March 2019 Print this issue The Good, the Bad, and the Unknown Fat is an essential nutrient for our bodies. It provides energy. It helps our guts absorb certain vitamins from foods. But what types of fat should you be eating? Are there any you should avoid? Recommendations about dietary fat have shifted over the […]Continue Reading ...
Most public health guidelines including the Dietary Guidelines for Americans do not allow fat portions in excess. However nutritionists and dieticians have now agreed that not all fats in diet are bad and many of them could be allowed. At present there is ample evidence to show that not all forms of fats are bad […]Continue Reading ...
July 18, 2018 New evidence published today shows there is little or no effect of omega 3 supplements on our risk of experiencing heart disease, stroke or death. Omega 3 is a type of fat. Small amounts of omega 3 fats are essential for good health, and they can be found in the food that […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Sept. 15, 2017 — Believe the use of a medicated pores and skin patch to burn off spaces of undesirable fats, together with the ones “love handles.” Scientists are doing simply that — in mice. A pores and skin patch designed to transform bad white fats into energy-burning brown fats used to be efficient […]Continue Reading ...
September 19, 2017 There may be nice fats and dangerous fats in our our bodies. The great fats is helping burn energy, whilst the dangerous fats hoards energy, contributing to weight acquire and weight problems. Now, new analysis at Washington College Faculty of Drugs in St. Louis has recognized a technique to convert dangerous, white […]Continue Reading ...
September 15, 2017 A gaggle of steroid hormones may supply new perception into the bone loss and deterioration that happens with getting old, researchers on the Clinical School of Georgia at Augusta College file. Earlier analysis has proven that the protein histone deacetylase three, or HDAC3, turns off the genes that inspire the stem cells […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, Sept. 12, 2017 — Extra abdominal fats will increase older girls’s chance of a few cancers, new analysis suggests. Researchers adopted just about five,900 Danish postmenopausal girls for as much as 12 years and located that stomach fats used to be a larger issue than frame weight when it got here to the chance […]Continue Reading ...
September 11, 2017 Frame fats distribution within the trunk is extra necessary than frame weight on the subject of most cancers possibility in postmenopausal ladies, in step with a find out about offered on the ESMO 2017 Congress in Madrid. The findings put a brand new spin on weight control priorities for girls on this […]Continue Reading ...
If you want to lower your low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, called LDL or, colloquially, “bad cholesterol,” the research is clear about one thing: You should exchange saturated fats with unsaturated fat. If you want to know what you should use to sauté your dinner, that’s a harder question to answer. Many of the studies establishing that […]Continue Reading ...
April 12, 2018 This month’s issue of the Journal of Lipid Research features studies examining how fats in the diet affect health, including whether the ketogenic diet is a reasonable cancer therapy; how the type of unsaturated fats in a mouse’s chow affects inflammation; and how cells respond to nutrient signals. When swapping sugar for […]Continue Reading ...
By means of Dr Ananya Mandal, MD,September 19, 2017 Researchers have discovered that the dangerous fats within the frame known as “white fats” may well be transformed to a more fit fats by means of blockading a unique protein. This would lend a hand combat the weight problems epidemic they speculate. The file was once […]Continue Reading ...
Through Dr Ananya Mandal, MD,September 17, 2017 Researchers from the Columbia College Scientific Heart (CUMC) and the College of North Carolina have controlled to plot a microneedle pores and skin patch that might in the neighborhood deal with each weight problems and diabetes. As of now it’s been used to regard mice within the laboratory […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, Sept. 12, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Extra stomach fats will increase older girls’s possibility of a few cancers, new analysis suggests. Researchers adopted just about five,900 Danish postmenopausal girls for as much as 12 years and located that belly fats used to be a larger issue than frame weight when it got here to […]Continue Reading ...
Scientists at College of Utah Well being document a lipid, acylcarnitines (AC at the superwoman’s swimsuit), as a newly came upon gas supply for brown fats, a ‘excellent fats’ that generates frame warmth in keeping with the bloodless. Credit score: Paulo Temblador and Mobile Metabolism When grandpa nudges the settings at the thermostat, there is most […]Continue Reading ...
September 11, 2017 Immunosuppressive regulatory T-cells play a very powerful function within the functioning of adipose tissue. That is the invention of scientists from the Helmholtz Diabetes Heart (HDC) at Helmholtz Zentrum München and the Technical College of Munich (TUM). Their findings are printed within the magazine Cellular Metabolism. The collection of overweight folks in […]Continue Reading ...
- New gene therapy cures babies with fatal ‘Bubble Boy’ disease
- No female mice? Scientists may still approve NIH grant
- What needs to be said about mental health in medicine
- Hickenlooper Expanded Medicaid, Created State-Run Marketplace To Insure Nearly All Coloradans
- Cancer cells grown in tumor-mimicking environment can help predict the effect of experimental drugs
- Albireo Announces FDA Clearance of IND to Commence Phase 2 Trial of Elobixibat for the Treatment of NAFLD/NASH
- Adhesive gel bonds to eye surface, could repair injuries without surgery
- The future of genomics: A podcast featuring Stanford geneticists
- As Syphilis Invades Rural America, A Fraying Health Safety Net Is Failing To Stop It
- APOE gene impacts sleep depending on gender and severity of Alzheimer’s
- PCORI’s newly approved awards focus on cancer pain and opioid use disorders
- New tool provides a standard way to measure effects of caring for survivors of TBI
- Smartphone use risks eye examination misdiagnosis
- How drug-resistant bugs grow in CF patients’ lungs
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic Elected to American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Podcast: KHN’s ‘What The Health?’ You Have Questions, We Have Answers
- Diabetic drug shows potential to be repurposed as heart disease treatment for non-diabetic patients
- New estimation method assesses natural variations in sex ratio at birth
- UTA scientist receives $1.17 million grant for cancer research
- Coagulation factor VIIa prevents bleeds in hemophilia animal models