In a new study, Indiana University scientists found toxic flame retardants in newly manufactured children’s car seats, sparking concerns about children’s health. Of the 18 children’s car seats tested, 15 contained new or traditional hazardous flame retardant chemicals. “New replacement flame retardants, often marketed as safer alternatives, are lurking in children’s products without rigorous safety […]Continue Reading ...
June 28, 2018 Washing your hands and cleaning your house frequently may help to lower your contact with common flame-retardant chemicals, according to a new study by researchers at the Columbia Center for Children’s Environmental Health (CCCEH) at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health. The study is the first to assess whether house cleaning […]Continue Reading ...
August 26, 2017 Girls with upper urinary concentrations of a commonplace form of flame retardant had lowered chance of medical being pregnant and reside start than the ones with decrease concentrations, consistent with researchers at Harvard T.H. Chan Faculty of Public Well being. The learn about, performed within the Fertility Hospital at Massachusetts Common Health […]Continue Reading ...
August 25, 2017 A learn about carried out through a group of researchers on the Harvard T.H. Chan Faculty of Public Well being has discovered that for girls with an higher focus of a not unusual form of flame retardant of their urine, there’s a reduced risk of scientific being pregnant in addition to are […]Continue Reading ...
March 10, 2017 Some chemical substances added to furnishings, electronics and a large number of different items to forestall fires can have accidental developmental penalties for small children, in step with a pilot find out about launched nowadays. Researchers from Oregon State College discovered a vital courting between social behaviors amongst youngsters and their publicity […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, April four, 2017 — Area cats will have top ranges of flame-retardant chemical substances of their blood, say researchers, caution that small children would possibly, too. The contaminants had been in area mud, in step with Swedish researchers who took mud samples from 17 houses and blood samples from the resident cats. “The brominated […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. 25, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Researchers have related upper publicity to a kind of flame retardant to a better chance that in-vitro fertilization would possibly not paintings. ” present process IVF and looking to strengthen their possibilities of luck by way of decreasing their publicity to environmental chemical compounds might need to go […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. 25, 2017 — Researchers have connected upper publicity to one of those flame retardant to a better probability that in-vitro fertilization may not paintings. ” present process IVF and looking to fortify their possibilities of luck by means of decreasing their publicity to environmental chemical substances might need to go for merchandise which […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: iStock/Axiara A hazardous magnificence of flame retardant chemical compounds recurrently present in furnishings and family merchandise damages kids’s intelligence, leading to lack of IQ issues, consistent with a brand new learn about through UC San Francisco researchers. The learn about, printed Aug. three, 2017, in Environmental Well being Views, incorporated the biggest meta-analysis […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area Folks on the brink of ship their children off to school subsequent fall would possibly wish to consider. A brand new learn about displays that scholars residing in faculty dormitories are uncovered to prime ranges of poisonous flame retardants in mud. Within the research, led by means of Silent Spring […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, April four, 2017 — Space cats could have top ranges of flame-retardant chemical compounds of their blood, say researchers, caution that babies may, too. The contaminants had been in area mud, in line with Swedish researchers who took mud samples from 17 houses and blood samples from the resident cats. “The brominated flame retardants […]Continue Reading ...
- Neuroscientists show how the brain responds to texture
- Gilead Announces Topline Data From Phase 3 STELLAR-4 Study of Selonsertib in Compensated Cirrhosis (F4) Due to Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- What Can I Do About Sweating? (for Teens)
- Companies navigate dementia conversations with older workers
- Newly developed stem cell technologies show promise for treating PD patients
- Collaborative material research could advance self-assembling nanomaterials
- Researchers take major step in creating technology that mimics the human brain
- Erasing memories associated with cocaine use reduces drug seeking behavior
- Artificial intelligence can accurately predict prognosis of ovarian cancer patients
- Racial disparities in cancer deaths on the decline for America
- FDA authorizes new interoperable insulin pump for children, adults with diabetes
- Coexisting Medical Conditions, Smoking Explain PTSD-CVD Link
- Skin Cancer Screening: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- ‘Happiness’ exercises can boost mood in those recovering from substance use disorder
- Cell manipulation could soon halt or reverse aging
- Pumped Breast Milk Falls Short of Breastfed Version
- Men’s porn habits could fuel partners’ eating disorders, study suggests
- Rapid progression of age-related diseases may result from formation of vicious cycles
- Immune checkpoint molecule protects against future development of cancer
- New method produces hydrogels that have properties similar to cells’ environment