An EU-funded project is using slime mold to produce accessible sensing devices with a wide range of applications, including environmental monitoring and health – helping European industry become more competitive in the growing biosensor device market. The devices can also be used for citizen science applications. Successful biosensors have to be versatile, small, easy to […]Continue Reading ...
Mar 29 2019 For the first time, a person living with HIV has donated a kidney to a transplant recipient also living with HIV. A multidisciplinary team from Johns Hopkins Medicine completed the living donor HIV-to-HIV kidney transplant on Mar. 25. The doctors say both the donor and the recipient are doing well. Donor Nina […]Continue Reading ...
Jennifer Millar keeps trash bags and hand sanitizer near her tent, and she regularly pours water mixed with hydrogen peroxide on the sidewalk nearby. Keeping herself and the patch of concrete she calls home clean is a top priority. But this homeless encampment off a Hollywood freeway ramp is often littered with needles and trash, […]Continue Reading ...
Home News Professional More People Worldwide Now Know Their HIV Status MONDAY, Dec. 3, 2018 — Three-quarters of patients living with HIV worldwide know their infection status, according to Knowledge Is Power, a new report released Nov. 22 by UNAIDS. In 2017, three-quarters of people living with HIV (75 percent) knew their HIV status, up […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, June 20, 2018 — For U.S. adult males and females, the prevalence of obesity is 38.9 percent and varies with level of urbanization, according to a study published in the June 19 issue of the Journal of the American Medical Association. Craig M. Hales, M.D., from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s […]Continue Reading ...
July three, 2017 Males, not like girls, do not need a menopause or a predictable and detectable decline of their fertility. Feminine age is thus the dominant think about predicting (or explaining) a pair’s probability of conception, whether or not herbal or assisted. A couple of research have discovered that the risk of herbal conception […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Might eight, 2017 — How lengthy you’ll are living relies so much on the place you are living in the USA, a brand new learn about of federal well being knowledge finds. Total, existence expectancy higher for American women and men via relatively greater than 5 years between…Continue Reading ...
The world’s first kidney transplant from a living HIV-positive donor to another HIV-positive person was successfully performed Monday by doctors at a Johns Hopkins University hospital. By not having to rely solely on organs from the deceased, doctors may now have a larger number of kidneys available for transplant. Access to HIV-positive organs became possible […]Continue Reading ...
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youths are more likely to end up in foster care or unstable housing and suffer negative outcomes, such as substance abuse or mental health issues, while living in the child welfare system, according to new research from The University of Texas at Austin. In a Feb. 11 paper […]Continue Reading ...
Will the computers of tomorrow be manufactured, or will they be cultivated? This question lies at the heart of new research from Lehigh University that aims to engineer a neural network–a computer system modeled on the human brain and nervous system–from actual living cells, and program it to compute a basic learning task. The National […]Continue Reading ...
March 21, 2017 METTLER TOLEDO is happy to supply its complete e-training path, DSC Curve Interpretation. The are living path phase will likely be presented thrice on March 29th, 2017, to permit participation from around the world. The path comprises self-paced, interactive studying that may be finished at any time. Each the are living consultation […]Continue Reading ...
Listed below are one of the most newest well being and clinical information traits, compiled through the editors of HealthDay: Yard Poultry Related to Salmonella Outbreaks 8 separate multi-state salmonella outbreaks related to are living poultry in yard flocks are being investigated through the U.S. Facilities for Illness Keep an eye on and Prevention and […]Continue Reading ...
- New gene therapy cures babies with fatal ‘Bubble Boy’ disease
- No female mice? Scientists may still approve NIH grant
- What needs to be said about mental health in medicine
- Hickenlooper Expanded Medicaid, Created State-Run Marketplace To Insure Nearly All Coloradans
- Cancer cells grown in tumor-mimicking environment can help predict the effect of experimental drugs
- Albireo Announces FDA Clearance of IND to Commence Phase 2 Trial of Elobixibat for the Treatment of NAFLD/NASH
- Adhesive gel bonds to eye surface, could repair injuries without surgery
- The future of genomics: A podcast featuring Stanford geneticists
- As Syphilis Invades Rural America, A Fraying Health Safety Net Is Failing To Stop It
- APOE gene impacts sleep depending on gender and severity of Alzheimer’s
- PCORI’s newly approved awards focus on cancer pain and opioid use disorders
- New tool provides a standard way to measure effects of caring for survivors of TBI
- Smartphone use risks eye examination misdiagnosis
- How drug-resistant bugs grow in CF patients’ lungs
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic Elected to American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Podcast: KHN’s ‘What The Health?’ You Have Questions, We Have Answers
- Diabetic drug shows potential to be repurposed as heart disease treatment for non-diabetic patients
- New estimation method assesses natural variations in sex ratio at birth
- UTA scientist receives $1.17 million grant for cancer research
- Coagulation factor VIIa prevents bleeds in hemophilia animal models