By Sally Robertson, BScOctober 5, 2017 The excitement of watching a hockey match has been found to have a significant effect on the cardiovascular system, suggesting a potential link between watching sporting events and cardiac incidents. Editorial Credit: Sergei Bachlakov/Shutterstock.com According to a study published in the Canadian Journal of Cardiology, healthy spectators who had […]Continue Reading ...
Patients on statins should not stop taking the cholesterol-lowering medication before heart surgery – even on the day of surgery, according to an article posted online in The Annals of Thoracic…Continue Reading ...
October 4, 2017 One in four people leave their job within a year of returning to work after having a heart attack, according to a newly published study from Denmark in Journal of the American Heart Association, the Open Access Journal of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. While previous studies have looked at return […]Continue Reading ...
September 28, 2017 A brand new analysis to decide whether or not emergency room sufferers with chest ache can move house and stick to up with their physician proved 100% protected whilst shaving just about a break day their seek advice from and $6500 off their invoice. The “Henry Ford HEART Learn about” (HFHS), led […]Continue Reading ...
A brand new learn about reveals that sufferers of gunshots and stabbings are considerably much less prone to die if they are taken to the trauma heart by way of a personal car than flooring emergency clinical products and services (EMS). Credit score: Johns Hopkins Medication Sufferers of gunshots and stabbings are considerably much less […]Continue Reading ...
About Lend a hand Heart Web site Map Phrases of Use Privateness Coverage Market it with us Your Advert Possible choices The fabric in this website is for informational functions simplest, and isn’t an alternative to scientific recommendation, analysis or remedy equipped by means of a professional well being care supplier.© 2017 MedPage Nowadays, LLC. […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Each and every mobile within the reasonable human frame comprises 23 pairs of chromosomes, with 4 telomeres on every pair. Telomeres duvet the top of the chromosome, protective it from deterioration or fusion with adjoining chromosomes, similar to the plastic tip on the finish of a shoelace protects it from unraveling. Whilst […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Over and over, it is the uncommon amongst people that assist the remainder of us. The exploration of human genetics is revealing new aims to struggle coronary heart illness amongst ordinary variants. Mutations in genes that play a task in coronary heart well being are the foundation for a cluster of latest […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, Oct. 3, 2017 (HealthDay News) — Researchers say they’ve developed a simple tool that predicts the 30-day risk of death for acute heart failure patients treated in the emergency department. Heart failure means that the heart isn’t pumping as effectively as it should. Acute episodes of heart failure account for more than 1 million […]Continue Reading ...
One laboratory method to create healthy heart muscle leads to better organized sarcomeres — the cells that make heart muscle striated — stained green here. Credit: Lab of Li Qian, UNC School of Medicine Heart disease continues to be the leading cause of death worldwide, partly due to limited therapeutic options and the heart’s inability […]Continue Reading ...
September 27, 2017 A minimally invasive process used to exchange coronary heart valves with out open coronary heart surgical procedure seems to offer a sturdy treatment for other people with a life-threatening type of coronary heart illness by which the aortic valve opening narrows, diminishing blood float. The process, referred to as trans-catheter aortic valve […]Continue Reading ...
September eight, 2017 New analysis through UT Southwestern cardiologists displays that folks of South Asian descent with a circle of relatives historical past of coronary coronary heart illness are considerably much more likely to have prime ranges of calcium buildup of their arteries – a hallmark of upper chance for coronary heart assaults. The findings, […]Continue Reading ...
Ganesh Halade. Credit score: UAB Center assaults galvanize an acute immune reaction. Leukocytes rush to the center muscle to take away useless cells and start development scar tissue. That is adopted by way of a 2nd immune reaction, the resolving section that permits therapeutic. Too continuously, regardless that, low-grade acute irritation continues in sufferers lengthy […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Middle assaults galvanize an acute immune reaction. Leukocytes rush to the center muscle to take away lifeless cells and start construction scar tissue. That is adopted through a 2d immune reaction, the resolving segment that permits therapeutic. Too ceaselessly, despite the fact that, low-grade acute irritation continues in sufferers lengthy after coronary […]Continue Reading ...
September 6, 2017 College of Connecticut researchers have evolved a tool that checks the most important indicator of coronary heart fitness this is steadily overlooked – blood viscosity. Blood generally is a window into the fitness of your coronary heart. Docs are steadily looking for some not unusual indicators that would possibly level to a […]Continue Reading ...
- Study sheds light on biology that guides behavior across different stages of life
- Morning Break: Transgender Breast Feeding; Brazilian ‘Pro-Vaxxers’; Post-Stroke Exercise
- Meningitis vaccination strategy in Africa found to be effective, economical
- Researchers uncover how excess calcium may influence development of Parkinson’s disease
- Psoriasis drug also effective at reducing aortic inflammation
- Excess emissions can make serious contributions to air pollution, study shows
- Diabetes Drugs Differ on HF; School-Based Obesity Program Flop; Plaque Type in ACS
- Surgical infections linked to drug-resistant bugs, study suggests
- Poor awareness may hinder a child’s early dental care
- FDA Approves Apalutamide (Erleada) to Help Curb a Tough-to-Treat Prostate Cancer
- Educational Tool Boosts Cervical Length Screening
- Spider’s web inspires removable implant that may control type 1 diabetes
- Scientists develop fluorescent probe to identify cancer stem cells
- University Hospital of Santiago de Compostela participates in large pancreatic cancer study
- New blood test shows promise to revolutionize diagnosis of tick-borne diseases
- Report: Use, Not Price, Drives State Health Costs
- Emergency services crews often unprepared for diabetic crises
- Scientists in Sweden create DNA nanowires that offer hope for treatment of diseases
- ID Break: Clean Hands, Fewer Abx; $11 Million HIV Cure?; MenB Vax for Kids
- Patient exposure to X-rays depends on how dentists are paid