Credit: CC0 Public Domain Young children prescribed antibiotics and, to a lesser extent, drugs to curb excess stomach acid, may be at heightened risk of obesity, suggests research published online in the journal Gut. These drugs, particularly if taken for lengthy periods, may alter gut microbes that have been associated with weight gain, explain the […]Continue Reading ...
Credit: CC0 Public Domain Older adults diagnosed with dementia are frequently being prescribed potentially inappropriate medications, which leaves them at risk of delirium, worsening cognitive impairment, and increased mortality, a University of Otago study has found. Lead author Dr. Sharmin Bala, of the Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, is calling for improvements to prescriptions […]Continue Reading ...
Pilot find out about displays that with shared decision-making, sufferers go for part the collection of tablet. Cesarean supply is the most typical inpatient surgical process in the USA, with 1.four million c-sections carried out each and every yr. Opioids, maximum repeatedly oxycodone, are the usual ache drugs prescribed to girls following cesarean supply, however […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Aged sufferers affected by overactive bladder (OAB) are prescribed oxybutynin at an “alarmingly top” charge, in spite of its identified impact on cognitive decline. Notice that the frequency with which oxybutynin is prescribed could also be pushed by way of tiered Medicare formularies that mandate that sufferers use the drug first earlier than […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, Sept. 14, 2018 — For patients undergoing rhinoplasty, postoperative opioid refills are extremely rare, according to a research letter published online Sept. 6 in JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery. Rosh K.V. Sethi, M.D., M.P.H., from Harvard Medical School in Boston, and colleagues conducted a retrospective review of 173 patients who underwent rhinoplasty to examine opioid […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CC0 Public Area Cesarean supply is the commonest inpatient surgical process in the US, with 1.four million c-sections carried out each and every 12 months. Opioids, maximum often oxycodone, are the usual ache medicines prescribed to girls following cesarean supply, however the choice of capsules which can be prescribed varies between suppliers and […]Continue Reading ...
- New study shows link between secondhand smoke and cardiac arrhythmia
- DZIF scientists reveal problems with available diagnostics for Zika and chikungunya virus
- Breast cancers more likely to metastasize in young women within 10 years of giving birth
- Blood vessels can now be created perfectly in a petri dish
- Study identifies prominent socioeconomic and racial disparities in health behavior in Indiana
- Young-Onset Type 2 Diabetes Tied to Increased Hospitalization Risk
- For-profit nursing schools associated with lower performance on nurse licensure test
- Considering the culture of consent in medicine
- Researchers identify comprehensive guidelines for managing severe atopic dermatitis
- Analyzing proteins in blister fluid may classify burn severity more accurately
- Study finds higher suicide rates among youth who were Medicaid enrollees
- Opioid drugs often overprescribed to children for pain relief, say CHOP surgeons
- New biodegradable wound dressing material accelerates healing
- Life in Space May Take Toll on Spinal Muscles
- Bulldogs’ screw tails linked to human genetic disease
- Immunotherapy target identified for pediatric cancers
- Financial stress may increase heart disease risk in African Americans
- Scientists solve another piece of Ebola virus puzzle
- New project finds how endocrine disruptors interfere with thyroid functions
- Research finds decline in ketone body utilization when coronary circulation is reduced