Long thought to suppress cancer by slowing cellular metabolism, the protein complex AMPK also seemed to help some tumors grow, confounding researchers. Now, Salk Institute researchers have solved the long-standing mystery around why AMPK can both hinder and help cancer. The lab of Salk Professor Reuben Shaw showed that late-stage cancers can trigger AMPK’s cellular […]Continue Reading ...
June 18, 2018 Scientists report finding a potentially promising treatment target for aggressive and deadly high-grade brain cancers like glioblastoma. But they also say the current lack of a drug that hits the molecular target keeps it from being advanced for testing as a therapeutic strategy for patients with few treatment options. Publishing their data […]Continue Reading ...
Researchers from the Turku Centre for Biotechnology (BTK) in Finland have came upon cell gasoline sensor, recognized to regulate power processes within the cells, is concerned within the law of the touch of cells with their surrounding atmosphere. This surprising hyperlink may lend a hand scientists higher perceive life-threatening illnesses, reminiscent of most cancers and […]Continue Reading ...
- Targeting biochemical pathway may lead to new therapies for alleviating symptoms of anxiety disorders
- FDA Approves Tolsura (SUBA®-itraconazole capsules) for the Treatment of Certain Fungal Infections
- Are scientists studying the wrong kind of mice?
- Computer memory: A scientific team builds a virtual model of a key brain region
- Visual inspection alone is insufficient to diagnose skin cancer
- Paternal grandfather’s access to food associated with grandson’s mortality risk
- Our brain senses angry voices in a flash, study shows
- PM2.5 Exposure Linked to Asthma Rescue Medication Use
- Can’t exercise? A hot bath may help improve inflammation, metabolism, study suggests
- Can artificial intelligence help doctors with the human side of medicine?
- Virginia Tech and UC San Diego researchers team up to develop nonopioid drug for chronic pain
- NIH offers support for HIV care and prevention research in the southern United States
- Activating brain region could revive the urge to socialize among opioid addicts
- Relationship impairment appears to interfere with seeking mental health treatment in men
- Sleep, Don’t Cram, Before Finals for Better Grades
- Effective treatments for urticarial vasculitis
- Gun violence is a public health issue: One physician’s story
- The Science of Healthy Aging
- Yes to yoghurt and cheese: New improved Mediterranean diet
- Researchers uncover a number of previously unknown insecticide resistance mechanisms