Senators got their first opportunity Tuesday to prod drugmakers about the wallet-emptying prices they charge for prescription drugs. Almost in unison, the executives expressed support for eliminating rebates that flow to industry middlemen instead of patients; for increasing transparency about how they set prices; for shifting to a more value-based pricing system, in which outcomes […]Continue Reading ...
Kenneth Frazier, CEO of pharma giant Merck, is set to face senators Tuesday who say drug costs are “sky-high” and “out of control.” But Frazier doesn’t need new talking points. Sixty years ago, a different panel of senators grilled a different Merck boss about the same problem. To a striking degree, the subjects likely to […]Continue Reading ...
WASHINGTON — Wednesday’s Senate listening to on easy methods to stabilize the Reasonably priced Care Act’s (ACA) medical health insurance marketplaces was once notable for its nearly general settlement on answers — and no longer simply a few of the senators. Ensuring the cost-sharing aid (CSR) bills are persisted “is essentially the most vital factor […]Continue Reading ...
It sounded like an answer to prayers for millions with diabetes struggling to pay soaring prices for insulin. At a congressional hearing last month, Sen. Mike Enzi said an adviser had found “a foundation to import insulin for a number of people at lower cost.” The Wyoming Republican told the mother of a young man […]Continue Reading ...
Senators in a single day voted down a model of the Senate Republicans’ personal invoice, the Higher Care Reconciliation Act, via a vote of 43-57. (The Hill) Previous, the Senate parliamentarian dominated that a number of extra provisions within the BCRA violate the Byrd rule and will require 60 votes to cross. (Axios)Continue Reading ...
- Cytosurge’s first FluidFM User Conference
- New study finds that previously described differences among endoscopists are not true
- Study compares effectiveness and cost of gene therapy and HSCT in major beta-thalassemia
- Scientific breakthrough provides new hope for people living with multiple sclerosis
- New Virtual Reality Therapy game could offer relief for patients with chronic pain, mobility issues
- Emergency medicine doctors find better way to treat severe epileptic seizures in children
- MedlinePlus: Cholesterol Good and Bad
- For busy medical students, two-hour meditation study may be as beneficial as longer course
- Music therapy helps young patients feel better
- Molecular target UNC45A is essential for cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth
- Crackling and wheezing could be the sounds of a progressing lung disease
- Key research takeaways from ECCMID 2019
- AI Can Identify Model of Cardiac Rhythm Device From Chest X-Ray
- New way to combat childhood anxiety: treat the parents
- Women getting C-sections best judge of own pain medication needs | News Center
- Immune responses that prevent fungal infections may eliminate Trichinella spiralis
- Exercising in the morning, rather than at night, may yield better results, shows study
- Why eating ‘right’ could cause you to stray from your diet
- Health Tip: Antidepressant Precautions – Drugs.com MedNews
- Bigger portions lead to preschoolers eating more over time