Brain scan of dementia patient shows neurons with Tau protein (in green) and reactive astrocyte cells (in red). Credit: UCLA/Geschwind lab A UCLA-led research team has identified genetic processes involved in the neurodegeneration that occurs in dementia—an important step on the path toward developing therapies that could slow or halt the course of the disease. […]Continue Reading ...
July 18, 2018 Researchers from the University of Liverpool have identified a new compound that protects against neurodegeneration in nematode worms. The discovery may enable novel treatments for human neurodegenerative diseases to be developed in the future. With the predicted growth of the global aging population, cases of age-associated neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, […]Continue Reading ...
The quilt of the DMM particular factor appearing number one cortical neuronal tradition remoted from new child mice. Credit score: Vito Antonio Baldassarro A rising growing older inhabitants signifies that age-dependent neurodegenerative issues equivalent to Alzheimer’s illness, Parkinson’s illness, Huntington’s illness and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis are affecting expanding numbers of folks, making analysis into those […]Continue Reading ...
- Newly identified subset of immune cells may be key to fighting chronic inflammation
- New immune response regulators discovered
- Poor blood oxygenation during sleep predicts chance of heart-related death
- First international consensus on the diagnosis and management of fibromuscular dysplasia
- Rapid resistance gene sequencing technology can hasten identification of antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Researchers develop artificial enzymatic pathway for synthesizing isoprenoids in E. coli
- Scientists advise caution in immunotherapy research
- How children across the world develop language
- Columbia Medical Student Receives McDonogh Scholarship
- Secretive ‘Rebate Trap’ Keeps Generic Drugs For Diabetes And Other Ills Out Of Reach
- Plant based diet could be the best option for the planet says commission
- New conservation practice could reduce nitrogen from agricultural drainage, study shows
- UIC researchers receive $1.7 million NCI grant to study Southeast Asian fruit
- New study determines the fate of DNA derived from genetically modified food
- Scientists develop new gene therapy that prevents axon destruction in mice
- Study finds critically low HPV vaccination rates among younger adolescents in the U.S.
- Brain cells involved in memory play key role in reducing future eating behavior
- Risk for Conversion of MS Varies With Different Therapies
- Investigational cream may help patients with inflammatory skin disease
- Medical school news office receives six writing awards | News Center