April 26, 2018 A University of Delaware researcher investigated the relationship between midday-napping behaviors and neurocognitive function in early adolescents and found some keys to helping the teens battle fatigue. In a study funded by the National Institutes of Health, School of Nursing assistant professor ‘s Xiaopeng Ji and principal investigator Jianghong Liu (University of […]Continue Reading ...
March 29, 2018 Leukemia itself, not just side effects related to its treatment, may increase the risk for long-term problems with attention, organization and related neurocognitive skills in survivors of the most common childhood cancer, according to research from St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The study appears today in the journal JAMA Oncology. Researchers analyzed […]Continue Reading ...
Research led by James D. Slover, MD, associate professor of orthopedic surgery at NYU Langone Health, reveals that people with undiagnosed neurocognitive deficits are undergoing hip and knee replacements at high rates and are more likely to have poorer short-term outcomes after surgery. Credit: NYU Langone Health People with undiagnosed neurocognitive deficits are undergoing hip […]Continue Reading ...
March 6, 2018 According to a recent study, patients with undiagnosed neurocognitive deficits are more likely to undergo knee and hip replacement surgeries and suffer worse short-term outcomes. Credit: sattahipbeach/Shutterstock.com In the study, patients were screened with cognitive assessments prior to undergoing a total joint arthroplasty, or replacement. The findings suggested that people with poor […]Continue Reading ...
- Using light to control crucial step in embryonic development
- Unusual case of father-to-son HIV transmission reported
- FDA Approves Aemcolo (rifamycin) to Treat Travelers’ Diarrhea
- Poverty blamed on widening north-south gap in young adult deaths in England
- Progress in meningitis lags far behind other vaccine-preventable diseases, analysis shows
- Consensus Statement Issued on Management of Foot, Ankle Gout
- Fine particle air pollution is a public health emergency hiding in plain sight
- In-hospital mortality higher among patients with drug-resistant infections
- Research shines new, explanatory light on link between obesity and cancer
- FIND explores new diagnostic assays for confirmatory HCV diagnosis in community settings
- Tracking Preemies’ Head Size May Yield IQ Clues
- Scientists call for unified standards in 3-D genome and epigenetic data
- Lab Innovations 2018 has beaten all records by attracting 3,113 attendees
- Sexuality education before age 18 may reduce risk of sexual assault in college
- New model of FSHD could be useful to study effectiveness of experimental therapeutics
- FDA approves antibacterial drug to treat travelers’ diarrhea
- Lab Innovations 2018 confirmed as a major hit with visitors, exhibitors and speakers
- Largest parasitic worm genetic study hatches novel treatment possibilities
- UCLA biologists uncover how head injuries can lead to serious brain disorders
- Static and dynamic physical activities offer varying protection against heart disease