Three prominent medical societies today issued a new clinical guideline for physicians treating men with early-stage prostate cancer using external beam radiation therapy (EBRT). Adoption of the guideline could make treatment shorter and more convenient for many patients with prostate cancer, the most common malignancy among American men. Developed by a panel of experts from […]Continue Reading ...
Oct 3 2018 A new guideline to help clinicians manage malignant pleural effusions (MPEs) has been developed by the American Thoracic Society, the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and the Society of Thoracic Radiology. The clinical practice guideline is published online in the Oct. 1 American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. MPEs account for […]Continue Reading ...
The Endocrine Society today issued a Clinical Practice Guideline that offers best practices for healthcare providers on how to promptly diagnose, treat, and manage patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia (CAH), an inherited endocrine disorder, throughout their entire lives. The guideline, titled “Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia Due to Steroid 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency: An Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guideline,” […]Continue Reading ...
A new international guideline has been developed to help physicians diagnosis idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), a rare and often fatal lung disease whose cause is unknown. The 2018 clinical practice guideline was developed by experts representing four major respiratory societies-;the American Thoracic Society (ATS), the European Respiratory Society (ERS), Japanese Respiratory Society (JRS) and the […]Continue Reading ...
August 9, 2018 For people in a vegetative or minimally conscious state caused by brain injury, an accurate diagnosis and ongoing medical and rehabilitative care based on the latest scientific evidence could mean a better chance for recovery, according to a new guideline by the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine […]Continue Reading ...
July 9, 2018 First-trimester screening of pregnant women for asymptomatic bacteriuria — higher than normal bacteria levels without symptoms of a bladder infection — is recommended by the Canadian Task Force on Preventive Health Care in an updated guideline in CMAJ (Canadian Medical Association Journal). “As the data underlying this long-standing screening practice have not […]Continue Reading ...
March 5, 2018 A new Canadian guideline for managing opioid use disorders lays out the optimal strategies for the treatment of opioid addiction, including recommending opioid agonist treatment with buprenorphine-naloxone as the preferred first-line treatment. The guideline, published in CMAJ (Canadian Medical Association Journal), was created for a wide range of health care providers to […]Continue Reading ...
Take Action to Improve the Care of Children with mTBI The goal of the CDC Pediatric Mild Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI) Guideline is to help healthcare providers take action to improve the health of their patients. The CDC Pediatric mTBI Guideline consists of 19 sets of clinical recommendations that cover diagnosis, prognosis, and management and […]Continue Reading ...
A new guideline focused on the role of weight management in treating adult obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) has been published online by the American Thoracic Society in the Sept. 15 American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. OSA is a common disease that occurs when the upper airway becomes blocked repeatedly during sleep, reducing […]Continue Reading ...
Aug 28 2018 The British Society for Rheumatology publishes its latest clinical guideline in Rheumatology, the UK’s key specialist journal in the sector. The new guideline updates and presents two previous guidelines into one set of evidence based recommendations on the vital safety aspects of prescribing biological therapies in inflammatory arthritis. Biological therapies have transformed […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Aug. 3, 2018 — The American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO) has endorsed the Society for Integrative Oncology (SIO) guideline on the use of integrative therapies during and after breast cancer treatment, according to a special article published online June 11 in the Journal of Clinical Oncology. Gary H. Lyman, M.D., M.P.H., from the […]Continue Reading ...
The reliability of a new guideline for the management of chronic hepatitis C is questionable, given the financial conflicts of interest documented by its authors. Credit: Shutterstock The Canadian Medical Association Journal (CMAJ) has just published a new guideline for the management of hepatitis C—a disease that is underdiagnosed and undertreated in Canada. This guideline […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues American sufferers with peripheral artery illness (PAD) had been not likely to obtain the guideline-directed treatments they want. Be aware that the learn about means that new healthcare device methods are required to verify ok useful resource usage in sufferers with PAD. American sufferers with peripheral artery illness (PAD) had been not likely […]Continue Reading ...
- Evoke Pharma Submits Response to FDA Review Letter for Gimoti NDA
- Tracking HIV’s ever-evolving genome in effort to prioritize public health resources
- Scientists grow most sophisticated brain organoid to date
- ADHD drug raising risk of psychosis
- FDA approves brexanolone, first drug developed to treat postpartum depression
- Gruesome cat and dog experiments by the USDA exposed
- Ball pits used in children’s physical therapy may contribute to germ transmission
- Long-term use of inexpensive weight-loss drug may be safe and effective
- FDA Approves Sunosi (solriamfetol) for Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Associated with Narcolepsy or Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Anti-Müllerian Hormone Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Finding the right exercise, diet aids for HIV patients
- Health Plans For State Employees Use Medicare’s Hammer On Hospital Bills
- Researchers develop new tool for imaging large groups of neurons in living animals
- Certain bacteria and immune factors in vagina may cause or protect against preterm birth
- Novel breath test could pave new way to non-invasively measure gut health
- Pharmaceutical and personal care products may result in new contaminants in waterways
- ACC: Catheter Ablation Does Not Cut Mortality, Stroke in A-Fib
- Wiedemann-Rautenstrauch syndrome – Genetics Home Reference
- Health insurance is not assurance of healthcare
- Supporting “curiosity-driven research” at the Discovery Innovation Awards