A new study published in Circulation showed that fish oil — which contains the omega-3s EPA and DHA — did not increase perioperative bleeding in surgery patients. In fact, higher blood omega-3 levels were associated with lower risk of bleeding. To explore the question of whether high-dose EPA+DHA supplementation affects the risk for bleeding in […]Continue Reading ...
A new Cochrane Review published today has found that increasing the intake of omega-3 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA) during pregnancy reduces the risk of premature births. Premature birth is the leading cause of death for children under 5 years old worldwide, accounting for close to one million deaths annually. Premature babies are at higher […]Continue Reading ...
Omega-3 fatty acids, such as those typically contained in fish oil, may suppress the growth and spread of breast cancer cells in mice. This is according to a new study in the journal Clinical & Experimental Metastasis, which is published under the Springer imprint. According to lead author, Saraswoti Khadge of the University of Nebraska […]Continue Reading ...
July 18, 2018 New evidence published today shows there is little or no effect of omega 3 supplements on our risk of experiencing heart disease, stroke or death. Omega 3 is a type of fat. Small amounts of omega 3 fats are essential for good health, and they can be found in the food that […]Continue Reading ...
May 3, 2018 A major discovery that could “revolutionize” the understanding of omega-3 production in the ocean has been made by an international team of scientists. Led by the University of Stirling, research has found – for the first time – that omega-3 fatty acids can be created by many invertebrates inhabiting marine ecosystems, including […]Continue Reading ...
April 13, 2018 More than 16 million Americans suffer from dry eye, an often chronic condition that causes burning, itching, or stinging sensations in the eye, as well as impaired vision. For years, patients and their eye doctors have turned to omega-3 fatty acids commonly found in fish-derived supplements as a treatment for the disease. […]Continue Reading ...
August 24, 2017 Effects from a brand new find out about printed within the Magazine of Scientific Lipidology confirmed that during 14 randomized, managed trials (RCTs) of 71,899 other people, intake of EPA and DHA omega-3s lowered the danger of cardiac dying via a statistically-significant reasonable of eight p.c. Cardiac dying accounts for approximately two-thirds […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 22, 2017 The prevalence of Alzheimer’s illness (AD) is predicted to triple within the coming many years and no remedy has been discovered. Lately, hobby in nutritional approaches for prevention of cognitive decline has larger. Specifically, the omega-Three fatty acids have proven anti-amyloid, anti-tau and anti inflammatory movements within the brains of animals. […]Continue Reading ...
The Microbial Biology and Metagenomics group at the University of Queensland’s Diamantina Institute uses the BMG LABTECH FLUOstar Omega microplate reader to develop new methods to study the human gut microbiome. The researchers’ aim is to assess how the products that these microbes produce or consume influence digestive health. Therefore, automated growth assays of gut […]Continue Reading ...
Aug 22 2018 New research published in the August edition of the Journal of the American College of Cardiology’s Heart Failure issue found significant correlations between blood levels of EPA plus DHA omega-3s in “cognitive” (as opposed to “somatic”) depression among heart failure subjects. (Cognitive depression would include symptoms like sadness and pessimism, whereas somatic […]Continue Reading ...
June 6, 2018 The balance between omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids in the tissues of female mammals, which previous research has suggested can impact the incidence of obesity in their offspring, appears to do so through its effect on the microbial population of the infant’s gastrointestinal tract. In the open-access journal Microbiome, a team of […]Continue Reading ...
News Release Friday, April 13, 2018 NIH-funded study finds omega-3 fails to yield beneficial results in the clinic. Omega-3 fatty acid supplements taken orally proved no better than placebo at relieving symptoms or signs of dry eye, according to the findings of a well-controlled trial funded by the National Eye Institute (NEI), part of the […]Continue Reading ...
March 15, 2018 Study shows omega-3 levels are better predictors of risk for death than serum cholesterol A recent study published in the Journal of Clinical Lipidology looked at the value of measuring blood levels of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids to assess an individual’s risk for developing certain diseases. In this new report […]Continue Reading ...
July 18, 2017 Chemical substances referred to as cannabinoids are present in marijuana and likewise are produced naturally within the frame from omega-Three fatty acids. A well known cannabinoid in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol, is liable for a few of its euphoric results, however it additionally has anti inflammatory advantages. A brand new learn about in animal […]Continue Reading ...
Neuroimaging presentations larger blood waft in areas of the mind related to reminiscence and finding out for folks with upper omega-Three ranges, in line with a brand new record within the Magazine of Alzheimer’s Illness. The prevalence of Alzheimer’s illness (AD) is predicted to triple within the coming many years and no remedy has been […]Continue Reading ...
- Obesity to Blame for Almost 1 in 25 Cancers Worldwide
- How the brain tells you to scratch that itch
- New findings could help develop new immunotherapies against cancer
- World’s largest AI-powered medical research network launched by OWKIN
- Young people suffering chronic pain battle isolation and stigma as they struggle to forge their identities
- Lifespan extension at low temperatures depends on individual’s genes, study shows
- New ingestible capsule can be controlled using Bluetooth wireless technology
- Researchers uncover microRNAs involved in the control of social behavior
- Research offers hope for patients with serious bone marrow cancer
- Link between poverty and obesity is only about 30 years old, study shows
- Mass spectrometry throws light on old case of intentional heavy metal poisoning
- BeyondSpring Announces Phase 3 Study 105 of its Lead Asset Plinabulin for Chemotherapy-Induced Neutropenia Meets Primary Endpoint at Interim Analysis
- Study finds that in treating obesity, one size does not fit all
- Tenacity and flexibility help maintain psychological well-being, mobility in older people
- Study reveals role of brain mechanism in memory recall
- High levels of oxygen encourage the brain to remain in deep, restorative sleep
- Experimental HIV vaccine strategy works in non-human primates, research shows
- Genetically modified pigs could limit replication of classical swine fever virus, study shows
- FDA Approves Herzuma (trastuzumab-pkrb), a Biosimilar to Herceptin
- Cost and weight-loss potential matter most to bariatric surgery patients