Simple ovarian cysts are extremely common in women and do not require additional ultrasound surveillance or surgical removal, according to a new study of more than 72,000 women and close to 119,00 pelvic ultrasound exams over a dozen years. The study, a collaboration between UC San Francisco and Kaiser Permanente Washington, found that simple cysts […]Continue Reading ...
Shutterstock”> Trusting our instincts is vital for better mental health. Credit: Shutterstock While we take physical workouts very seriously, there is much less said about the “workouts” that help us remain mentally agile and healthy. But just as with physical health, there are simple and practical ways that can help everyone to enjoy good mental […]Continue Reading ...
— After a gastrointestinal virus makes your abdomen delicate and you are feeling nauseated, steer clear of heavy meals that may irritate your signs. The American Academy of Circle of relatives Physicians suggests those easy-on-your-tummy meals: Bananas. Rice and simple potatoes. Simple applesauce. Simple dry toast. Saltine crackers. Transparent broth. Posted: Would possibly 2017 Beneficial […]Continue Reading ...
July 11, 2018 Here’s the neuroscience of a neglected banana (and a lot of other things in daily life): whenever you look at its color – green in the store, then yellow, and eventually brown on your countertop – your mind categorizes it as unripe, ripe, and then spoiled. A new study that tracked how […]Continue Reading ...
April 25, 2017 A 15-year follow-up learn about of younger adults with epilepsy discovered that the ones with simple epilepsy who had been seizure-free for 5 years or extra did in addition to their siblings with out epilepsy in measures of training, employment, circle of relatives preparations and using standing. Adolescence with sophisticated epilepsy had […]Continue Reading ...
- FDA Approves Zulresso (brexanolone) for the Treatment of Post-Partum Depression
- How it manipulates us to tribalism
- How can doctors encourage patients to adopt healthier behaviors?
- Meet Hal: He's One Sick Robot
- Blood test and mathematical model can estimate preterm birth rate in low-resource countries
- TAVR procedure safe in patients with unusual valve anatomy
- Proteins in the eye may be potential source for cost-effective test to predict Alzheimer’s disease
- Opioid Prescriptions Dropped for New Users From 2012 to 2017
- New method may better predict the best treatment for burn wounds
- “Asian” isn’t specific enough for health data, research suggests
- ColumbiaDoctors Presents Honors for Outstanding Commitment to Patient Safety
- Innovative model identifies primate species with potential to transmit Zika in the Americas
- One-off surgery could offer hope to patients with high blood pressure
- How to Protect Your Kids From Drowning
- CEA Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Two years after face transplant, Andy Sandness’ smile shows his progress
- Registration now open for Stanford’s Big Data in Precision Health conference
- Gene Keeps Fear at Bay, But Only in Females
- GARDP and Evotec partner to tackle growing threat of antimicrobial resistance
- Ultrasound offers precise, minimally invasive way to measure cardiac output in children