As the partial government shutdown drags on, about 800,000 federal employees who work for the shuttered agencies — and their families — are facing the reality of life without a paycheck. And those workers need to consider a host of other related issues as they attempt to make ends meet. For starters, what will happen […]Continue Reading ...
Enrollment is down sharply on the federal health insurance marketplace this fall, and the consumer assistance groups that help with sign-ups think they know why. They don’t have the staff to help as many customers as before because the Trump administration slashed funding. The federal government is spending $10 million this year on navigators who […]Continue Reading ...
August 15, 2018 When Tracy Deis decided in 2016 to transition from a full-time job to part-time contract work, the loss of her employer’s health insurance was not a major worry because she knew she could get coverage through the marketplace set up by the Affordable Care Act. But price was a big concern. “The […]Continue Reading ...
March 21, 2018 The Affordable Care Act very nearly failed to become law due to an intraparty dispute among Democrats over how to handle the abortion issue. Now a similar argument between Democrats and Republicans is slowing progress on a bill that could help cut soaring premiums and shore up the ACA. At issue is […]Continue Reading ...
August 16, 2017 If President Donald Trump had been to practice thru on his threats to chop federal cost-sharing subsidies, medical health insurance premiums for silver plans would leap by way of a median of 20 p.c subsequent 12 months and the federal deficit would upward thrust by way of $194 billion over the following […]Continue Reading ...
Previous this month Legal professional Normal Jeff Periods despatched a memo to Congressional leaders imploring them to not renew the Rohrabacher-Farr modification, which prohibits the Justice Division from spending cash to intrude with state marijuana rules. Now that 8 states and the District of Columbia permit leisure and scientific marijuana, and an extra 24 allow […]Continue Reading ...
The American Faculty of Physicians (ACP) as of late reiterated its sturdy opposition to the American Well being Care Act (AHCA) and shared its explicit issues about a number of of the “supervisor’s amendments” launched final night time. In a four-page letter to Congressional management, Nitin S. Damle, MD, MS, MACP, ACP’s president, wrote that […]Continue Reading ...
After two years of double-digit price hikes, the average premium for individual health coverage on the federal health law’s insurance marketplace will drop by 1.5 percent for 2019, the Trump administration said Thursday. The announcement marked the first time average premiums have fallen since the exchanges created by the Affordable Care Act went into effect […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2018 Federal officials will not block insurance companies from again using a workaround to cushion a steep rise in health premiums caused by President Donald Trump’s cancellation of a program established under the Affordable Care Act, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced Wednesday. The technique — called “silver loading” because it […]Continue Reading ...
September 22, 2017 The GOP’s newest try to repeal the Reasonably priced Care Act wobbled on Friday as Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) stated he may just no longer give a boost to it. However the invoice referred to as Graham-Cassidy isn’t lifeless but. And no matter its destiny, the long-held Republican function it embodies — […]Continue Reading ...
Might 30, 2017 In his high, advisor David Blaszczak bragged that he made hundreds of thousands for his hedge-fund shoppers when he predicted essential Medicare investment adjustments. “Warren Buffett can devour it,” Blaszczak wrote in a single e-mail in 2013, referencing the mythical inventory dealer. He boasted in that very same yr to a finance […]Continue Reading ...
Might 30, 2017 In his high, marketing consultant David Blaszczak bragged that he made hundreds of thousands for his hedge-fund shoppers when he predicted essential Medicare investment adjustments. “Warren Buffett can devour it,” Blaszczak wrote in a single e-mail in 2013, referencing the mythical inventory dealer. He boasted in that very same yr to a […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers find new class of blood pressure-regulating peptides in vampire bat venom
- Promega to exhibit new Maxwell RSC48 platform at 2019 Festival of Genomics
- Study pinpoints immune cells that could be key to tackling hypertension
- Couples Intervention May Aid Partners of Diabetes Patients
- Your weight history may predict your heart failure risk
- Explore a cornucopia of accomplishments in prematurity research
- New study identifies four characteristics that predict severity of postpartum depression
- New, scalpel-free treatment for reducing Parkinson’s tremor gets FDA approval
- Neurobiologists uncover key component of how the human brain marks time
- LifeTime receives fund to develop a plan to embed its vision for healthier future
- New NSF funded study may help physicians decrease brain injury deaths
- Ham bones contain peptides that could have cardioprotective effects
- Research finds how Candida albicans adapt to low oxygen levels to cause infection
- Cobra Biologics announces appointment of Dr Darrell Sleep as Director of Innovation
- Cellular protein that interacts with viruses appears to enable infection process of Zika virus
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- Women who start periods early are at greater risk of cardiovascular problems
- The brain-circuitry clash that keeps you from diving into that plate of ribs when you’re dining with royalty
- Poo transplant can successfully treat patients with ulcerative colitis
- Study suggests key role for glial cells in Parkinson’s disease