Complex biological systems can be described as a network of chemical processes that take place in molecules. The scientists of the “ChemLife” research initiative at the University of Konstanz are working together in an equally active network with dynamic interconnections – both subject-specific and interdisciplinary. Recent insights into DNA polymerases acquired through interdisciplinary cooperation between […]Continue Reading ...
A chemical that mimics sandalwood has been found to have the ability to stimulate hair growth among humans finds a new study. This brings hope for people losing hair worldwide. Researchers from Monasterium Laboratory, Münster, have expressed hope that this new chemical could treat hair loss effectively and are trying the drug for its effectiveness […]Continue Reading ...
It was morning in Khan Sheikhoun, a small rural town in the north of Syria. Residents went about their lives when up above jets crossed the skies. Suddenly, a deadly plume of sarin gas descended upon the people. The mortal cloud spread about six miles wide and asphyxiated more than 80 residents while injuring close […]Continue Reading ...
June 29, 2018 Every day we are exposed to low levels of hundreds of different manmade chemicals present for example in our food, consumer products and the air we breathe. Our environment too is exposed to a near-infinite number of chemical mixtures derived from numerous sources. However, current safety assessment practice is primarily based on […]Continue Reading ...
April 24, 2018 Five years ago, a team of University of California San Diego neurobiologists published surprising findings describing how rats’ brain cells adopted new chemical codes when subjected to significant changes in natural light exposure–much as humans suffer from “winter blues,” the type of depression known as seasonal affective disorder. A new study implicates […]Continue Reading ...
March 16, 2018 Results from a new study led by Boston Medical Center (BMC) indicate that, when performed appropriately, chemical peels can be a safe treatment option for people with darker skin. The findings, first published online in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, show that less than four percent of people with […]Continue Reading ...
September 27, 2017 Researchers at Portland State College discovered benzene and different doubtlessly cancer-causing chemical compounds within the vapor produced via butane hash oil, a hashish extract. Their be taught raises well being considerations about dabbing, or vaporizing hash oil – a convention this is rising in recognition, particularly in states that experience legalized clinical […]Continue Reading ...
September 11, 2017 Chemical compounds that would doubtlessly purpose bronchial asthma thru an immune response might be higher known with human cell- and computer-based take a look at strategies, in line with a brand new analysis paper co-authored by means of the Physicians Committee’s Kristie Sullivan, M.P.H., in Carried out In Vitro Toxicology. Chemical respiration […]Continue Reading ...
The chemical element sulfur is an important constituent in many pharmaceuticals and, consequently, it is desirable to be able to introduce sulfur-containing fragments efficiently in a broad range of chemical compounds. The Skrydstrup team provides an effective and safe way for introducing a small sulfur building block, which is generally difficult to work with, being […]Continue Reading ...
Scientists at the University of Bristol have demonstrated that resident artificial cells leave their protocell hosts when triggered by a chemical signal that causes them to behave antagonistically. The finding could help improve researchers’ understanding of how to design synthetic materials with life-like properties. Image Credit: Kateryna Kon / Shutterstock Living cells communicate and compete […]Continue Reading ...
May 8, 2018 Cancer drops sparse chemical hints of its presence early on, but unfortunately, many of them are in a class of biochemicals that could not be detected thoroughly, until now. Researchers at the Georgia Institute of Technology have engineered a chemical trap that exhaustively catches what are called glycoproteins, including minuscule traces that […]Continue Reading ...
3D chemical structure of bisphenol A. Credit: Edgar181 via Wikimedia Commons New research in mice provides an explanation for how exposure to the widely used chemical bisphenol A (BPA) during pregnancy, even at levels lower than the regulated “safe” human exposure level, can lead to altered brain development and behavior later in life. The research […]Continue Reading ...
Some chemical substances added to furnishings, electronics and a lot of different items to stop fires could have accidental developmental penalties for small children, in line with a pilot find out about launched as of late.Continue Reading ...
A diagram of the proposed AOP. Credit score: Physicians Committee for Accountable Medication Chemical compounds that might probably motive bronchial asthma thru an immune response may well be higher recognized with human cell- and computer-based check strategies, in keeping with a brand new analysis paper co-authored by way of the Physicians Committee’s Kristie Sullivan, M.P.H., […]Continue Reading ...
September 7, 2017 Kurt Lu, MD, assistant professor of dermatology at Case Western Reserve College Faculty of Drugs, has won a 5 12 months, $three.nine million grant from the Nationwide Institutes of Well being to amplify countermeasures in opposition to chemical threats, together with mustard gasoline and mustard-related compounds. The molecular motion of mustard on […]Continue Reading ...
- Income and wealth affect the mental health of Australians, study shows
- Patients with hypertension and psoriasis more often require cardiovascular interventions
- Leading hip-hop videos depict use of tobacco and marijuana products, study finds
- Dose Range of IV Ketamine for Adjunct Tx of Depression Tested
- Infants can distinguish between leaders and bullies, study finds
- Mad Cow disease found on Aberdeenshire farm
- Study identifies factors associated with prescription opioid misuse among students
- Scientists uncover key regulator of mTORC1 in cancer growth
- Pounds Regained After Weight-Loss Op Can Tell Your Doc a Lot
- Sending parents letters to fight childhood obesity doesn’t work
- Supervised aerobic exercise can support major depression treatment
- Mindfulness-based program effective for reducing stress in infertile women
- Molecule capable of halting and reverting neurodegeneration caused by Parkinson’s disease identified
- Midazolam-mediated alterations of PER2 expression may have functional consequences during myocardial ischemia
- Sweat bees are ideal for studying the genes underlying social behavior
- Weight loss success associated with brain areas involved in self-control
- KHN’s ‘What the Health?’ Republicans’ preexisting political problem
- Research provides a more complete picture of suffering caused by terrorist attacks
- Eradicating Helicobacter pylori infections may be a key treatment for Parkinson’s disease
- Breast Cancer as a Dynamic Disease