General Practitioners in England would soon prescribe a very low calorie diet (VLCD) for patients with type 2 diabetes in England as part of an attempt to reverse the increasingly growing numbers of the disease. Image Credit: Syda Productions / Shutterstock The VLCD is to comprise of food with 800 calories per day for three […]Continue Reading ...
By Dr Ananya Mandal, MDJune 6, 2018 Both sexually transmitted infections (STIs), syphilis and gonorrhoea, are on the rise in modern England, staging a comeback from the Victorian era. Over the past one year, there has been a 20 percent rise in the incidence of STIs. The rates of syphilis for example is on a […]Continue Reading ...
March 20, 2018 Public Health England has announced that Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) is now being used to identify different strains of tuberculosis (TB). This is the first time that WGS has been used as a diagnostic solution for managing a disease on this scale anywhere in the world. The technique, developed in conjunction with […]Continue Reading ...
Healthcare information breaches in England Aimie Chapple In keeping with Accenture’s survey of one,000 customers in England one-in-eight (13 in step with cent) have had their private scientific data stolen from generation techniques. Greater than part (68 in step with cent) of English customers stated they need to have a minimum of some involvement in […]Continue Reading ...
March 20, 2018 Genomics England adopts Edico Genome’s DRAGEN Bio-IT Platform to increase accuracy, consistency of next-generation sequencing analysis Today (8 January 2018) at the annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference, Edico Genome and Genomics England announced a new partnership to strengthen the accuracy and consistency of next-generation sequencing data analysis in Genomics England’s Rare Disease […]Continue Reading ...
Palliative and end-of-life care don’t seem to be being regarded as as core services and products by means of medical commissioning teams (CCGs) in some portions of England, with an unlimited level of variation throughout other services and products…Continue Reading ...
Healthcare knowledge breaches in England Aimie Chapple Consistent with Accenture’s survey of one,000 customers in England one-in-eight (13 in line with cent) have had their non-public scientific data stolen from era methods. Greater than part (68 in line with cent) of English customers mentioned they need to have a minimum of some involvement in retaining […]Continue Reading ...
- Researchers uncover biochemical pathway that may help identify drugs to treat Alzheimer’s
- Biologist uses new grant to find ways to eliminate schistosomiasis
- Bag-mask ventilation to help patients breathe during intubation prevents complications
- AbbVie Announces New Drug Application Accepted for Priority Review by FDA for Upadacitinib for Treatment of Moderate to Severe Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Nature versus nurture and addiction
- New website connects researchers with data experts, resources | News Center
- Today’s Concerns About Drug Prices Echo The Past
- CT and Doppler equipment have low accuracy in detecting cerebral vasospasm and ischemia
- Study finds out similarity in function between healthy retina cell and tumor cell
- CWRU awarded NIH grant to identify effective treatments for intimate partner violence
- Oncotype DX Not Cost-Effective for Low-Risk Breast Cancer
- Scientists discover new type of immune cells that are essential for forming heart valves
- Talk About Déjà Vu: Senators Set To Re-Enact Drug Price Hearing Of 60 Years Ago
- Genetic defect linked to pediatric liver disease identified
- New cellular atlas could provide a deeper insight into blinding diseases
- Growing number of cancer survivors, fewer providers point to challenge in meeting care needs
- Innovative compound offers a new therapeutic approach to treat multiple sclerosis
- $1.5 million grant to develop opioid treatment program for jail detainees
- FDA’s new proposed rule would update regulatory requirements for sunscreen products in the U.S
- Most Hip, Knee Replacements Last Decades, Study Finds