Brain scan of dementia patient shows neurons with Tau protein (in green) and reactive astrocyte cells (in red). Credit: UCLA/Geschwind lab A UCLA-led research team has identified genetic processes involved in the neurodegeneration that occurs in dementia—an important step on the path toward developing therapies that could slow or halt the course of the disease. […]Continue Reading ...
July 18, 2018 Researchers from the University of Liverpool have identified a new compound that protects against neurodegeneration in nematode worms. The discovery may enable novel treatments for human neurodegenerative diseases to be developed in the future. With the predicted growth of the global aging population, cases of age-associated neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease, […]Continue Reading ...
The quilt of the DMM particular factor appearing number one cortical neuronal tradition remoted from new child mice. Credit score: Vito Antonio Baldassarro A rising growing older inhabitants signifies that age-dependent neurodegenerative issues equivalent to Alzheimer’s illness, Parkinson’s illness, Huntington’s illness and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis are affecting expanding numbers of folks, making analysis into those […]Continue Reading ...
- Making Laboratories More Efficient with the Most Modern LIMS on the Market
- Treating cancer patients with personalized, combination therapies improves outcomes
- Researchers engineer new molecules to help stop lung cancer
- Acupuncture can be a wonderful tool for preventing number of diseases
- Daily life disability before hip replacement may predict poor post-operative outcomes
- Study finds involuntary staying in housing estates to be a potential health risk
- Older kidney disease patients starting dialysis die at higher rates than previously thought
- Time-restricted eating shows promise for controlling blood glucose levels
- Research provides important insight on the brain-body connection
- In 10 Years, Half Of Middle-Income Elders Won’t Be Able To Afford Housing, Medical Care
- Researchers study how E. coli clones have become major cause of drug-resistant infections
- Bacterial and fungal toxins found in popular electronic cigarettes
- Texting helps improve medication adherence, health outcomes for patients with schizophrenia
- Cochrane Review looks at different ways to use nicotine replacement therapies
- New review on relationship between COPD and Type 2 diabetes
- Brain areas linked to memory and emotion aid odor navigation in humans
- Brain stimulation reverses age-related memory loss
- Amid Opioid Prescriber Crackdown, Health Officials Reach Out To Pain Patients
- $4 million NIH award will help establish UCI Skin Biology Resource-based Center
- Cancer drugs reprogram genes in breast tumors to prevent endocrine resistance, finds study