A group of researchers affiliated to the University of São Paulo (USP) – campus Ribeirão Preto, Brazil, used big data tools such as data mining and network analysis to develop a method to help scientists and companies identify technological routes, trends and partnerships in any knowledge area. For this purpose, it collected information from patent […]Continue Reading ...
June 30, 2018 A research team found a novel function of fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2), a self-renewal factor for spermatogonial stem cell (SSC) which is the origin of the sperm production. Although it has demonstrated that both FGF2 and glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is indispensable for SSC self-renewal and survival in vitro, […]Continue Reading ...
FDA Approves Portola Pharmaceuticals’ Andexxa, First and Only Antidote for the Reversal of Factor Xa Inhibitors SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., May 03, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc. today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Andexxa [coagulation factor Xa (recombinant), inactivated-zhzo], the first and only antidote indicated for patients […]Continue Reading ...
What are Coagulation Factor Tests? Coagulation factors are proteins in the blood that help control bleeding. You have several different coagulation factors in your blood. When you get a cut or other injury that causes bleeding, your coagulation factors work together to form a blood clot. The clot stops you from losing too much blood. […]Continue Reading ...
Cambridge, Ma. – April 17, 2018 – Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG), the global biotechnology leader in rare disease, today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Vonvendi [von Willebrand factor (recombinant)], a recombinant von Willebrand factor (rVWF) treatment for perioperative management of bleeding in adults (age 18 and older) with […]Continue Reading ...
- Person’s sex hormones may play key role in trauma survival, finds study
- PTEN Genetic Test: MedlinePlus Lab Test Information
- Toxic metal pollution linked with development of autism spectrum disorder
- Calcified nodules in the retina increase risk for progression to late stages of AMD
- ZEISS teams up with arivis AG to offer complete 3D imaging solutions
- Georgia State professor receives $1.2 million grant to study how the brain controls eating behavior
- Specific bacterial toxins reduce number of cells suppressing immune response
- Review by ID physician improves outcomes for outpatient parenteral antimicrobial therapy
- Conditions that produce signs similar to arthritis
- AHA: Dapagliflozin Noninferior to Placebo for MACE in T2DM
- Surgery remains best treatment for appendicitis, Stanford study finds
- Researchers find no link between ‘allergy friendly’ dogs and lower risk of asthma
- Researchers elucidate new rules of connectivity of neurons in the neocortex
- Treating children with ‘bubble baby disease’
- Nexus announces availability of Arsenic Trioxide Injection in the US
- Researchers find metabolite shuttle between cells in the liver that may combat tissue fibrosis
- AHA: PTSD Common Among Those Who Suffer Tear in the Aorta’s Wall
- Many RA patients’ pain related to central nervous system
- Changes in Himalayan gut microbiomes linked to diet
- Inhibition of prostaglandin E2 enhances ability to combat infectious colitis