After early reports of microplastic pollution in our oceans and beaches sounded the alarm, the global scientific community intensified its focus into this area. Researchers have since found evidence of microplastic contamination seemingly everywhere – also in our lakes and rivers, beverages and food supplies. Dr. Natalia Ivleva, a researcher with the Technical University of […]Continue Reading ...
The Austrian Federal Environment Agency and the Medical University of Vienna have presented the first preliminary results of a pilot study on microplastics (microplastic particles) in humans. They have detected microplastic particles in stool of eight volunteers. The German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment (BfR) summarises its findings on possible health risks of microplastic particles […]Continue Reading ...
An analysis of human stool samples taken from participants across eight countries has found that every single sample tested contained microplastic and that up to nine different plastics were present. Image Credit: Loretta Sze / Shutterstock The study, which was conducted by researchers at the Medical University of Vienna and the Environment Agency Austria, will […]Continue Reading ...
- Piece of puzzle unlocked in what drives alcohol addiction
- Researchers investigate whether Zika reservoirs are found in the Americas
- Compounds found in coffee may inhibit growth of prostate cancer
- Lab Innovations returns to the NEC on 30 & 31 October 2019
- How genes affect tobacco and alcohol use
- Plant cellulose bone implants are “viable” option to support new bone growth, study finds
- Older people living in retirement communities benefit from improved health
- UTSA professor helps train first responders to detect prescription opioid overdoses
- Biohaven’s Verdiperstat Receives Orphan Drug Designation From FDA For Multiple System Atrophy
- Smoking may limit body’s ability to fight dangerous form of skin cancer
- Researchers receive $9.7-million grant to develop new hearing-loss treatments for deaf
- TGen and ABL sign agreement to distribute new TB test technology
- UCD researchers lead development of new urine test to detect prostate cancer
- Miniature brains that can move muscles, grown in the lab
- Servier and Oncodesign announce research and drug development partnership
- FDA warns marketer of unapproved products claiming to treat addiction, chronic pain
- TB Medicine Pretomanid Enters Regulatory Review Process in the United States
- Breastfeeding can erase effects of prenatal violence for newborns
- Tens of Thousands of Heart Patients May Not Need Open-Heart Surgery
- Space worries – shingles affecting astronauts says NASA