Credit: CC0 Public Domain Previous research published earlier this year in Nature Medicine involving University of Minnesota Medical School faculty Paul D. Robbins and Laura J. Niedernhofer and Mayo Clinic investigators James L. Kirkland and Tamara Tchkonia, showed it was possible to reduce the burden of damaged cells, termed senescent cells, and extend lifespan and […]Continue Reading ...
In Greek mythology, Zeus punishes the trickster Prometheus by chaining him to a rock and sending an eagle to eat a portion of his liver every day, in perpetuity. It was the right organ to target – the liver has the ability to regenerate itself, though not overnight nor for eternity. New research conducted by […]Continue Reading ...
Scientists have exposed a solution to ‘program’ immune cells to purpose much less injury to the frame, by way of tapping right into a ‘damaged’ chemical pathway in irritation.Continue Reading ...
By Dr Ananya Mandal, MD,August 14, 2018 A new study has found that elephants do not get cancers as frequently as other animals because of a special gene that they carry. Researchers led by Vincent J. Lynch, an evolutionary biologist at the University of Chicago said that their team found that the elephants carry this […]Continue Reading ...
— A damaged toe wishes analysis by means of a physician to decide the most productive remedy. Steered and correct first assist is essential to hurry therapeutic. The American Podiatric Clinical Affiliation suggests: Whilst you wait to peer the physician, follow ice for those who suspect your toe is damaged. Stay your foot increased. Keep […]Continue Reading ...
- Mayo clinic researchers discuss local case studies of leprosy
- Scientists demonstrate key role of salt in allergic immune reactions
- Experts propose revising the criteria for diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease
- The med student and the machine
- Hey, Hey! Ho, Ho! Is Striking For School Nurses The Way To Go?
- Latest research encourages children to move out and learn through physical activity
- Proper oral hygiene and regular visits to dentist can promote heart health
- New, versatile technique for remote control of transplanted cells in Parkinson’s
- Why melanoma tumors in the brain may be worse?
- New project aims to improve lung disease care in Appalachia
- Drug increases melanin production in some people with albinism
- Over 1 in 3 adults miss the mark on protein, finds study
- CymaBay Therapeutics Announces Seladelpar Granted Breakthrough Therapy Designation by the FDA for the Treatment of Primary Biliary Cholangitis
- A correlation between obesity and income has only developed in the past 30 years
- Baby, then work: An effort to help resident-parents in emergency medicine
- Heavy cigarette smoking could damage vision, say researchers
- Some drug combinations may be more effective than others for schizophrenic patients
- Combination of common antibiotics can eliminate multi-drug resistant E. coli
- New computational tool searches for factors that cause specific diseases
- New method to assess effectiveness of psychotherapies for social anxiety disorder