May 17, 2018 Can whole genome sequencing illustrate changes in drug susceptibility of gonorrhea to antimicrobials used for treatment and so help to define more effective treatment regimens? The first study of this kind within an international surveillance program for sexually transmitted infections shows distribution of drug-resistant gonorrhea strains across Europe. The study results are […]Continue Reading ...
May 16, 2018 The first European-wide genomic survey of gonorrhea has mapped antibiotic resistance in this sexually transmitted disease throughout the continent. Researchers at The Centre for Genomic Pathogen Surveillance (CGPS), the Wellcome Sanger Institute, European Centre for Disease Control, and their collaborators also showed that using DNA sequencing data they could accurately determine antibiotic […]Continue Reading ...
March 30, 2018 Every year, more than 100 million people worldwide develop the sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea, with health consequences such as infertility, transmission of the disease to newborn babies, and increased risk of HIV infections. There has been a 63 percent rise in gonorrhea in Australia over the past five years. Gonorrhea is caused […]Continue Reading ...
Via Sally Robertson, BScJuly 11, 2017 A meningococcal team B vaccine has been discovered to supply defense in opposition to gonorrhea, file researchers. That is the primary time a vaccine has secure in opposition to the STD and it will open up a brand new pathway for vaccine building. Reasonable crimson white blood cells with […]Continue Reading ...
Might 24, 2017 Researchers from UCLA have advanced a laboratory examine that is helping physicians resolve which individuals with gonorrhea is also extra treatable with an antibiotic that has now not been really helpful since 2007 as a result of considerations that the resistance to the drug used to be rising. Gonorrhea has advanced expanding […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CDC A vaccine to give protection to other folks from the sexually transmitted illness gonorrhea could also be one step nearer to fact, New Zealand researchers record. That is welcome information, as a result of gonorrhea seems to be eluding remedy efforts to keep watch over the illness. Antibiotics are the one to […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Word that this case-control learn about instructed that meningitis vaccination might supply some modest get advantages towards gonorrhea. That is in particular necessary given emerging charges of treatment-resistant gonorrhea. A mass vaccination marketing campaign towards meningitis B had an surprising get advantages — a drop in gonorrhea occurrence, researchers reported. In a case-control […]Continue Reading ...
CARB Fact Sheet (February 15, 2018) Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP) Profiles 2015 (June 1, 2017) AR Investment Map This interactive tool shows CDC’s key investments to combat antibiotic resistance (AR), including resistant gonorrhea, across the nation. Blog by NCHHSTP Director: What Healthcare Providers Can Do to Slow Gonorrhea’s Growing Resistance to First-line Antibiotics Combating the […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, April 4, 2018 — Americans should expect that a super-resistant form of gonorrhea like that found in the United Kingdom will soon reach these shores, health experts say. Earlier this year, doctors diagnosed a man in England with a case of gonorrhea that could not be cured with antibiotics commonly deployed against the sexually […]Continue Reading ...
A man from United Kingdom has acquired a gonorrhea infection with bacteria that is resistant to most antibiotics used commonly against it. The man has a regular sexual partner but picked up this superbug from a sexual encounter with a partner in south-east Asia earlier this year.Continue Reading ...
July 7, 2017 Stories from WHO, in keeping with the information accrued from 77 nations, unearths that antibiotic resistance of gonorrhea, a not unusual sexually transmitted an infection is making the illness a lot more difficult and from time to time inconceivable to regard. Dr Teodora Wi, Scientific Officer, Human Copy, at WHO mentioned: “The […]Continue Reading ...
July 7, 2017 Zoliflodacin, a unique first-in-class oral antibiotic and one of the most best therapies in building to handle the rapidly-growing risk of drug-resistant gonorrhea will input pivotal trials, because of a brand new partnership between the not-for-profit World Antibiotic Analysis and Construction Partnership (GARDP) and Entasis Therapeutics. The announcement comes because the International […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Be aware that this WHO record paperwork an expanding fee of resistant and difficult-to-treat gonorrhea infections in quite a lot of international locations, together with the U.S. Present remedy suggestions have moved clear of unmarried tablet/shot treatment to a mix method. Emerging antibiotic resistance world wide is making gonorrhea more difficult — and […]Continue Reading ...
MONDAY, July 10, 2017 (HealthDay Information) — A vaccine to give protection to folks from the sexually transmitted illness gonorrhea is also one step nearer to truth, New Zealand researchers document. That is welcome information, as a result of gonorrhea seems to be eluding remedy efforts to keep watch over the illness. Antibiotics are the […]Continue Reading ...
- New approach could provide objective and easy-to-obtain measure of dietary adherence
- ‘Miracle treatment’ long-term success for babies with diabetes
- Rheumatoid Arthritis patients with depression have increased risk of disease flare
- NTU launches new research centers to prevent and treat diseases affecting Singaporeans
- Researchers examine risk factors for opioid dependence in patients undergoing surgery for DS
- Study finds substantial variation in cardiovascular risk across India
- Kidney donation among carefully-selected older adults poses minimal risks
- Effects of atrial fibrillation can be reduced or reversed by losing weight
- Allergan’s Oral CGRP Receptor Antagonist Atogepant Demonstrates Robust Efficacy and Safety in Episodic Migraine Prevention in a Phase 2b/3 Clinical Trial
- The novel insights of proteoglycans in mineralized tissues
- Scientists shed light on key aspect of healthy cell division
- Circulating bone turnover markers not linked to hip fracture risk, shows study
- Scientists obtain key information about proteins from single human cells
- Scientists identify novel genes linked with infantile forms of schizophrenia
- Low-dose aspirin could help pregnant women with high blood pressure avoid a dangerous condition
- Unusual gene provides novel insight into how the brain wires itself
- Study finds IV acetaminophen to be no more effective than oral counterpart for colectomy patients
- MAARA to celebrate its 50th anniversary with lecture titled ‘The Future of Asthma’
- Administration eases way for small businesses to buy insurance in bulk
- High-Quality Diet May Decrease Mortality Risk in Cancer Survivors