BEDMINSTER, N.J., March 27, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Matinas BioPharma Holdings, Inc. (NYSE MKT:MTNB), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical corporate enthusiastic about creating cutting edge anti-infectives for orphan indications, these days reported sure topline information from its Segment 1 single-ascending dose find out about of MAT2501 in wholesome volunteers. MAT2501 is Matinas BioPharma’s orally-administered method of the […]Continue Reading ...
Basel, March 22, 2017 – Novartis lately introduced effects from the worldwide Section III RELAX-AHF-2 learn about investigating the efficacy, protection and tolerability of RLX030 (serelaxin) in sufferers with acute center failure (AHF). RELAX-AHF-2 didn’t meet its number one endpoints of aid in cardiovascular loss of life thru Day 180 or decreased worsening center failure […]Continue Reading ...
March 27, 2017 at nine:01 PM A learn about of racial disparities in health-related high quality of lifetime of colorectal most cancers sufferers published amongst a number of findings, that Hispanics and blacks had a better burden of deficient health-related quality-of-life (HR-QoL) than white sufferers and that deficient HR-QoL led to shorter median survival. But […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, March 27, 2017 — Other folks improving from illicit drug abuse are much more likely to achieve success if they do not smoke cigarettes, a brand new learn about unearths. Maximum illicit drug customers additionally smoke cigarettes, however many substance abuse methods don’t come with remedy for nicotine dependence, the learn about authors stated. […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, March 27, 2017 — Automatic exterior defibrillators in faculties save lives, however handiest about one-third of U.S. states require the gadgets in a minimum of some faculties, a brand new learn about finds. As of February 2016, researchers discovered that 33 states had no regulation requiring automated exterior defibrillators (AEDs) in faculties. The transportable […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, March 27, 2017 — Sufferers who take positive heartburn medicines could also be much more likely to endure recurrent bouts of a commonplace “superbug” an infection, a brand new find out about suggests. Proton pump inhibitors, reminiscent of Prilosec, Prevacid and Nexium, or so-called H2 blockers, reminiscent of Zantac, Pepcid and Tagamet, had been […]Continue Reading ...
About 12 p.c of sufferers present process aortic valve alternative evolved non-symptomatic blood clots across the valve leaflets (referred to as subclinical leaflet thrombosis) that decreased the movement of the valves, in line with an observational find out about introduced on the American Faculty of Cardiology’s 66th Annual Medical Consultation. The find out about is […]Continue Reading ...
Professor Rachelle Gaudet is the co-author of a brand new learn about on aural mechanics that identifies the proteins concerned about changing the mechanical motion of internal ear filaments —referred to as tip hyperlinks — into neural indicators that the mind can perceive. Credit score: Jon Chase At their most simple, the sounds that encompass […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: Cristie Guevara/public area Video video games and “mind practising” packages are more and more touted as an efficient remedy for despair. A brand new UC Davis find out about carries it a step additional, even though, discovering that once the online game customers had been messaged reminders, they performed the sport extra ceaselessly […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, March 27, 2017 — Giving extra intravenous (IV) fluids to ladies all over childbirth turns out to cut back the danger of cesarean part and shortens exertions, researchers record. “The effects are compelling and strongly argue for a metamorphosis in apply,” stated find out about creator Dr. Vincenzo Berghella, director of maternal fetal medication […]Continue Reading ...
A learn about in Neurology means that inspecting ranges of the protein p75ECD in urine samples from folks with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) would possibly assist observe illness development in addition to resolve the effectiveness of remedies. The learn about was once supported by way of Nationwide Institute of Neurological Issues and Stroke (NINDS) and […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, March 27, 2017 — The speed of paid clinical malpractice claims in america has declined considerably, losing just about 56 p.c between 1992 and 2014, researchers document. On the similar time, the typical payout for a hit malpractice claims rose about 23 p.c — topping $353,000 in 2009-2014, up from about $287,000 all the […]Continue Reading ...
FRIDAY, March 24, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — In case you are keen to economize whilst consuming proper, stick on the subject of your personal kitchen, researchers say. “Widespread consuming out was once related to decrease vitamin high quality, extra ’empty energy’ and better vitamin prices” in comparison to domestic cooking, mentioned learn about creator Adam […]Continue Reading ...
DNA profiles can disclose a variety of information about folks, or even about their members of the family. There are rules in position that keep an eye on the industry of gene information, which has turn out to be a lot more practical and less expensive to investigate lately. Alternatively, those rules don’t practice to […]Continue Reading ...
SUNDAY, March 26, 2017 — Decreasing your salt consumption may just imply fewer journeys to the toilet in the course of the evening, a brand new find out about suggests. The general public over age 60, and lots of even more youthful, get up to pee a number of occasions an evening. This is known […]Continue Reading ...
- Juul Drawing Lots of Teen Followers on Twitter
- WHO says Zika risk low in Pacific ahead of Meghan visit
- A deeper look at ‘Reflecting Frankenstein’
- Breastfeeding can have protective affect against high blood pressure in women, confirms study
- Epigenetic modifications may contribute to Alzheimer’s Disease
- Volunteering for peer counseling programs benefits people with lupus
- Cancer treatment may undergo a paradigm shift to immunotherapy soon
- Study uncovers new mechanism of action in a first-line drug for diabetes
- New type of molecule shows early promise against treatment-resistant prostate cancer
- Lancet publishes pioneering study of Aimovig’s efficacy in episodic migraine patients
- Scientists grow functioning human neural networks in 3D from stem cells
- Using mushrooms as a prebiotic may help improve glucose regulation
- New ENT clinic treats children in Zimbabwe
- CUIMC Celebrates 2018-2019, Issue 2
- Immunotherapy is better than chemotherapy as first-line treatment for advanced head and neck cancer
- Polyganics begins first-in-human clinical trial of LIQOSEAL for reducing CSF leakage
- Gut bacterial community of healthy adults recovers after short-term exposure to broad-spectrum antibiotics
- Lowering systolic blood pressure does not damage the kidneys, shows study
- Incyte Announces Positive Data from Phase 2b Trial of Ruxolitinib Cream in Patients with Atopic Dermatitis
- Cardiovascular admissions more common among most deprived