Kinga Cichewicz”> Don’t worry, it’s still OK to have that sleep in or afternoon nap. Credit: Kinga Cichewicz A recent study in the Journal of the American Heart Association has led to headlines that will make you rethink your Saturday morning sleep in. Don’t set the alarm just yet. Yes, the researchers found a link […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers have found a sweet spot of six to eight hours sleep a night is most beneficial for heart health. More or less is detrimental. Their findings are presented today at ESC Congress 2018. Study author Dr Epameinondas Fountas, of the Onassis Cardiac Surgery Centre, Athens, Greece, said: “We spend one-third of our lives sleeping […]Continue Reading ...
August 7, 2018 A large study led by Keele University has found that sleeping longer than eight hours is more harmful than sleeping less than seven hours. The study also found that a sleep duration of ten hours is linked with 30% increased risk of dying compared to sleeping for seven hours. A global study […]Continue Reading ...
TUESDAY, July 3, 2018 — For women, working 45 hours or more per week is associated with increased risk of diabetes, according to a study published online July 2 in BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. Mahée Gilbert-Ouimet, Ph.D., from the Institute for Work & Health in Toronto, and colleagues used data from respondents (aged […]Continue Reading ...
June 5, 2018 This week, I responded to readers who were unhappy with their health plan’s decision not to pay an emergency department surcharge for after-hours care and concerned about difficulties getting Medicare to cover claims unrelated to a workers’ compensation injury. Another reader asked about a recently announced hardship exemption from the requirement to […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—A 40-hour paintings week might appear standard to a few and prefer a holiday to others. However a learn about within the American Magazine of Business Medication presentations that persistently surpassing this usual will also be unfavourable for your well being. Researchers discovered that operating 61 to 70 hours per week larger the danger of […]Continue Reading ...
August 23, 2017 Canadian youngsters do not consume sufficient greens, fruit and dairy merchandise throughout college hours, inflicting them to fall in need of a number of day by day nutritional tips about college days, a brand new UBC find out about has discovered. “Ahead of this find out about, no person in Canada had […]Continue Reading ...
April three, 2017 In line with a brand new learn about through the College of Warwick, newborns cry essentially the most in Britain, Canada, Italy, and the Netherlands when compared with the remainder of the international locations on the earth. In a learn about on how a lot a child cries within the first 3 […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 8, 2018 — Only one-third of Canadian patients received hip fracture repair surgery within the desired 24 hours, according to a Canadian study published in the June 11 issue of CMAJ, the journal of the Canadian Medical Association. Daniel Pincus, M.D., from University of Toronto, and colleagues describe novel methods for measuring exact […]Continue Reading ...
By Sally Robertson, BScAugust 6, 2018 A worldwide study led by Keele University has shown that people who sleep for more than eight hours each night are at a greater risk of mortality and cardiovascular disease than people who sleep for seven hours or less. © ruigsantos/Shutterstock.com The study also showed that sleeping for ten […]Continue Reading ...
By Sally Robertson, BScJuly 3, 2018 A study conducted by researchers at the Institute of Work and Health, Toronto has shown that women who work 45 hours or more per week are at an increased risk of diabetes. Image Credit: Anutr Yossundara / Shutterstock The study showed no such increased risk for diabetes among women […]Continue Reading ...
Americans gathered to watch the final presidential debate ahead of 2016 US election that Donald Trump went on to win The average person around the world spent nearly three hours a day in front their television last year, according to a report released Monday. Eurodata TV Worldwide said that television viewing was holding up despite […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Sept. 11, 2017 — A 40-hour paintings week would possibly appear commonplace to a couple and prefer a holiday to others. However a find out about within the American Magazine of Business Medication presentations that persistently surpassing this same old will also be unfavorable for your well being. Researchers discovered that operating 61 to […]Continue Reading ...
A analysis letter showing in JAMA Inner Medication suggests that ladies physicians, however no longer their doctor husbands, lower their paintings hours considerably after kids are born. However as Dr. F. Perry Wilson discusses on this 150 2nd research, there are a couple of tactics to interpret this knowledge. This week, I am taking a […]Continue Reading ...
By way of Kate Bass, BScJuly 14, 2017 Analysis revealed the day prior to this displays that the danger of growing an abnormal heartbeat—atrial traumatic inflammation— is significantly upper amongst other people running greater than 55 hours every week. Clinical observe with inexperienced traces of an bizarre ECG appearing atrial traumatic inflammation. Crimson line = […]Continue Reading ...
- Hospitalization after antibiotic initiation found to be higher for people with Alzheimer’s disease
- Many children with special healthcare needs do not have access to ‘PCMH-concordant’ care
- Investigational nasal influenza vaccine tested in children and teens
- Lymphatic vessels surrounding the brain play crucial role in multiple sclerosis, research suggests
- New fiber laser-based ultrasound sensor may have potential applications in medical diagnostics
- Protect your heart and health during ‘dog days’ of summer
- Faculty receive awards for promise in biomedical research, clinical care | News Center
- Digital games for CVD-related self-management improve exercise capacity and energy expenditure
- Adding PET scans to CT imaging can change treatment for women with cervical cancer
- Human brains may be wired to prefer lying on the couch, suggests research
- Zika virus vaccine shows promise for treatment of fatal glioblastoma
- Theravance Biopharma and Mylan to Report New Data from Phase 3 Studies of Yupelri (revefenacin) in Oral Presentation at European Respiratory Society International Congress 2018
- INSiGHT identifies unique retinal regulatory genes
- Diversity, science leadership grants awarded to student-faculty pairs | News Center
- Many parents blame electronics for sleep problems among teens
- Researchers study neuronal activity in brain that prevents individuals from doing physical activity
- Purifying Proteins from Mammalian Cell Culture
- Researchers map 3D structure of toxic proteins used by Pseudomonas aeruginosa to trigger infection
- Outcome of ACL reconstruction related to the way you move post-surgery
- Study aims to investigate risk factors for PPCs in surgical patients with gastric cancer