D. Chang, MD, and Daniel […]Continue Reading ...
A grant of $5 million was awarded to Stanford University to create a center focused on developing tools to help patients with atrial fibrillation, an irregular heartbeat, make what are often difficult decisions about their treatment plans. Stanford was one of six universities awarded a total of $28 million by the American Heart Association to […]Continue Reading ...
July 2, 2018 Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center in Holmdel is now home to the da Vinci® Si™ Surgical system, bringing advanced technology in surgery to the medical center’s operating room and to the community. Robotic surgery enables surgeons to perform minimally invasive surgeries on a variety of diseases and conditions including urology, gynecology […]Continue Reading ...
- Trevena Announces Oliceridine FDA Advisory Committee Meeting Outcome
- Study reveals early warning signs of heart problems in patients with newly diagnosed lupus
- Connecting the dots of Alzheimer’s disease
- New publication offers evidence-based content for global breast imaging medical community
- ‘EinsteinVision’ that improves hand-eye coordination of surgeons introduced at Harefield Hospital
- WRAIR clinical study evaluates safety and immunogenicity of Marburg vaccine
- Ketamine can be considered as alternative to opioids for short-term pain control in ED
- Endurance exercise training beneficially alters gut microbiota composition
- FDA Approves Yutiq (fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant) for Chronic Non-Infectious Posterior Segment Uveitis
- Birthing Options for Full-Term Pregnancy
- Stressed, toxic, zombie cells seen for first time in Alzheimer’s
- Concussion researchers study head motion in high school football hits | News Center
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms related to earliest stages of Alzheimer’s brain pathology
- Neck collar device may help protect the brain of female high school soccer players
- Research reveals how the inner ear processes speech
- Many parents still skeptical about safety and effectiveness of flu shot, survey finds
- Payer Policies May Discourage Non-Pharma Tx for Low Back Pain
- Exercise may delay cognitive decline in people with rare Alzheimer’s disease
- Researchers modify CRISPR to reorganize genome | News Center
- Innovative brain tumor operation set to tailor to patients’ needs