Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease Sunovion Announces FDA Acceptance of New Drug Application for Apomorphine Sublingual Film (APL-130277) MARLBOROUGH, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE) June 12, 2018 –Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Sunovion) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted the New Drug Application (NDA) for apomorphine sublingual film (APL-130277) to treat motor fluctuations (OFF episodes) […]Continue Reading ...
June 1, 2018 Memory, learning and cognitive flexibility depend on a protein ‘off-switch’ in the brain, according to a breakthrough discovery made by an international research collaboration co-led by the University of Warwick. This new knowledge could enable us to better understand and combat neurological diseases which inhibit memory, such as Alzheimer’s. Dr Mark Wall […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers have discovered how a molecular ‘machine’ — that drives inflammation in a range of diseases — turns off in healthy cells. Credit: Kate Schroder, The University of Queensland A discovery by Queensland scientists could be the key to stopping damage caused by uncontrolled inflammation in a range of common diseases including liver disease, Alzheimer’s […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Falls don’t seem to be the one risk for youngsters who trip an off-road car. In lots of portions of the USA, riders might also inhale hazardous mineral fibers and poisonous mud, researchers warn. 4-wheel-drive and all-terrain automobiles “had been designed to function in rugged, unpaved terrain, and […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—5 years after coronary-artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgical treatment, sufferers whose operation used to be carried out with cardiopulmonary bypass (on pump) lived longer than the ones whose surgeons carried out the process with out cardiopulmonary bypass (off pump), in line with a record revealed within the Aug. 17 factor of the New England Magazine […]Continue Reading ...
A microscopy symbol of your complete set of chromosomes in a 2-cell level mouse embryo unearths chemical tags that ,enhance, DNA-packaging proteins referred to as histones. The tag H3K27me3 (proven in inexperienced), can transfer gene task off. The tag H3K4me3 (proven in crimson) can flip gene task on. White represents the chromosomes’ centromeres, and blue […]Continue Reading ...
Losing weight is not easy but keeping it off can prove even harder. NIH researchers are studying ways to keep lost weight off in research that blends entertainment and science. The researchers followed contestants from NBC’s televised weight loss competition, “The Biggest Loser.” The TV show encourages contestants to lose weight through a strict diet […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 2017 — Falls are not the one risk for children who trip an off-road car. In lots of portions of the USA, riders may additionally inhale hazardous mineral fibers and poisonous mud, researchers warn. 4-wheel-drive and all-terrain automobiles “were designed to function in rugged, unpaved terrain, and they may be able to […]Continue Reading ...
The proof thus far suggests off-label prescribing for insomnia puts customers at useless chance of damage. Credit score: Flavio Ronco/Flickr, CC BY-NC-ND Quetiapine, offered below the logo title Seroquel, is a short-acting antipsychotic drug. It is used to regard schizophrenia, bipolar I dysfunction and as an add-on remedy for primary despair and generalised nervousness dysfunction […]Continue Reading ...
It looked like a perfect concept. Carry out coronary-artery bypass grafting (CABG) with out preventing the guts and you’ll be able to save you the risks of cardiopulmonary bypass. Nevertheless it did not figure out. After rising in reputation over the former decade, in 2009 the primary massive, well-conducted trial evaluating on- and off-pump CABG […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, April 21, 2017 — An outdated standby drug turns out to lend a hand sufferers with complex Parkinson’s illness in the course of the tricky occasions when their standard drugs stops running, a brand new trial suggests. Because the motion dysfunction progresses, the effectiveness of the standard drug, levodopa, wears off extra temporarily after […]Continue Reading ...
- High-performance porous polymeric material for chromatography applications
- New molecule shows great promise for future treatment of many cancers
- Immune T cells are built to react as fast as possible, shows study
- ZHX2 protein could offer a new treatment strategy for kidney cancer
- Health burdens of very high risk drinking are potentially large, study reveals
- Using miniature drug-filled nanocarriers to target headaches and tumors
- Researchers uncover cause for progression of prostate cancer to incurable stage
- Studies highlight issues regarding black lung, opioid overdose, police violence and more
- AbbVie submits supplemental NDA to FDA for venetoclax to treat acute myeloid leukemia
- Researchers are one step closer to developing eye drops to treat age-related macular degeneration (AMD)
- Patients maintain muscle mass five years after surgically induced weight loss
- AMSBIO introduces new, powerful CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing kits
- PureTech Health collaborates with Roche to advance oral administration of antisense oligonucleotides
- Analysis reveals disparities in cancer death rates among minority groups
- Dr Maddy Parsons receives Royal Microscopical Society Life Science Medal
- Study finds link between DNA methylation and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Military personnel with head trauma and football players with suspected CTE show similar brain changes
- Vidac Pharma Announces Initiation of Phase 2b Clinical Trial of VDA-1102 Ointment in Patients with Actinic Keratosis
- KKR is buying Envision Healthcare in a nearly $10B deal
- Older people with broken bones face higher risk of death for up to 10 years