June 29, 2018 A tremendous amount of genetic material must be packed into the nucleus of every cell–a tiny compartment. One of the biggest challenges in biology is to understand how certain regions of this highly packaged DNA can be called upon so that the genes encoded in them can be “turned on” or expressed […]Continue Reading ...
June 22, 2018 The cell nucleus is an organelle, in which the DNA of an organism is protected and duplicated. The nucleus of this organ-like structure in the cell plasma is surrounded by an outer and an inner nuclear envelope, which is penetrated by openings – so-called nuclear pores. The outer nuclear envelope is also […]Continue Reading ...
Assistant Professor Maximiliano D’Angelo, Ph.D. Credit: Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (SBP) Nuclear pore complexes in the nuclear membrane not only control the transport of molecules into and out of the nucleus—they play an essential role in the survival of T cells. A new study by Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (SBP) researchers […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, March 28, 2018 — The United States is ill-prepared to handle the myriad medical emergencies that would be unleashed by a nuclear attack by terrorists, a special report warns. Instead, the absolute best strategy is to prevent such an attack from happening in the first place, said report author Dr. Robert Gale. He’s a […]Continue Reading ...
March 15, 2018 Two University of Houston scientists are reporting that defects in a portion of the brain’s hippocampus, called the dentate gyrus, is regulated by the nuclear receptor LXRβ (Liver X receptor Beta). The dentate gyrus, or DG, is responsible for emotion and memory and is known to be involved in autism spectrum disorders […]Continue Reading ...
Might eight, 2017 A big nuclear cardiology laboratory has slashed its moderate radiation dose via 60% in 8 years, in line with new analysis introduced nowadays at ICNC 2017 and printed in JACC: Cardiovascular Imaging.The learn about in over 18 000 sufferers displays dose discounts have been accomplished regardless of numerous overweight sufferers. “There was […]Continue Reading ...
April 10, 2017 Long run purposes of nuclear cardiology and cardiac computed tomography (CT) imaging are set to be published on the World Convention on Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT (ICNC) 2017. ICNC 2017 will likely be held 7 to nine Might in Vienna, Austria, on the Austria Centre Vienna. ICNC is organised via the […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: George Hodan/public area A learn about in 65 international locations has published low adoption of Global Atomic Power Company suggestions to cut back nuclear cardiology radiation publicity. The analysis is gifted lately at ICNC 2017 via Dr Edward Hulten, a heart specialist on the Walter Reed Nationwide Army Scientific Heart, Bethesda, USA. Nuclear […]Continue Reading ...
May 29, 2018 A new discovery about the effects of aging in our cells could allow doctors to cure or prevent diabetes, fatty liver disease and other metabolic diseases – and possibly even turn back the clock on aging itself. The new finding from the University of Virginia School of Medicine suggests that fatty liver […]Continue Reading ...
May 8, 2018 Nuclear pore complexes in the nuclear membrane not only control the transport of molecules into and out of the nucleus-;they play an essential role in the survival of T cells. A new study by Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute (SBP) researchers describes how a specific nuclear pore component is critical for […]Continue Reading ...
March 16, 2018 Like an island nation, the nucleus of a cell has a transportation problem. Evolution has enclosed it with a double membrane, the nuclear envelope, which protects DNA but also cuts it off from the rest of the cell. Nature’s solution is a massive–by molecular standards–cylindrical configuration known as the nuclear pore complex, […]Continue Reading ...
July three, 2017 Researchers on the College of Melbourne have demonstrated a method to discover nuclear spins in molecules non-invasively, offering a brand new software for biotechnology and fabrics science. Essential analysis in drugs and biology is dependent upon nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy, however till now, it’s been restricted in spatial answer and normally […]Continue Reading ...
June 14, 2017 Saint Louis College researchers record in Molecular Metabolism new findings that the nuclear receptor REV-ERB seems to play a key position in muscle regeneration, suggesting the receptor could also be a just right goal for brand new medicine to regard a number of muscle problems and accidents. Colin Flaveny, Ph.D. assistant professor […]Continue Reading ...
June 14, 2017 Saint Louis College researchers record in Molecular Metabolism new findings that the nuclear receptor REV-ERB seems to play a key function in muscle regeneration, suggesting the receptor could also be a excellent goal for brand new medication to regard quite a lot of muscle issues and accidents. Colin Flaveny, Ph.D. assistant professor […]Continue Reading ...
A learn about in 65 international locations has published low adoption of World Atomic Power Company suggestions to scale back nuclear cardiology radiation publicity. The analysis was once introduced at ICNC 2017 by way of Dr Edward Hulten, a heart specialist on the Walter Reed Nationwide Army Scientific Heart, Bethesda, USA. 1 Nuclear cardiology makes […]Continue Reading ...
- Scientists explore ways for drug therapies to reach deadly brain tumors
- Rethinking fundamental rule of stroke care: ‘Time is brain!’
- Scientists reveal role of ‘junk DNA’ in cancer dissemination
- Google’s DeepMind AI could soon be diagnosing eye conditions
- Scientists trick the brain to embody the prosthetic limb
- Researchers focus on uncoupling obesity from diabetes
- A class of proteins shown to be effective in reducing drug-seeking behaviors
- Gemphire Announces Termination of Phase 2a Clinical Trial of Gemcabene in Pediatric NAFLD
- Rheumatoid arthritis in pregnancy associated with low birth weight and premature birth
- Study may help increase effectiveness of antibiotics against drug-resistant bacteria
- Robotic walking frame aims to help maintain mobility of older adults
- Simple intervention during routine care reduces alcohol consumption in men with HIV
- Genetics Home Reference: gout
- Scientists ID genesis of disease, focus efforts on shape-shifting tau
- OncoThira and NDSU enter into license agreement to develop, market cancer compounds
- Scientists unravel the mystery behind ovarian cancer with high-grade serous carcinoma
- Common signs that indicate vision problems in children
- Removing the cancer label – overhaul in cancer classification proposed
- Prams may expose babies and toddlers to more air pollution finds study
- Duke researchers track missing T-cells in glioblastoma patients