Nearly 1 in 5 fifth-graders has received violent injuries, the majority delivered by guns or knives, according to recently published research by The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). The study, published in the Journal of Adolescent Health, analyzed data from 4,300 children when they were in fifth, seventh, and 10th grades […]Continue Reading ...
People who ever suffered bullying or sexual abuse have a lower quality of life similar to those living with chronic conditions like heart disease, diabetes, depression or severe anxiety, a new study from the University of Adelaide has found. They are also far more likely to display harmful behaviors like smoking dependence and binge eating. […]Continue Reading ...
A new study finds that bias-based bullying does more harm to students than generalized bullying, particularly for students who are targeted because of multiple identities, such as race and gender. What’s more, the study finds that efforts to mitigate these harms are less effective against bias-based bullying. “Bias-based bullying is when children are bullied because […]Continue Reading ...
— As the college yr begins, it’s important for folks to acknowledge the indicators of bullying. Stopbullying.gov gives those ideas for folks with school-age youngsters: Acknowledge thewarning signsthat your kid is excited about bullying.Whether or not your kid is being bullied or is bullying, you need to talk about the problem along with your kid. […]Continue Reading ...
March 10, 2017 Being bullied right through adolescence would possibly have lifelong well being results associated with power pressure exposure–including an larger chance for center illness and diabetes in maturity, in line with a examine assessment within the March/April factor of the Harvard Assessment of Psychiatry. The magazine is revealed by way of Wolters Kluwer. […]Continue Reading ...
April 29, 2017 Children who’re concerned about bullying–victims and perpetrators alike–are much more likely to mention they’d need to go through plastic surgery to be extra sexy or repair perceived flaws, stories a find out about within the Would possibly factor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgical treatment, the authentic scientific magazine of the American Society […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, July 6, 2017 — Bullying can include a hefty hidden price for U.S. colleges, a brand new find out about reveals. California loses about $276 million each and every yr in attendance-based public college investment as a result of bullied youngsters are too afraid to visit college, researchers document. Knowledge printed that 10 % […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: Affiliation for Mental Science Formative years bullying would possibly result in long-lasting well being penalties, impacting psychosocial chance components for cardiovascular well being neatly into maturity, in keeping with a learn about printed in Mental Science, a magazine of the Affiliation for Mental Science. The original learn about tracked a various staff of […]Continue Reading ...
People who are bullied at work or experience violence at work are at higher risk of heart and brain blood vessel problems, including heart attacks and stroke, according to the largest prospective study to investigate the link, which is published in the European Heart Journal today (Monday). Although the study is observational and, therefore, cannot […]Continue Reading ...
Around one in three lesbian, gay and bisexual individuals who are bullied at school will have similar experiences in the workplace later in life, according to new research by Anglia Ruskin University. The study, published in the Manchester School journal, approached 400 LGB individuals retrospectively about their experience at school, and also asked them about […]Continue Reading ...
Might nine, 2017 Youth bullying might result in long-lasting fitness penalties, impacting psychosocial possibility components for cardiovascular fitness smartly into maturity, consistent with a find out about printed in Mental Science, a magazine of the Affiliation for Mental Science. The original find out about tracked a various team of over 300 American males from first […]Continue Reading ...
April 27, 2017 Faculty bullies and their sufferers are much more likely to need plastic surgery, in keeping with new analysis by way of the College of Warwick. Professor Dieter Wolke – and associates within the Division of Psychology and Warwick Scientific Faculty – have came upon that youngsters who’re suffering from bullying in anyway […]Continue Reading ...
THURSDAY, July 6, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — Bullying can include a hefty hidden price for U.S. colleges, a brand new find out about unearths. California loses about $276 million each and every yr in attendance-based public faculty investment as a result of bullied youngsters are too afraid to visit faculty, researchers record. Information printed that […]Continue Reading ...
School rooms that inspire festival between scholars would possibly inadvertently be developing settings the place bullying is much more likely to happen. That is some of the conclusions that may be drawn from paintings led by way of McGill College researchers Maria Di Stasio and Robert Savage, who just lately printed a paper at the […]Continue Reading ...
Would possibly nine, 2017 Adolescence bullying would possibly result in long-lasting fitness penalties, impacting psychosocial chance elements for cardiovascular fitness smartly into maturity, in line with a find out about revealed in Mental Science, a magazine of the Affiliation for Mental Science. The original find out about tracked a various crew of over 300 American […]Continue Reading ...
- Self-reported sleep duration is a useful tool to measure sleep in children, study suggests
- T-cells play key role in how the body fights follicular lymphoma
- Study shows how 3D organization of genetic material helps perpetuate the species
- Researchers engineer stem cell with ‘suicide genes’ to induce cell death in all but beta cells
- Health Tip: Get Your Child to School on Time
- Shortcut strategy for screening compounds with clinical potentials for drug development
- Common acid reflux drugs tied to elevated risk for kidney disease
- Microbiome could be culprit when good drugs do harm
- Prenatal exposure to forest fires causes stunted growth in children
- Gene therapy restores hearing in mice with congenital genetic deafness
- First molecular test predicts treatment response for kidney cancer
- New method for improved visualization of single-cell RNA- sequencing data
- Researchers capture altered brain activity patterns of Parkinson’s in mice
- A possible blood test for detecting Alzheimer’s disease before symptoms show
- Primary care physicians associated with longevity, new research finds
- New study identifies many key lessons to establish sanctioned safe consumption sites
- Single CRISPR treatment can safely and stably correct genetic disease
- Multinational initiative to study familial primary distal renal tubular acidosis
- Breakthrough study highlights the promise of cell therapies for muscular dystrophy
- Subsymptom Threshold Exercise Speeds Concussion Recovery