People who are bullied at work or experience violence at work are at higher risk of heart and brain blood vessel problems, including heart attacks and stroke, according to the largest prospective study to investigate the link, which is published in the European Heart Journal today (Monday). Although the study is observational and, therefore, cannot […]Continue Reading ...
A new study finds that bias-based bullying does more harm to students than generalized bullying, particularly for students who are targeted because of multiple identities, such as race and gender. What’s more, the study finds that efforts to mitigate these harms are less effective against bias-based bullying. “Bias-based bullying is when children are bullied because […]Continue Reading ...
— As the college yr begins, it’s important for folks to acknowledge the indicators of bullying. Stopbullying.gov gives those ideas for folks with school-age youngsters: Acknowledge thewarning signsthat your kid is excited about bullying.Whether or not your kid is being bullied or is bullying, you need to talk about the problem along with your kid. […]Continue Reading ...
March 10, 2017 Being bullied right through adolescence would possibly have lifelong well being results associated with power pressure exposure–including an larger chance for center illness and diabetes in maturity, in line with a examine assessment within the March/April factor of the Harvard Assessment of Psychiatry. The magazine is revealed by way of Wolters Kluwer. […]Continue Reading ...
April 29, 2017 Children who’re concerned about bullying–victims and perpetrators alike–are much more likely to mention they’d need to go through plastic surgery to be extra sexy or repair perceived flaws, stories a find out about within the Would possibly factor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical treatment, the authentic scientific magazine of the American Society […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, July 6, 2017 — Bullying can include a hefty hidden price for U.S. colleges, a brand new find out about reveals. California loses about $276 million each and every yr in attendance-based public college investment as a result of bullied youngsters are too afraid to visit college, researchers document. Knowledge printed that 10 % […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: Affiliation for Mental Science Formative years bullying would possibly result in long-lasting well being penalties, impacting psychosocial chance components for cardiovascular well being neatly into maturity, in keeping with a learn about printed in Mental Science, a magazine of the Affiliation for Mental Science. The original learn about tracked a various staff of […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Would possibly 1, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — The long-feared, lunch-money-stealing schoolyard bully might quickly be a factor of the previous, a brand new research suggests. The research stems from an ongoing survey performed from 2005 to 2014 that discovered bullying has been on a decade-long downswing. General, virtually 250,000 scholars, attending 109 other fundamental, […]Continue Reading ...
Around one in three lesbian, gay and bisexual individuals who are bullied at school will have similar experiences in the workplace later in life, according to new research by Anglia Ruskin University. The study, published in the Manchester School journal, approached 400 LGB individuals retrospectively about their experience at school, and also asked them about […]Continue Reading ...
Might nine, 2017 Youth bullying might result in long-lasting fitness penalties, impacting psychosocial possibility components for cardiovascular fitness smartly into maturity, consistent with a find out about printed in Mental Science, a magazine of the Affiliation for Mental Science. The original find out about tracked a various team of over 300 American males from first […]Continue Reading ...
April 27, 2017 Faculty bullies and their sufferers are much more likely to need plastic surgery, in keeping with new analysis by way of the College of Warwick. Professor Dieter Wolke – and associates within the Division of Psychology and Warwick Scientific Faculty – have came upon that youngsters who’re suffering from bullying in anyway […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, July 6, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Bullying can include a hefty hidden price for U.S. colleges, a brand new find out about unearths. California loses about $276 million each and every yr in attendance-based public faculty investment as a result of bullied youngsters are too afraid to visit faculty, researchers record. Information printed that […]Continue Reading ...
School rooms that inspire festival between scholars would possibly inadvertently be developing settings the place bullying is much more likely to happen. That is some of the conclusions that may be drawn from paintings led by way of McGill College researchers Maria Di Stasio and Robert Savage, who just lately printed a paper at the […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly nine, 2017 Adolescence bullying would possibly result in long-lasting fitness penalties, impacting psychosocial chance elements for cardiovascular fitness smartly into maturity, in line with a find out about revealed in Mental Science, a magazine of the Affiliation for Mental Science. The original find out about tracked a various crew of over 300 American […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, Would possibly 1, 2017 — The long-feared, lunch-money-stealing schoolyard bully might quickly be a factor of the previous, a brand new research suggests. The research stems from an ongoing survey carried out from 2005 to 2014 that discovered bullying has been on a decade-long downswing. General, nearly 250,000 scholars, attending 109 other basic, heart […]Continue Reading ...
- Blueprint Medicines Announces Updated Results from Ongoing EXPLORER Clinical Trial of Avapritinib Demonstrating Broad Clinical Activity and Significant Symptom Reductions in Patients with Systemic Mastocytosis
- Study clarifies ApoE4’s role in dementia
- Neuronal activity in the brain allows prediction of risky or safe decisions
- FDA Alerts Health Care Professionals and Patients Not to Use Drug Products Intended to be Sterile from Promise Pharmacy
- Improving dementia care and treatment saves thousands of pounds in care homes
- Heroin-assisted treatment can offer benefits, reduce harms
- People covered by Michigan’s expanded Medicaid program report improvements in health, finds study
- Hazelnuts improve micronutrient levels in older adults
- History of Partner Violence Tied to Menopause Symptoms
- Clean Up Safely After a Disaster|Natural Disasters and Severe Weather
- Drug wholesalers drove fentanyl’s deadly rise, report concludes
- Deprescribing could help manage polypharmacy in older adults
- Retraction of article “Joy of cooking too much” from journal
- FDA Warns of Rare Stroke Risk With MS Drug Lemtrada (Alemtuzumab)
- Feds say heroin, fentanyl remain biggest drug threat to US
- Eliminating microglia can reverse some aspects of stress sensitization, study shows
- New genetic insight could help treat rare debilitating heart and lung condition
- MiRagen Therapeutics Announces Final Safety, Biodistribution and Clinical Efficacy Data From Phase 1 Cobomarsen Clinical Trial in Patients With Mycosis Fungoides
- Work with your doctor to weigh pros, cons of treatment options for hyperthyroidism
- CWRU researcher secures $14.6 million funding for genetic study into Alzheimer’s disease