NCHS Data Brief No. 320, September 2018 PDF Version (357 KB) Kirsten A. Herrick, Ph.D., M.Sc., Ana L. Terry, M.S., R.D., and Joseph Afful, M.S. Key findings Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey In 2013–2016, water accounted for 43.7% of total beverage consumption among U.S. youth, followed by milk (21.5%), soft […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, Jan. 10, 2019 — There is considerable state-level variation in total fertility rates for each race and Hispanic-origin group, according to a study published Jan. 10 in National Vital Statistics Reports, a publication from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. T.J. Matthews and Brady E. Hamilton, Ph.D., from the National Center for […]Continue Reading ...
March 6, 2018 High Total Cholesterol in Late Old Age May be Marker Of Protective Factor People aged 85 and older whose total cholesterol had increased from their levels at midlife had a reduced risk for marked cognitive decline, compared with those a decade younger whose cholesterol was similarly elevated, Mount Sinai researchers report in […]Continue Reading ...
July 23, 2018 Individualized dietary recommendations based on genetic information are currently a popular trend. A team at the Technical University of Munich (TUM) has systematically analyzed scientific articles and reached the following conclusion: There is no clear evidence for the effect of genetic factors on the consumption of total calories, carbohydrates, and fat. According […]Continue Reading ...
April 21, 2017 Taking a look to strengthen your total lifestyles pleasure? Take a look at steadily mountaineering in a woodland or differently enticing with the herbal atmosphere. After which, for excellent measure, search for tactics to construct your accept as true with within the scientists and policymakers fascinated about managing the woodland the place […]Continue Reading ...
- FDA Approves Zulresso (brexanolone) for the Treatment of Post-Partum Depression
- How it manipulates us to tribalism
- How can doctors encourage patients to adopt healthier behaviors?
- Meet Hal: He's One Sick Robot
- Blood test and mathematical model can estimate preterm birth rate in low-resource countries
- TAVR procedure safe in patients with unusual valve anatomy
- Proteins in the eye may be potential source for cost-effective test to predict Alzheimer’s disease
- Opioid Prescriptions Dropped for New Users From 2012 to 2017
- New method may better predict the best treatment for burn wounds
- “Asian” isn’t specific enough for health data, research suggests
- ColumbiaDoctors Presents Honors for Outstanding Commitment to Patient Safety
- Innovative model identifies primate species with potential to transmit Zika in the Americas
- One-off surgery could offer hope to patients with high blood pressure
- How to Protect Your Kids From Drowning
- CEA Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Two years after face transplant, Andy Sandness’ smile shows his progress
- Registration now open for Stanford’s Big Data in Precision Health conference
- Gene Keeps Fear at Bay, But Only in Females
- GARDP and Evotec partner to tackle growing threat of antimicrobial resistance
- Ultrasound offers precise, minimally invasive way to measure cardiac output in children