April 5, 2018 Like childhood cancers, early life epilepsies represent many rare disorders with diverse underlying causes. Unlike childhood cancers, little has changed in the outcomes of early life epilepsies in the past few decades, despite advances in diagnostic technologies and availability of new treatments. Following recommendations in the U.S., specialty treatment for early life […]Continue Reading ...
March 13, 2017 Regardless of development in figuring out the genetics of infrequent formative years epilepsies, the average grownup sorts of epilepsy have confirmed much less amenable to standard gene-discovery analyses. The Epi4K consortium of mavens, which incorporates teachers from Swansea College, made up our minds to evaluate the contribution of genome-wide ultra-rare genetic variation […]Continue Reading ...
- Malaria-causing parasite seeks refuge inside the liver to replicate and survive
- Slower rates of stimulation may be more effective in brain therapy, suggests research
- Study finds connection between one partner’s BMI and other spouse’s risk of developing diabetes
- Mapping the Genes Responsible for Pluripotency
- FDA Alert: Homeopathic Teething Drops, Nausea Drops, Intestinal Colic Drops, Stomach Calm, Expectorant Cough Syrup, Silver-Zinc Throat Spray, and Argentum Elixir by MBI Distributing: Recall
- Genetic fixer-uppers may predict bladder cancer prognosis
- Investigational technology could increase donor organ supply for lung transplants
- Prediabetic patients with OSA could lower their resting heart rates by using CPAP
- Schizophrenics’ blood samples feature genetic material from more types of microorganisms
- Subtle hearing deficits can change the brains of young people
- New study shows increased rates of hospitalization for suicide among youths
- Proportion of Drug-Intoxicated Organ Donors on the Rise in U.S.
- Using virtual biopsies to improve melanoma detection
- Compassion meditation training may increase brain’s resilience to suffering of other people
- New AAD PSA uses social media imagery to highlight tanning hazards
- Medicaid expansion linked to reduction in ICU utilization
- Proteins moderating nicotine dependence may help fat cells burn energy
- Researchers identify mechanisms that regulate mammary gland development
- ‘Low-Alcohol’ Booze Labels May Backfire
- New research shows that children with autism are able to create imaginary friends