Dec 5 2018 Female mice destined to develop Alzheimer’s-like pathology and related cognitive impairments display a unique pattern of fluctuation in sex hormones during the ovarian cycle, finds new research published in eNeuro. This study suggests the natural reproductive cycle may provide a new window into Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) risk among young women. AD begins […]Continue Reading ...
The electrophysiological activity of the brain is dominated by rhythmically coupled oscillations with different frequencies. The synchrony between oscillations enables effective communication locally and between brain regions. Many physiological functions, such as breathing and heartbeat, are also rhythmically coupled in nature. Furthermore, the rhythms of the brain and body are coupled. For instance, the neural […]Continue Reading ...
Endometrial organoid appearing standard folding, as happens throughout the womb lining all over the menstrual cycle. Credit score: Matteo Boretto, et al. Scientists at KU Leuven (College of Leuven), Belgium, have succeeded in rising 3-dimensional cultures of the endometrium, the uterus’ internal lining, in a dish. Those so-called endometrial organoids promise to shed gentle onto […]Continue Reading ...
Many go through a couple of rounds of IVF. Our new stats at the probabilities of a a hit being pregnant mirror that. Credit score: www.shutterstock.com Australian ladies making an allowance for IVF will now, for the primary time, have a extra significant concept in their probabilities of having a toddler, whether or not it […]Continue Reading ...
- Gilead Announces Topline Data From Phase 3 STELLAR-4 Study of Selonsertib in Compensated Cirrhosis (F4) Due to Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- What Can I Do About Sweating? (for Teens)
- Companies navigate dementia conversations with older workers
- Newly developed stem cell technologies show promise for treating PD patients
- Collaborative material research could advance self-assembling nanomaterials
- Researchers take major step in creating technology that mimics the human brain
- Erasing memories associated with cocaine use reduces drug seeking behavior
- Artificial intelligence can accurately predict prognosis of ovarian cancer patients
- Racial disparities in cancer deaths on the decline for America
- FDA authorizes new interoperable insulin pump for children, adults with diabetes
- Coexisting Medical Conditions, Smoking Explain PTSD-CVD Link
- Skin Cancer Screening: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- ‘Happiness’ exercises can boost mood in those recovering from substance use disorder
- Cell manipulation could soon halt or reverse aging
- Pumped Breast Milk Falls Short of Breastfed Version
- Men’s porn habits could fuel partners’ eating disorders, study suggests
- Rapid progression of age-related diseases may result from formation of vicious cycles
- Immune checkpoint molecule protects against future development of cancer
- New method produces hydrogels that have properties similar to cells’ environment
- $4.1 million funding for heart research on Valentine’s Day