March 2019 Print this issue The Good, the Bad, and the Unknown Fat is an essential nutrient for our bodies. It provides energy. It helps our guts absorb certain vitamins from foods. But what types of fat should you be eating? Are there any you should avoid? Recommendations about dietary fat have shifted over the […]Continue Reading ...
Home News Consumer News Health Tip: Eat Less Saturated Fat — The American Heart Association recommends reducing saturated fat to no more than 6 percent of total daily calories for people who need to lower “bad” cholesterol. The AHA suggests how to limit saturated fat: Eat more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, poultry, […]Continue Reading ...
In the debate of low-fat versus low-carb diets, both can help you shed unwanted weight equally, as long as you’re choosing healthy options. But it turns out a diet composed of fewer carbs and higher amounts of saturated fat might actually have health benefits outside of weight loss — better blood cholesterol levels. This finding […]Continue Reading ...
Some of the largest-ever research of nutrition and its have an effect on on mortality and heart problems made large waves when its findings have been introduced on the Ecu Society of Cardiology Congress in Barcelona this week. Topline takeaways from the Potential City Rural Epidemiology learn about (PURE), additionally printed in The Lancet, have […]Continue Reading ...
April 18, 2017 Saturated fats is a main suspect within the onset of osteoarthritis after QUT scientists discovered it modified the composition of cartilage, in particular within the weight-bearing joints of the hip and knee. Analysis, printed as of late in Medical Studies, carried out by means of Professor Yin Xiao, from QUT’s Institute of […]Continue Reading ...
Via Dr Ananya Mandal, MDJune 19, 2017 In step with a brand new document from the American Middle Affiliation, the usage of coconut oil within the vitamin might not be such a good suggestion as up to now concept. The document comes from the Nutritional Fat and Cardiovascular Illness advisory that has appeared into a […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, June 15, 2017 — Changing saturated fat with more healthy ones present in some vegetable oils can scale back levels of cholesterol and middle illness chance up to statins, a brand new American Center Affiliation (AHA) advisory says. The ones more healthy fat are poly-unsaturated fat and mono-unsaturated fat. Poly-unsaturated fat are present in […]Continue Reading ...
Amongst docs and the general public alike, there’s a fashionable trust that nutritional saturated fats clogs up the arteries and ends up in coronary middle illness. A brand new editorial revealed within the British Magazine of Sports activities Medication says that this perception of saturated fats clogging a pipe is “simply simple unsuitable.” In keeping […]Continue Reading ...
Every summer, a “dead zone” forms in the Gulf of Mexico. Plumes of oxygen-robbing algae, fed by excess nitrogen coming in from the Mississippi River, kill off marine life and threaten the livelihoods of those who fish the Gulf. States bordering the Mississippi River are putting strategies in place to limit nitrogen from wastewater treatment […]Continue Reading ...
By Dr Ananya Mandal, MDAugust 22, 2018 In a 50 minute lecture, Dr Karin Michels Professor of Harvard’s TH Chan School of Public Health and director of the Institute for Prevention and Tumour Epidemiology at the University of Freiburg, has called coconut oil one of the “worst foods you can eat,” calling it “pure poison.” […]Continue Reading ...
August 30, 2017 Metabolically wholesome overweight adults eating a vitamin top in unsaturated fats and coffee in saturated fats might be able to lower their overall ldl cholesterol via 10 issues, a brand new learn about suggests. On the other hand, there was once little analysis proof to make stronger present nutritional suggestions that changing […]Continue Reading ...
Through Dr Ananya Mandal, MDJune 19, 2017 In line with a brand new document from the American Middle Affiliation, using coconut oil within the nutrition might not be such a good suggestion as up to now concept. The document comes from the Nutritional Fat and Cardiovascular Illness advisory that has seemed into a number of […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, June 15, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Changing saturated fat with fitter ones present in some vegetable oils can scale back levels of cholesterol and center illness possibility up to statins, a brand new American Center Affiliation (AHA) advisory says. The ones fitter fat are poly-unsaturated fat and mono-unsaturated fat. Poly-unsaturated fat are present in […]Continue Reading ...
The American Center Affiliation doubled down on its nutritional suggestions in an advisory calling for switching poly- and mono-unsaturated vegetable oil for saturated fat to lend a hand save you middle illness. “Making an allowance for the totality of the clinical proof, pleasurable rigorous standards for causality, we conclude strongly that reducing consumption of saturated […]Continue Reading ...
Human center. Credit score: copyright American Middle Affiliation The commonly held trust amongst medical doctors and the general public that saturated fat clog up the arteries, and so reason coronary center illness, is solely “simple unsuitable,” contend mavens in a piece of writing printed on-line within the British Magazine of Sports activities Medication. It is […]Continue Reading ...
- New gene therapy cures babies with fatal ‘Bubble Boy’ disease
- No female mice? Scientists may still approve NIH grant
- What needs to be said about mental health in medicine
- Hickenlooper Expanded Medicaid, Created State-Run Marketplace To Insure Nearly All Coloradans
- Cancer cells grown in tumor-mimicking environment can help predict the effect of experimental drugs
- Albireo Announces FDA Clearance of IND to Commence Phase 2 Trial of Elobixibat for the Treatment of NAFLD/NASH
- Adhesive gel bonds to eye surface, could repair injuries without surgery
- The future of genomics: A podcast featuring Stanford geneticists
- As Syphilis Invades Rural America, A Fraying Health Safety Net Is Failing To Stop It
- APOE gene impacts sleep depending on gender and severity of Alzheimer’s
- PCORI’s newly approved awards focus on cancer pain and opioid use disorders
- New tool provides a standard way to measure effects of caring for survivors of TBI
- Smartphone use risks eye examination misdiagnosis
- How drug-resistant bugs grow in CF patients’ lungs
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic Elected to American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- Podcast: KHN’s ‘What The Health?’ You Have Questions, We Have Answers
- Diabetic drug shows potential to be repurposed as heart disease treatment for non-diabetic patients
- New estimation method assesses natural variations in sex ratio at birth
- UTA scientist receives $1.17 million grant for cancer research
- Coagulation factor VIIa prevents bleeds in hemophilia animal models