Sep 19 2018 Procedure could help doctors treat disease before it spreads – without drastic surgery A new minimally invasive surgery could provide a breakthrough in treating early-stage lung cancer, based on a review of some of the first patients to receive the procedure. X-ray images of lung samples with the microcoil. (Courtesy: Cleveland Clinic) […]Continue Reading ...
First results from a clinical trial of a procedure to open obstructed airways in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) have shown that it significantly reduces problems associated with the disease and is safe. Presenting findings from the AIRFLOW 2 phase II clinical trial, the principal investigator, Dr Dirk-Jan Slebos, from the University Medical […]Continue Reading ...
May 23, 2018 A new study demonstrates that awake video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (AVATS) – a minimally invasive procedure that is done under local anesthesia and sedation – is a safe and effective alternative for patients with poor lung function and lung cancer who would normally be precluded from having surgery due to its risks. The […]Continue Reading ...
May 22, 2018 The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Doptelet (avatrombopag) tablets to treat low blood platelet count (thrombocytopenia) in adults with chronic liver disease who are scheduled to undergo a medical or dental procedure. This is the first drug approved by the FDA for this use. “Patients with chronic liver disease who […]Continue Reading ...
Freezing the nerve that carries hunger signals to the brain may help patients with mild-to-moderate obesity lose weight, according to a study presented at the Society of Interventional Radiology’s 2018 Annual Scientific Meeting. The treatment was determined safe and feasible in the initial pilot phase. “We developed this treatment for patients with mild-to-moderate obesity to […]Continue Reading ...
September 28, 2017 ClaroNav is happy to announce that it has gained FDA 510(Okay) clearance from the Meals and Drug Management (FDA) to marketplace and promote NaviENT in the USA. NaviENT had in the past been granted CE mark for the Eu marketplace and Well being Canada popularity of the Canadian marketplace in 2016. NaviENT, […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, Sept. 20, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Weight problems surgical procedure could have long-lasting results on weight and the chance of creating sort 2 diabetes and hypertension, a brand new find out about unearths. Docs have recognized that a kind of weight problems surgical procedure, referred to as gastric bypass, works within the non permanent. […]Continue Reading ...
September 6, 2017 An experimental imaging software that makes use of a centered fluorescent dye effectively lit up the benign mind tumors of sufferers throughout removing surgical procedure, permitting surgeons to spot tumor tissue, a brand new learn about from researchers on the Perelman Faculty of Medication on the College of Pennsylvania displays. The tumors, […]Continue Reading ...
— A biopsy involves removing bodily tissue to examine it for disease, typically cancer. The procedure also may be used to diagnose other conditions, such as an infection, the Radiological Society of North America says. Some biopsies involve removing a small amount of tissue with a needle, while others entail surgically removing an entire suspicious […]Continue Reading ...
FDA Approves Doptelet (avatrombopag) for Chronic Liver Disease Patients with Thrombocytopenia who are Undergoing a Medical Procedure May 21, 2018 — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Doptelet (avatrombopag) tablets to treat low blood platelet count (thrombocytopenia) in adults with chronic liver disease who are scheduled to undergo a medical or dental procedure. […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, May 10, 2018 — For patients with acute osteoporotic vertebral compression fractures, percutaneous vertebroplasty does not result in significantly greater pain relief than a sham procedure at 12 months, according to a study published online May 9 in The BMJ. Cristina E. Firanescu, from the Elisabeth TweeSteden Hospital in Tilburg, Netherlands, and colleagues conducted […]Continue Reading ...
March 23, 2018 Physicians, trainees and even laypeople can now stand right beside an expert radiologist as he performs one of the most difficult medical procedures of its kind – in virtual reality. Ziv Haskal, MD, of the University of Virginia Health System, has created a dramatic teaching tool using the power of virtual reality. […]Continue Reading ...
September 26, 2017 Loyola Drugs physicians have proposed a easy new formulation to support the reporting of robot surgical procedures carried out by way of surgeons in coaching. The formulation, known as RoboLog, was once effectively piloted on 310 urologic robot surgical procedures, consistent with a find out about revealed within the Magazine of Surgical […]Continue Reading ...
September 14, 2017 A randomized medical trial has when put next key-hole (laparoscopic) surgical procedure and open surgical procedure in pancreatic most cancers sufferers present process pancreaticoduodenectomy, or the Whipple process. The process is used to regard tumors positioned within the head of the pancreas and adjoining spaces, the place roughly 75% of pancreatic most […]Continue Reading ...
Saleem Abdulrauf, M.D., chair of neurosurgery at Saint Louis College and a SLUCare surgeon at SSM Well being Saint Louis College Medical institution. Credit score: Saint Louis College In a primary time find out about revealed within the August version of the Magazine of Neurosurgery, Saint Louis College surgeons and researchers record that the usage […]Continue Reading ...
- Optibrium and University of Nottingham Collaborate on Innovative Teaching Programme
- RNA defects linked to multiple myeloma progression in high risk patients
- Science is on trial – and we need doctors to provide the defense
- Salk researchers receive $19.2 million to unravel mysteries of age-related cognitive decline
- KE Eye Centers offer new solution for patients with myopia and astigmatism
- Trumpeted new Medicare Advantage benefits will be hard for seniors to find
- Biogen and Eisai Announce Presentation of Detailed Analyses from the Phase 1b Long-Term Extension Study of Aducanumab at Clinical Trials on Alzheimer’s Disease (CTAD)
- Scientists reveal new cystic fibrosis treatments work best in inflamed airways
- Testing coronary calcium levels can better predict patient’s risk for coronary heart disease
- FDA conducts mass seizure of food and medical products held under insanitary conditions
- FDA Approves Invokana (canagliflozin) to Reduce the Risk of Heart Attack, Stroke or Cardiovascular Death in Adults with Type 2 Diabetes and Established Cardiovascular Disease
- Hormone helps reverse brain damage caused by obesity
- Grants aim to provide better cancer clinical trial access for military veterans
- Mitochondrial DNA may have strong influence on cellular metabolism and disease susceptibility
- High stakes, entrenched interests and the Trump rollback of environmental regs
- Stem cells transplanted for treatment of Parkinson’s disease
- Sandoz Inc. Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Losartan Potassium and Hydrochlorothiazide Due to the Detection of Trace Amounts of NDEA (N-Nitrosodiethylamine) Impurity Found in the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API)
- Protein found in patients with severe asthma can help identify who would benefit from targeted drugs
- Experts develop a list of competencies in antimicrobial prescribing and stewardship
- Allied BioScience receives approved label from EPA for new bacteriostatic surface coating