Kim Daniels didn’t have to pay a penny for her double mastectomy or the reconstructive surgery she had after treatment for breast cancer in June 2018. Her health insurance, PennCare, administered through Independence Blue Cross in Pennsylvania, fully covered both procedures.Continue Reading ...
A clean and precise technology based on ultra-short pulse laser aims to treat the surfaces of titanium or stainless steel implants to ensure a better anchorage into the human body. Only when the human cells connect with the implant allowing the formation of a fibrous tissue between the bone and the biomaterial, will patients be […]Continue Reading ...
New clinical trial results show that people with paralysis who have been equipped with a technologically advanced, baby-aspirin-sized brain implant can learn to directly operate an off-the-shelf computer tablet, just by thinking about making cursor movements and clicks on a wireless mouse paired to the device. The implant-enabled trial participants were able to carry out […]Continue Reading ...
August 17, 2018 CartiHeal, developer of Agili-C, a proprietary implant for the treatment of joint surface lesions, and two LSU Health New Orleans orthopedic surgeons announced today the successful enrollment of the first two US patients in the Agili-C IDE pivotal study. The first two cases in the United States were performed by Principle Investigator […]Continue Reading ...
July 24, 2018 The BYAXON project makes no extravagant claims. It is very early days for the technology it is proposing, and much more research is needed to take the innovation forward once this four-year undertaking ends in December 2020. Nonetheless, the project is shaping what might, eventually, turn out to be a major breakthrough […]Continue Reading ...
By Sally Robertson, BScApril 16, 2018 Researchers at the University of Waterloo have developed a vaginal implant that could prevent women from contracting HIV. The implant works by reducing the number of T cells that can be targeted by HIV in the genital tract. Credit: crystal light/Shutterstock.com HIV targets and infects activated T cells, a […]Continue Reading ...
April 4, 2018 Physicians and researchers at the USC Roski Eye Institute have collaborated with other California institutions to show that a first-in-kind stem cell-based retinal implant is feasible for use in people with advanced dry age-related macular degeneration. The results of their phase I/IIa study, which was funded in part by the California Institute […]Continue Reading ...
September 21, 2017 MED-EL, a number one supplier of listening to implant methods, has nowadays introduced the sector’s first cochlear implant audio processor to function wi-fi charging on the 61st Austrian Nationwide Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgical procedure Convention. Using a ground-breaking design, the RONDO 2 frees implant customers from the wish to ceaselessly exchange […]Continue Reading ...
Credit: CC0 Public Domain A persistent challenge in HIV/AIDS treatment and prevention is medication adherence – getting patients to take their medication as required to get the best results. Currently, a once-daily pill to prevent HIV infection is available. However, adherence to a once-daily regimen can be difficult for some people. Researchers from the UNC […]Continue Reading ...
Three paralyzed men were able to take their first steps after their accidents due to the spinal implants from doctors in Switzerland. These implants were electrical devices that would send signals to their legs from their brains and help them walk. They were implanted into the base of spines of the men. The devices also […]Continue Reading ...
August 9, 2018 Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) and The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) are developing a 3D printed implant that, when injected in a patient’s body, could deliver a personalized dose of medicine to treat infections as well as ailments such as arthritis, cancer and AIDS. The project, led by Albert Zwiener […]Continue Reading ...
April 19, 2018 Today, Anatotemp is announcing the addition of the 4Side anti-rotational connection to its family of anatomic dental implant healing abutments. Anatotemp anatomic dental implant healing abutments are considered an off-the-shelf solution for creating ideal gingival emergence profile during dental implant treatment. Optimal emergence profile eases clinician workflow during the impression and prosthesis […]Continue Reading ...
Scanning electron microscope image of retinal pigment epithelial cells derived from stem cells. Credit: USC Roski Eye Institute Physicians and researchers at the USC Roski Eye Institute have collaborated with other California institutions to show that a first-in-kind stem cell-based retinal implant is feasible for use in people with advanced dry age-related macular degeneration. The […]Continue Reading ...
The same image looks very different, depending on how many pixels are available. Credit: Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL researchers have developed a new type of retinal implant for people who have become blind due to the loss of photoreceptor cells in their retinas. The implant partially restores their visual field and can significantly […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: College of Nottingham A global-first learn about has discovered that lip-reading can have a really useful impact at the mind and on an individual’s talent to listen to with a cochlear implant, opposite to what was once prior to now believed. Recently, when somebody receives a cochlear implant, scientific execs turning in rehabilitation […]Continue Reading ...
- Neuroscientists show how the brain responds to texture
- Gilead Announces Topline Data From Phase 3 STELLAR-4 Study of Selonsertib in Compensated Cirrhosis (F4) Due to Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
- What Can I Do About Sweating? (for Teens)
- Companies navigate dementia conversations with older workers
- Newly developed stem cell technologies show promise for treating PD patients
- Collaborative material research could advance self-assembling nanomaterials
- Researchers take major step in creating technology that mimics the human brain
- Erasing memories associated with cocaine use reduces drug seeking behavior
- Artificial intelligence can accurately predict prognosis of ovarian cancer patients
- Racial disparities in cancer deaths on the decline for America
- FDA authorizes new interoperable insulin pump for children, adults with diabetes
- Coexisting Medical Conditions, Smoking Explain PTSD-CVD Link
- Skin Cancer Screening: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- ‘Happiness’ exercises can boost mood in those recovering from substance use disorder
- Cell manipulation could soon halt or reverse aging
- Pumped Breast Milk Falls Short of Breastfed Version
- Men’s porn habits could fuel partners’ eating disorders, study suggests
- Rapid progression of age-related diseases may result from formation of vicious cycles
- Immune checkpoint molecule protects against future development of cancer
- New method produces hydrogels that have properties similar to cells’ environment