SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday unveiled his first state budget, one that leads California down a very different health care path than the one Washington has forged. The progressive blueprint embraces a state health insurance mandate, beefed-up insurance subsidies, coverage for undocumented immigrants and six months of paid parental leave — not unexpected […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Within hours of assuming office Monday, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a defiant challenge to the Trump administration with sweeping plans to expand health coverage to more Californians, pushing for a single-payer system and insurance for undocumented young adult immigrants. He also called for new state-funded subsidies to help people afford health insurance, […]Continue Reading ...
Twenty minutes before the only scheduled 2018 California’s gubernatorial debate, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom rolled into the San Francisco parking garage in a black SUV. Through the tinted windows, a soft overhead light slightly illuminated the front-runner’s chiseled features and slicked-back hair. In a well-tailored blue suit and matching tie, Newsom strode to the elevator […]Continue Reading ...
Californians on Tuesday elected a governor who campaigned for a complete overhaul of how people get their health coverage — but they shouldn’t hold their breath. Rather, as Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom and the Democratic-controlled legislature take steps to provide more people with health insurance, they’ll likely approach it piecemeal over several years. Newsom himself is […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers find new class of blood pressure-regulating peptides in vampire bat venom
- Promega to exhibit new Maxwell RSC48 platform at 2019 Festival of Genomics
- Study pinpoints immune cells that could be key to tackling hypertension
- Couples Intervention May Aid Partners of Diabetes Patients
- Your weight history may predict your heart failure risk
- Explore a cornucopia of accomplishments in prematurity research
- New study identifies four characteristics that predict severity of postpartum depression
- New, scalpel-free treatment for reducing Parkinson’s tremor gets FDA approval
- Neurobiologists uncover key component of how the human brain marks time
- LifeTime receives fund to develop a plan to embed its vision for healthier future
- New NSF funded study may help physicians decrease brain injury deaths
- Ham bones contain peptides that could have cardioprotective effects
- Research finds how Candida albicans adapt to low oxygen levels to cause infection
- Cobra Biologics announces appointment of Dr Darrell Sleep as Director of Innovation
- Cellular protein that interacts with viruses appears to enable infection process of Zika virus
- Opioids Now More Deadly for Americans Than Traffic Accidents
- Women who start periods early are at greater risk of cardiovascular problems
- The brain-circuitry clash that keeps you from diving into that plate of ribs when you’re dining with royalty
- Poo transplant can successfully treat patients with ulcerative colitis
- Study suggests key role for glial cells in Parkinson’s disease