June 11, 2018 Eating a vegetarian or primarily plant-based diet is associated with a variety of health benefits. But simply being vegetarian is not enough to reap those benefits-;the quality of the food matters, too. The Nutrition 2018 meeting will feature new research into the health impacts of eating a plant-based diet and how dietary […]Continue Reading ...
June 7, 2018 California legalized marijuana in 2016, and this past New Year’s Eve eager customers lined up in the darkness outside medical marijuana dispensaries across the state, ready to start shopping at the stroke of midnight. The effect has gone beyond the cannabis cash register. Everyone has seen the ads or heard the chatter […]Continue Reading ...
A new study examines the effectiveness of the ScreenQ, a measure of screen-based media use in children. Findings from the study will be presented during the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) 2018 Meeting. “In a single generation, the explosion of screen-based media has transformed the experience of childhood, from TV and videos, to an unlimited range […]Continue Reading ...
April 12, 2018 It’s a simple idea: Pair the control of a neglected tropical disease with a more prominent disease that afflict the same populations to reduce morbidity and mortality. The approach could be a win-win, but for public health officials, having evidence to support implementation of an integrated approach is vital. “The information to […]Continue Reading ...
Using cell-based models of cigarette smoke exposure, researchers show how smoking alters gene expression over time to prime lung cells to develop cancer.Continue Reading ...
August 24, 2017 The rising visibility of charcoal and charcoal-based dentifrices, together with many which are presented on the market at the Web, raises questions in regards to the re-emerging follow of brushing tooth with merchandise containing charcoal. A literature overview within the Magazine of the American Dental Affiliation (JADA) via researchers on the College […]Continue Reading ...
August 11, 2017 Faculty-based intellectual fitness applications can achieve huge numbers of youngsters, with expanding proof of effectiveness in bettering intellectual fitness and comparable results, in line with a analysis evaluate within the September/October factor of the Harvard Evaluation of Psychiatry. The magazine is printed by means of Wolters Kluwer. “This evaluate supplies proof that […]Continue Reading ...
August 7, 2017 The World Society for Magnetic Resonance in Drugs (ISMRM) has equipped new steerage in using distinction brokers throughout MRI scans. Rising analysis suggests gadolinium-based distinction brokers, injected in a affected person’s veins to decorate tissues in MRI pictures, acquire within the mind. Greater than 300 million doses of such medication had been […]Continue Reading ...
May 14, 2018 A new study by CU School of Medicine researchers has determined that choices of protein intake from solid foods have a significant impact on infant growth during the first year of life. The study tested whether dairy-based or meat-based protein in an infant’s diet contributed to growth and weight gain. Sixty-four formula-fed […]Continue Reading ...
May 10, 2018 Insilico Medicine, a Baltimore-based next-generation artificial intelligence company specializing in the application of deep learning for target identification, drug discovery and aging research announces the publication of a new research paper in Molecular Pharmaceutics journal titled “Adversarial Threshold Neural Computer for Molecular De Novo Design”. The described Adversarial Threshold Neural Computer (ATNC) […]Continue Reading ...
April 13, 2018 Patients with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) who participated in a web-based lifestyle modification intervention achieved similar levels of weight loss and more rapid normalization of their liver enzymes than patients who participated in an intensive, group-based program. The results of this Italian study, which were presented today at The International Liver […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—Telehealth-enabled family-based remedy (FBT) for children with anorexia nervosa is each possible and efficient, in step with a learn about revealed on-line Aug. 11 within the Global Magazine of Consuming Problems. Kristen E. Anderson, M.S.W., from the Chicago Middle for Proof Based totally Remedy, and co-workers evaluated FBT by the use of telehealth for 10 […]Continue Reading ...
August 11, 2017 Plant-based consuming patterns proceed to jump in reputation and a gaggle of diet researchers define the science at the back of this sustainable development in a overview paper, entitled “Cardiometabolic advantages of plant-based diets,” which seems as an internet advance within the Aug. nine, 2017, version of Vitamins. The overview outlines how […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly 26, 2017 OGT’s distinctive hybridization experience takes researchers from pattern to sequencer in one day Oxford Gene Generation (OGT), The Molecular Genetics Corporate, has made a number of advances in hybridization-based goal enrichment protocols that now permit researchers to arrange samples for sequencing in simply someday. Researchers can now get right of entry […]Continue Reading ...
July 27, 2017 Researchers at Jefferson’s Maternal Habit Remedy Training & Analysis (MATER) program discovered important development within the high quality of parenting amongst moms who participated in a trauma-informed, mindfulness-based parenting intervention whilst additionally in medication-assisted remedy for opioid use dysfunction. Result of the find out about, the primary to scientifically take a look […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers uncover potential clue to halt destruction of nerve cells in people with ALS
- Study uncovers reasons for poor mental health in bisexual people
- Screenings, interventions, and referrals can help adolescents overcome substance abuse
- Febrile seizures following vaccination are self-resolving and not dangerous
- Flow-UV inline UV-Visible spectrometer monitors dispersion in real time
- Rates of Marijuana Use in Cancer Patients on the Rise in U.S.
- Versatile drug may protect baby from hazards of intraamniotic infections
- Financial transparency may diminish trust in doctors, new study finds
- Calling all Riders: Velocity Extends Free Registration
- The Homeless Are Dying In Record Numbers On The Streets Of L.A.
- Simple mobility test helps predict hospital readmission in elderly heart attack patients
- Novel fluorescence imaging system helps surgeons remove small ovarian tumors
- Uncovering the Structure of HIV Integrase to Inform Drug Discovery
- Medical Marijuana Use Rising Among Cancer Patients
- Artificial intelligence approach optimizes embryo selection for IVF
- Doctor or detective? Sleuthing mysteries in medical school
- CUIMC Community Gives Blood During Spring 2019 Columbia University Blood Drive
- Americans Overwhelmingly Want Federal Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
- Making Laboratories More Efficient with the Most Modern LIMS on the Market
- Treating cancer patients with personalized, combination therapies improves outcomes