SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday unveiled his first state budget, one that leads California down a very different health care path than the one Washington has forged. The progressive blueprint embraces a state health insurance mandate, beefed-up insurance subsidies, coverage for undocumented immigrants and six months of paid parental leave — not unexpected […]Continue Reading ...
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Within hours of assuming office Monday, Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a defiant challenge to the Trump administration with sweeping plans to expand health coverage to more Californians, pushing for a single-payer system and insurance for undocumented young adult immigrants. He also called for new state-funded subsidies to help people afford health insurance, […]Continue Reading ...
Twenty minutes before the only scheduled 2018 California’s gubernatorial debate, Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom rolled into the San Francisco parking garage in a black SUV. Through the tinted windows, a soft overhead light slightly illuminated the front-runner’s chiseled features and slicked-back hair. In a well-tailored blue suit and matching tie, Newsom strode to the elevator […]Continue Reading ...
Californians on Tuesday elected a governor who campaigned for a complete overhaul of how people get their health coverage — but they shouldn’t hold their breath. Rather, as Gov.-elect Gavin Newsom and the Democratic-controlled legislature take steps to provide more people with health insurance, they’ll likely approach it piecemeal over several years. Newsom himself is […]Continue Reading ...
- Piece of puzzle unlocked in what drives alcohol addiction
- Researchers investigate whether Zika reservoirs are found in the Americas
- Compounds found in coffee may inhibit growth of prostate cancer
- Lab Innovations returns to the NEC on 30 & 31 October 2019
- How genes affect tobacco and alcohol use
- Plant cellulose bone implants are “viable” option to support new bone growth, study finds
- Older people living in retirement communities benefit from improved health
- UTSA professor helps train first responders to detect prescription opioid overdoses
- Biohaven’s Verdiperstat Receives Orphan Drug Designation From FDA For Multiple System Atrophy
- Smoking may limit body’s ability to fight dangerous form of skin cancer
- Researchers receive $9.7-million grant to develop new hearing-loss treatments for deaf
- TGen and ABL sign agreement to distribute new TB test technology
- UCD researchers lead development of new urine test to detect prostate cancer
- Miniature brains that can move muscles, grown in the lab
- Servier and Oncodesign announce research and drug development partnership
- FDA warns marketer of unapproved products claiming to treat addiction, chronic pain
- TB Medicine Pretomanid Enters Regulatory Review Process in the United States
- Breastfeeding can erase effects of prenatal violence for newborns
- Tens of Thousands of Heart Patients May Not Need Open-Heart Surgery
- Space worries – shingles affecting astronauts says NASA