Dec 4 2018 Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies announced today that Biosense Webster, Inc., a worldwide leader in the diagnosis and treatment of heart arrhythmias, has enrolled and treated the first patient in its STELLAR U.S. Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) study. The study will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of HELIOSTAR Multi-electrode Radiofrequency (RF) […]Continue Reading ...
Loyola Medicine is among two centers in the world offering a novel catheter ablation system intended to improve treatment outcomes for a life-threatening heart rhythm disorder called ventricular tachycardia (VT). VT can cause sudden death from cardiac arrest. A treatment called catheter ablation destroys heart tissue responsible for errant electrical signals that can trigger VT. […]Continue Reading ...
March 14, 2018 Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies announced today that Biosense Webster, Inc., a worldwide leader in the diagnosis and treatment of heart arrhythmias, has completed patient enrollment in its U.S. Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) study of the THERMOCOOL SMARTTOUCH® SF Catheter. The prospective, multicenter, non-randomized study of 367 patients is evaluating the […]Continue Reading ...
October 3, 2017 To win the battle against heart disease, cardiologists need better ways to identify the composition of plaque most likely to rupture and cause a heart attack. Angiography allows them to examine blood vessels for constricted regions by injecting them with a contrast agent before X-raying them. But because plaque does not always […]Continue Reading ...
A considerable build up in health facility catheter ablation procedures in america has been accompanied via a national build up in headaches associated with the procedures, researchers reported. Emerging volumes of catheter ablations for arrhythmias had been noticed for older sufferers and the ones with vital comorbidities all over a 14-year duration finishing in 2013. […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Notice that this learn about used to be printed as an summary and introduced at a convention. Those information and conclusions must be regarded as to be initial till printed in a peer-reviewed magazine. ORLANDO — For hemodialysis sufferers, use of an antimicrobial catheter finish cap outperformed a competing cap for an infection […]Continue Reading ...
Trans-catheter embolization Pulmonary AVMs are typically first identified on CT scans. Interventional radiologists will use trans-catheter embolization to treat these AVMs. First, a tiny cut is made in the skin near the groin. A needle is then used to gain access to the large vein in the groin. Once the radiologist gains access, a catheter […]Continue Reading ...
March 15, 2018 Multicenter Study to Evaluate Balloon Ablation Catheter for Safety and Effectiveness in Achieving Pulmonary Vein Isolation in Treatment of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies announced today that Biosense Webster, Inc., a worldwide leader in the diagnosis and treatment of heart arrhythmias, enrolled and treated the first patient in […]Continue Reading ...
In a wholesome middle, the guts’s electric verbal exchange machine is environment friendly and efficient. Throughout atrial traumatic inflammation, the guts’s electric cells are misfiring, which will build up the danger of stroke, blood clots, and middle failure. Catheter ablation is the process to spoil the misfiring middle cells and fortify the guts’s electric verbal […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues In sufferers with paroxysmal atrial traumatic inflammation (Afib), a unique temperature-sensing, saline-irrigated radiofrequency (RF) ablation catheter would possibly make pulmonary vein (PV) isolation quicker and tougher, in keeping with a small scientific feasibility find out about. Be aware that the length of fluoroscopy used to be shorter with the radical software in comparison […]Continue Reading ...
Catheter ablation for atrial traumatic inflammation is a process that comes to the usage of radiofrequency power to ruin spaces of middle tissue which are inflicting the center to overcome with an abnormal rhythm. Via destroying the tissue, indicators that made the pulse irregularly will have to now go back and forth via tissue that […]Continue Reading ...
- Liver Transplant Survival May Improve With Race Matching
- Study implicates hyperactive immune system in aging brain disorders
- Cancer Diagnosis May Quadruple Suicide Risk
- Parkinson’s disease experts devise a roadmap
- Research brings new hope to treating degenerative brain diseases
- Scientists pinpoint a set of molecules that wire the body weight center of the brain
- Researchers get close to developing elusive blood test for Alzheimer’s disease
- UCLA researchers demonstrate new technique to develop cancer-fighting T cells
- Researchers discover how cancer cells avoid genetic meltdown
- Exercise makes even the ‘still overweight’ healthier: study
- University of Utah to establish first-of-its-kind dark sky studies minor in the US
- School-based nutritional programs reduce student obesity
- Improved maternity care practices in the southern U.S. reduce racial inequities in breastfeeding
- New enzyme biomarker test indicates diseases and bacterial contamination
- Republican and Democratic governors have different visions to transform health care, say researchers
- Researchers discover that spin flips happen in only half a picosecond in the course of a chemical reaction
- Suicide Risk Up More Than Fourfold for Cancer Patients
- Doctors find 122 nails in Ethiopian’s stomach
- UV disinfection technology eliminates up to 97.7% of pathogens in operating rooms
- Researchers discover mechanism which drives leukemia cell growth