In a new study, Indiana University scientists found toxic flame retardants in newly manufactured children’s car seats, sparking concerns about children’s health. Of the 18 children’s car seats tested, 15 contained new or traditional hazardous flame retardant chemicals. “New replacement flame retardants, often marketed as safer alternatives, are lurking in children’s products without rigorous safety […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2018 Washing your hands and cleaning your house frequently may help to lower your contact with common flame-retardant chemicals, according to a new study by researchers at the Columbia Center for Children’s Environmental Health (CCCEH) at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health. The study is the first to assess whether house cleaning […]Continue Reading ...
August 26, 2017 Girls with upper urinary concentrations of a commonplace form of flame retardant had lowered chance of medical being pregnant and reside start than the ones with decrease concentrations, consistent with researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan Faculty of Public Well being. The learn about, performed within the Fertility Hospital at Massachusetts Common Health […]Continue Reading ...
August 25, 2017 A learn about carried out through a group of researchers on the Harvard T.H. Chan Faculty of Public Well being has discovered that for girls with an higher focus of a not unusual form of flame retardant of their urine, there’s a reduced risk of scientific being pregnant in addition to are […]Continue Reading ...
March 10, 2017 Some chemical substances added to furnishings, electronics and a large number of different items to forestall fires can have accidental developmental penalties for small children, in step with a pilot find out about launched nowadays. Researchers from Oregon State College discovered a vital courting between social behaviors amongst youngsters and their publicity […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, April four, 2017 — Area cats will have top ranges of flame-retardant chemical substances of their blood, say researchers, caution that small children would possibly, too. The contaminants had been in area mud, in step with Swedish researchers who took mud samples from 17 houses and blood samples from the resident cats. “The brominated […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. 25, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Researchers have related upper publicity to a kind of flame retardant to a better chance that in-vitro fertilization would possibly not paintings. ” present process IVF and looking to strengthen their possibilities of luck by way of decreasing their publicity to environmental chemical compounds might need to go […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. 25, 2017 — Researchers have connected upper publicity to one of those flame retardant to a better probability that in-vitro fertilization may not paintings. ” present process IVF and looking to fortify their possibilities of luck by means of decreasing their publicity to environmental chemical substances might need to go for merchandise which […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: iStock/Axiara A hazardous magnificence of flame retardant chemical compounds recurrently present in furnishings and family merchandise damages kids’s intelligence, leading to lack of IQ issues, consistent with a brand new learn about through UC San Francisco researchers. The learn about, printed Aug. three, 2017, in Environmental Well being Views, incorporated the biggest meta-analysis […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area Folks on the brink of ship their children off to school subsequent fall would possibly wish to consider. A brand new learn about displays that scholars residing in faculty dormitories are uncovered to prime ranges of poisonous flame retardants in mud. Within the research, led by means of Silent Spring […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, April four, 2017 — Space cats could have top ranges of flame-retardant chemical compounds of their blood, say researchers, caution that babies may, too. The contaminants had been in area mud, in line with Swedish researchers who took mud samples from 17 houses and blood samples from the resident cats. “The brominated flame retardants […]Continue Reading ...
- Obesity to Blame for Almost 1 in 25 Cancers Worldwide
- How the brain tells you to scratch that itch
- New findings could help develop new immunotherapies against cancer
- World’s largest AI-powered medical research network launched by OWKIN
- Young people suffering chronic pain battle isolation and stigma as they struggle to forge their identities
- Lifespan extension at low temperatures depends on individual’s genes, study shows
- New ingestible capsule can be controlled using Bluetooth wireless technology
- Researchers uncover microRNAs involved in the control of social behavior
- Research offers hope for patients with serious bone marrow cancer
- Link between poverty and obesity is only about 30 years old, study shows
- Mass spectrometry throws light on old case of intentional heavy metal poisoning
- BeyondSpring Announces Phase 3 Study 105 of its Lead Asset Plinabulin for Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia Meets Primary Endpoint at Interim Analysis
- Study finds that in treating obesity, one size does not fit all
- Tenacity and flexibility help maintain psychological well-being, mobility in older people
- Study reveals role of brain mechanism in memory recall
- High levels of oxygen encourage the brain to remain in deep, restorative sleep
- Experimental HIV vaccine strategy works in non-human primates, research shows
- Genetically modified pigs could limit replication of classical swine fever virus, study shows
- FDA Approves Herzuma (trastuzumab-pkrb), a Biosimilar to Herceptin
- Cost and weight-loss potential matter most to bariatric surgery patients