Treatment for Parkinson’s Disease Sunovion Announces FDA Acceptance of New Drug Application for Apomorphine Sublingual Film (APL-130277) MARLBOROUGH, Mass.–(BUSINESS WIRE) June 12, 2018 –Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (Sunovion) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted the New Drug Application (NDA) for apomorphine sublingual film (APL-130277) to treat motor fluctuations (OFF episodes) […]Continue Reading ...
June 1, 2018 Memory, learning and cognitive flexibility depend on a protein ‘off-switch’ in the brain, according to a breakthrough discovery made by an international research collaboration co-led by the University of Warwick. This new knowledge could enable us to better understand and combat neurological diseases which inhibit memory, such as Alzheimer’s. Dr Mark Wall […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers have discovered how a molecular ‘machine’ — that drives inflammation in a range of diseases — turns off in healthy cells. Credit: Kate Schroder, The University of Queensland A discovery by Queensland scientists could be the key to stopping damage caused by uncontrolled inflammation in a range of common diseases including liver disease, Alzheimer’s […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Falls don’t seem to be the one risk for youngsters who trip an off-road car. In lots of portions of the USA, riders might also inhale hazardous mineral fibers and poisonous mud, researchers warn. 4-wheel-drive and all-terrain automobiles “had been designed to function in rugged, unpaved terrain, and […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—5 years after coronary-artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgical treatment, sufferers whose operation used to be carried out with cardiopulmonary bypass (on pump) lived longer than the ones whose surgeons carried out the process with out cardiopulmonary bypass (off pump), in line with a record revealed within the Aug. 17 factor of the New England Magazine […]Continue Reading ...
A microscopy symbol of your complete set of chromosomes in a 2-cell level mouse embryo unearths chemical tags that ,enhance, DNA-packaging proteins referred to as histones. The tag H3K27me3 (proven in inexperienced), can transfer gene task off. The tag H3K4me3 (proven in crimson) can flip gene task on. White represents the chromosomes’ centromeres, and blue […]Continue Reading ...
Losing weight is not easy but keeping it off can prove even harder. NIH researchers are studying ways to keep lost weight off in research that blends entertainment and science. The researchers followed contestants from NBC’s televised weight loss competition, “The Biggest Loser.” The TV show encourages contestants to lose weight through a strict diet […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Sept. 22, 2017 — Falls are not the one risk for children who trip an off-road car. In lots of portions of the USA, riders may additionally inhale hazardous mineral fibers and poisonous mud, researchers warn. 4-wheel-drive and all-terrain automobiles “were designed to function in rugged, unpaved terrain, and they may be able to […]Continue Reading ...
The proof thus far suggests off-label prescribing for insomnia puts customers at useless chance of damage. Credit score: Flavio Ronco/Flickr, CC BY-NC-ND Quetiapine, offered below the logo title Seroquel, is a short-acting antipsychotic drug. It is used to regard schizophrenia, bipolar I dysfunction and as an add-on remedy for primary despair and generalised nervousness dysfunction […]Continue Reading ...
It looked like a perfect concept. Carry out coronary-artery bypass grafting (CABG) with out preventing the guts and you’ll be able to save you the risks of cardiopulmonary bypass. Nevertheless it did not figure out. After rising in reputation over the former decade, in 2009 the primary massive, well-conducted trial evaluating on- and off-pump CABG […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, April 21, 2017 — An outdated standby drug turns out to lend a hand sufferers with complex Parkinson’s illness in the course of the tricky occasions when their standard drugs stops running, a brand new trial suggests. Because the motion dysfunction progresses, the effectiveness of the standard drug, levodopa, wears off extra temporarily after […]Continue Reading ...
- Trevena Announces Oliceridine FDA Advisory Committee Meeting Outcome
- Study reveals early warning signs of heart problems in patients with newly diagnosed lupus
- Connecting the dots of Alzheimer’s disease
- New publication offers evidence-based content for global breast imaging medical community
- ‘EinsteinVision’ that improves hand-eye coordination of surgeons introduced at Harefield Hospital
- WRAIR clinical study evaluates safety and immunogenicity of Marburg vaccine
- Ketamine can be considered as alternative to opioids for short-term pain control in ED
- Endurance exercise training beneficially alters gut microbiota composition
- FDA Approves Yutiq (fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant) for Chronic Non-Infectious Posterior Segment Uveitis
- Birthing Options for Full-Term Pregnancy
- Stressed, toxic, zombie cells seen for first time in Alzheimer’s
- Concussion researchers study head motion in high school football hits | News Center
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms related to earliest stages of Alzheimer’s brain pathology
- Neck collar device may help protect the brain of female high school soccer players
- Research reveals how the inner ear processes speech
- Many parents still skeptical about safety and effectiveness of flu shot, survey finds
- Payer Policies May Discourage Non-Pharma Tx for Low Back Pain
- Exercise may delay cognitive decline in people with rare Alzheimer’s disease
- Researchers modify CRISPR to reorganize genome | News Center
- Innovative brain tumor operation set to tailor to patients’ needs