In the spirit of WHO, which regards this problem as one of the ten major healthcare problems in the world – the aim of all participants is to engage with parents, political decision-makers, the media and healthcare professionals, in particular, to raise awareness and hence achieve greater vaccination coverage in general. “We see a particular […]Continue Reading ...
The European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ECCMID) 2019 aims to showcase the best speakers, workshops, and innovations in the fields of clinical microbiology and infectious diseases. Running from the 13th to the 16th of April, RAI Amsterdam will host ECCMID 2019, which features global leaders and specialists across all disciplines in the […]Continue Reading ...
Apr 12 2019 The 14th Annual ESCP conference, which unites global experts in coloproctology, will hear from several prolific key speakers over the course of three days, sharing research, innovation and best practice in Vienna this September. Last year’s conference in Nice was the European Society of Coloproctology’s biggest to date, with 1,800 delegates from […]Continue Reading ...
Apr 5 2019 The Neuroimmunology Drug Development Summit, or NIDD, will be held in Boston, MA, from April 16-18 2019. This new Hanson Wade event is aimed at experts looking to target chronic neuroinflammation in neurodegenerative disorders. It will enable them understand the pathology, validate effective neuroimmunological drug targets and develop more predictive preclinical models. […]Continue Reading ...
Apr 2 2019 Hologic, Inc.’s Cynosure division announced today it will partner with key opinion leaders to present 19 scientific abstracts on its industry-leading medical aesthetics technology at the 39th Annual Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery (ASLMS). The conference will take place March 27-31 in Denver. The presentations underpin the […]Continue Reading ...
Mar 25 2019 The Scientific Symposium at LABVOLUTION will be focusing on key issues in the life sciences. Accordingly, a high level of visitor demand is anticipated. The Scientific Symposium will be making its debut at LABVOLUTION (Source: Deutsche Messe AG) We are delighted that LABVOLUTION is hosting the Scientific Symposium. LABVOLUTION’s mission is to […]Continue Reading ...
On March 26th, the Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska University Hospital in Sweden are launching a new study aimed at reducing online sexual exploitation of children. Recruitment of study participants will take place in forums on the encrypted part of the internet called the darknet. This study aims to evaluate a new way to help people […]Continue Reading ...
More than 150 leading scientific suppliers and 3,000 attendees will descend on Lab Innovations on 30 & 31 October 2019 at the NEC, Birmingham, to discover, debate and discuss the latest scientific developments and equipment. Now in its 8th year, the UK’s only trade show dedicated to the laboratory industry continues to enjoy support from […]Continue Reading ...
The widespread adoption of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) revolutionized clinical medicine, and the revolution has not stopped. Scientists in an EU-funded project are exploring ways to make MRIs even more effective – aiming to help patients get the best possible treatment through early disease detection. For all its merits, MRI clinical imaging has limits that […]Continue Reading ...
The MDI Biological Laboratory and the University of New England (UNE) are bringing Maine researchers together to discuss how they can collaborate to identify solutions to the opioid epidemic in Maine. In a first step toward this goal, the institution will hold a panel discussion on the opioid crisis at the upcoming 46th Maine Biological […]Continue Reading ...
The Stanford Medicine Abilities Coalition will hold its inaugural event, a mixer that will include members of the Medical Students with Disability and Chronic Illness group, at 5:30 p.m. April 15 in Room 308 of the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge. The debut gathering, sponsored by the Office of Faculty Development and […]Continue Reading ...
Mar 25 2019 Cardiff University is stepping up the development of new drugs for mental health and central nervous system conditions, with the launch of the Medicines Discovery Institute. Focusing on areas of unmet clinical need, the new institute will develop novel medications to improve the lives of people across the world. Part funded by […]Continue Reading ...
A new research and cooperation program has been launched, that will provide knowledge about sexual harassment in academia – and lead to research-based improvements. The initiative is led by KI jointly with KTH and Malmö University. The launch was introduced by the Minister for Higher Education and Research, Matilda Ernkrans, who, during her speech, said […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers at Rice University have proposed a new approach to understanding how to prescribe antibiotics in a way that will help to curb antibiotic resistance. Shutterstock | Kateryna Kon Currently, a course of antibiotics does not necessarily eradicate all of the bacteria infecting a patient and any remaining bacteria can be especially effective at timing […]Continue Reading ...
In just two months, Stanford will welcome academics, industry professionals and big data enthusiasts to its seventh annual Big Data in Precision Health conference. The conference will be held May 22-23 at the Stanford University School of Medicine. It will showcase advances in precision health — a personalized approach that stresses predicting, preventing and treating […]Continue Reading ...
- Key research takeaways from ECCMID 2019
- AI Can Identify Model of Cardiac Rhythm Device From Chest X-Ray
- New way to combat childhood anxiety: treat the parents
- Women getting C-sections best judge of own pain medication needs | News Center
- Immune responses that prevent fungal infections may eliminate Trichinella spiralis
- Exercising in the morning, rather than at night, may yield better results, shows study
- Why eating ‘right’ could cause you to stray from your diet
- Health Tip: Antidepressant Precautions – Drugs.com MedNews
- Bigger portions lead to preschoolers eating more over time
- Specific strains of Staphylococcus aureus linked to wounds that do not heal
- Revolutionary discovery paves new way for treatment of necrotizing enterocolitis
- Drug that treats high blood pressure shows promise against neurodegenerative diseases
- More care is needed for patients after kidney transplantations, reports research
- Virtual reality offers benefits for Parkinson’s disease patients
- Liver Illness Strikes Latino Children Like A ‘Silent Tsunami’
- Disruptive behaviors in autistic children linked to reduced brain connectivity
- New insights into how vitamin D affects immune system
- Pfizer Announces Presentation of Data from a Phase 2 Study of its 20-Valent Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine Candidate Being Investigated for the Prevention of Invasive Disease and Pneumonia in Adults Aged 18 Years and Older
- Exercise can improve non-motor symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- KZFPs play a key role in the regulation of human genome