— Many women have nausea during the first trimester of pregnancy, sometimes called morning sickness. Symptoms tend to ease as the pregnancy progresses.
The American Pregnancy Association suggests how to help manage morning sickness:
- Eat non-spicy foods rich in vitamin B6, including wholegrain wheat and other cereals, seeds and nuts, fruits such as bananas or papayas, fish and lean meats.
- In the morning, allow for plenty of time to get out of bed. Try to eat something as light as possible, such as crackers, first thing in the morning.
- During the day, eat a number of smaller meals, rather than larger ones.
- Drink fluids 30 minutes before eating, rather than during meals.
- Avoid foods or smells that make your nausea worse.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Avoid spicy, greasy foods.
© 2018 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Posted: November 2018