Several studies have shown red meat to be harmful in the long run when consumed regularly. Researchers have proposed that a meat tax could deter people from excessive red meat consumption due to raised prices and this could prevent around 6,000 deaths annually in UK. Researchers at the University of Oxford have suggested the government […]Continue Reading ...
Credit: CC0 Public Domain Higher levels of biomarkers of dairy fat consumption are associated with a lower risk of developing type 2 diabetes, according to new research published today in PLOS Medicine. The study, in more than 60,000 adults, was undertaken by an international consortium led by scientists at the Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—Alcohol consumption per capita is positively associated with overall cancer mortality among older men and women over a 20-year period, according to a study published online July 13 in JAMA Network Open. Heng Jiang, Ph.D., from La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia, and colleagues examined temporal associations of alcohol and tobacco consumption with overall cancer […]Continue Reading ...
July 11, 2018 Last year, people in Finland consumed an average of 160 kilograms of liquid milk products, 81 kilograms of meat, 80 kilograms of grains, 65 kilograms of fruit and 64 kilograms of vegetables. This is indicated by the advance information on the Balance Sheet for Food Commodities published by the Natural Resources Institute […]Continue Reading ...
June 20, 2018 A new Drug Testing & Analysis study reveals that measuring levels of ethyl sulphate (EtS), a metabolite of ethanol, in the hair can be used to assess alcohol consumption. In the study, researchers developed a method that was successfully applied to quantify EtS in hair samples from patients treated for alcohol use […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: Colourbox.com A low iodine consumption amongst pregnant ladies is also related to deficient language building, diminished fantastic motor talents and behavioural issues when the kid is 3 years previous. Those are findings from the Norwegian Mom and Kid Cohort Learn about (MoBa). Iodine is a nutrient had to produce thyroid hormones, which in […]Continue Reading ...
By way of Kate Bass, BScJuly 28, 2017 Analysis printed the day gone by, has discovered that prime sugar consumption from candy food and drink can adversely impact long-term mental well being. Credit score: Syda Productions/Shutterstock.com The Global Well being Group has advisable for a few years that unfastened sugars will have to no longer […]Continue Reading ...
Via Kate Bass, BScJuly 28, 2017 Analysis revealed the day past, has discovered that top sugar consumption from candy food and drink can adversely have an effect on long-term mental well being. Credit score: Syda Productions/Shutterstock.com The International Well being Group has beneficial for a few years that unfastened sugars will have to now not […]Continue Reading ...
The detection has been carried out analyzing the saliva of healthy volunteers before and after they smoked these herbs along with tobacco. The samples were analyzed using high-resolution mass spectrometry (HRMS), statistical and bioinformatics methods. Researchers at the Universitat Jaume I (UJI) have developed a system to detect molecules related to the consumption of synthetic […]Continue Reading ...
July 11, 2018 A recent randomized controlled trial, published in the Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, provides insights on the promising outcomes of short-term improvements in blood vessel function among healthy males who consumed dietary achievable amounts of red raspberries. The subjects – ten healthy males aged 18 to 35 – consumed drinks prepared with […]Continue Reading ...
July 5, 2018 A new Respirology review and analysis of published studies reveals a link between fast food consumption and an increased likelihood of having asthma, wheeze, and several other allergic diseases such as pollen fever, eczema, and rhino-conjunctivitis. The analysis included 16 studies. In terms of different types of fast food consumption, hamburger intake […]Continue Reading ...
April 20, 2018 A new study published in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine has determined that poorer childhood cognition occurred, particularly in memory and learning, when pregnant women or their offspring consumed greater quantities of sugar. Substituting diet soda for sugar-sweetened versions during pregnancy also appeared to have negative effects. However, children’s fruit consumption […]Continue Reading ...
June 29, 2017 Salt is a hidden enemy in teens’s diets. So says the realization of a find out about via researchers from the Complutense College of Madrid, which implies that over 80 % of Spanish schoolchildren eat extra salt; that is related to bigger chance of hypertension, osteoporosis, and weight problems. In step with […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area Sugar is also dangerous now not most effective to your enamel and your waistline, but in addition your psychological well being, claimed a learn about Thursday that was once met with scepticism by way of different mavens. Researchers at College Faculty London (UCL) in comparison the reported sugar consumption of […]Continue Reading ...
June 29, 2017 Salt is a hidden enemy in young people’s diets. So says the belief of a learn about through researchers from the Complutense College of Madrid, which implies that over 80 % of Spanish schoolchildren devour extra salt; that is related to bigger chance of hypertension, osteoporosis, and weight problems. In step with […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers identify molecule to fight myotubular myopathy
- Immune cells trigger OCD-like behaviour in multiple sclerosis, study finds
- Scientists equip new virus that kills carcinoma cells with protein
- Protein in cell membranes of sperm plays key role in finding their way to eggs
- Parents who decline flu vaccination for their child may be exposed to limited information
- Mirati Presents Data From Ongoing Phase 2 Clinical Trial Of Mocetinostat In Combination With Durvalumab At The SITC 33rd Annual Meeting
- FDA warns of common diabetes meds’ link to dangerous genital infection
- New methods for preserving shoulder function, quality of life in breast cancer patients
- Surprising discovery about BH4 may rekindle interest in once-promising pathway
- Nabriva Therapeutics Completes Submission of New Drug Application to U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Intravenous Contepo to Treat Complicated Urinary Tract Infections
- Beating breast cancer only to die of opioid use – a sad Appalachian story
- Workplace bullying or violence linked to higher risk of cardiovascular problems
- Changes in Risk Indicators of MetS Severity Tied to T2DM Risk
- ‘Game-changing’ skin sensor could improve life for a million hydrocephalus patients
- Alcohol ads on social media sites with pro-drinking comments increase desire to drink
- Neural networks could replace marker genes in RNA sequencing
- Obese adolescents feel less food enjoyment than those with normal weight, study reveals
- Goodbye ‘Gluten-Free’? Celiac Disease Vaccine May Make It Possible
- Skin ages when the main cells in the dermis lose their identity and function
- Rainforest vine compound makes pancreatic cancer cells susceptible to nutrient starvation