TUESDAY, Nov. 27, 2018 — A higher amount of screen time per day is associated with decreased psychological well-being in children and adolescents, according to a study published in the December issue of Preventive Medicine Reports. Jean M. Twenge, Ph.D., from San Diego State University, and W. Keith Campbell, Ph.D., from the University of Georgia […]Continue Reading ...
A new study by researchers from the University of Turku, Finland and the University of Skövde, Sweden shows that people with more peace of mind in the waking state have more positive dreams, whereas those with more anxiety in the waking state have more negative dreams. This means that dream experiences, as revealed in recalled […]Continue Reading ...
June 27, 2018 As the White House faces court orders to reunite families separated at the border, immigrant children as young as 3 are being ordered into court for their own deportation proceedings, according to attorneys in Texas, California and Washington, D.C. Requiring unaccompanied minors to go through deportation alone is not a new practice. […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, May 23, 2018 — Twelve county-level factors, including social and economic, clinical care, and physical environment, explain the majority of variation in resident well-being in the United States, according to a study published online May 23 in PLOS ONE. Brita Roy, M.D., M.P.H., from Yale University in New Haven, Conn., and colleagues assessed county […]Continue Reading ...
March 29, 2018 Physician burnout continues to be a pervasive issue, with more than 50 percent of doctors reporting problems such as dissatisfaction, high rates of depression, and increased suicide risk. To address it, the Collaborative for Healing and Renewal in Medicine–a group of medical educators, academic leaders, and wellness research experts from across the […]Continue Reading ...
Neighborhood Well being Methods, Inc. introduced lately that subsidiaries of the Corporate have finished the divestiture of 5 Pennsylvania hospitals and their related property to subsidiaries of Studying Well being Machine.Continue Reading ...
METTLER TOLEDO’s Rainin pipettes and TerraRack pipette tip racks are serving to Paw Print Genetics in Spokane, USA, to provide a dog provider screening provider, enabling canine breeders to verify the well being in their animals.Continue Reading ...
September 30, 2017 Well being and Human Products and services Secretary Tom Worth resigned Friday, amid controversy over his use of personal jets for legit and private industry. He promised an afternoon previous to pay again probably the most $400,000 spent on the ones flights, however the be offering got here too overdue for the […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, Aug. 15, 2018 — Many Americans aged 35 and older are not being assessed for depression, according to a study recently published in the Journal of the American Board of Family Medicine. Elisabeth Kato, M.D., from the Agedncy for Healthcare Research and Quality in Rockville, Md., and colleagues used a nationally representative survey to […]Continue Reading ...
June 5, 2018 SmokeFreeBrain brings together experts in toxicology, pulmonary medicine, neuroscience, and behavioral therapy, as well as health economics and health informatics. They are examining the effectiveness of anti-smoking strategies aimed at high-risk groups in high-middle-income countries, such as unemployed adults, people with chronic pulmonary disease and asthma patients – as well as the […]Continue Reading ...
May 9, 2018 Lucy Tomlinson, Workplace Health Activator for Kent Sport and Physical Activity Service opens a new break-out room for local company, Bedfont Scientific Ltd. Amidst increasing concerns after the push from The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry for the Heads Together campaign, mental health and well-being at work has come […]Continue Reading ...
— Being diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease can be a scary experience. But getting enough information and support can help you conquer this difficult process. The National Institute on Aging suggests: Learn as much as possible about the disease. Schedule and keep regular medical appointments. Explore local support groups. Prepare for the future with legal, financial […]Continue Reading ...
METTLER TOLEDO’s Rainin pipettes and TerraRack pipette tip racks are serving to Paw Print Genetics in Spokane, USA, to supply a dog service screening carrier, enabling canine breeders to verify the well being in their animals.Continue Reading ...
September 30, 2017 As predicted, the last-ditch GOP effort to “repeal and change” the Inexpensive Care Act ended the way in which its predecessors did this week — in failure. With a Saturday middle of the night time limit speedy drawing near, Sens. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Invoice Cassidy (R-L. a..) conceded Tuesday that they […]Continue Reading ...
Listed here are one of the crucial newest well being and clinical information tendencies, compiled through the editors of HealthDay: Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus Identified With Breast Most cancers Actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus has breast most cancers. Louis-Dreyfus, who stars in “Veep” and was once a key member of “Seinfeld,” printed her prognosis Thursday on social media. […]Continue Reading ...
- Risk Analysis publishes special issue on communicating about Zika virus
- Botox May Help Prevent Post-Op A-Fib
- African-American mothers rate boys higher for ADHD
- Graphic warning labels cancel out cigarettes’ appeal to young people
- Australian researchers to study gas inhalational anaesthetic and likelihood of cancer return
- Individual neurons located within the brain have implications for psychiatric diseases
- Researchers improve bariatric surgery scoring system to extend prediction time for diabetic remission
- Combo therapy not needed if low RA disease activity achieved
- Novel therapeutic targets based on biology of aging show promise for Alzheimer’s disease
- UC San Diego professor receives NCI Outstanding Investigator Award for cancer research
- Study evaluates placental mesenchymal stem cell sheets for myocardial repair and regeneration
- Blueprint Medicines Announces Updated Results from Ongoing EXPLORER Clinical Trial of Avapritinib Demonstrating Broad Clinical Activity and Significant Symptom Reductions in Patients with Systemic Mastocytosis
- Study clarifies ApoE4’s role in dementia
- Eating disorders now a top priority with Australian Government
- Neuronal activity in the brain allows prediction of risky or safe decisions
- FDA Alerts Health Care Professionals and Patients Not to Use Drug Products Intended to be Sterile from Promise Pharmacy
- Improving dementia care and treatment saves thousands of pounds in care homes
- Heroin-assisted treatment can offer benefits, reduce harms
- People covered by Michigan’s expanded Medicaid program report improvements in health, finds study
- Hazelnuts improve micronutrient levels in older adults