July 27, 2018 Critical Discovery Comes as Antibiotic-Resistant ‘Super Gonorrhea’ Spreads Good news in the battle against the growing threat of drug-resistant “super gonorrhea”: Researchers at the University of Virginia School of Medicine and their collaborators in the United Kingdom have discovered a new way that the bacteria that cause gonorrhea resist the body’s immune […]Continue Reading ...
May 17, 2018 Can whole genome sequencing illustrate changes in drug susceptibility of gonorrhea to antimicrobials used for treatment and so help to define more effective treatment regimens? The first study of this kind within an international surveillance program for sexually transmitted infections shows distribution of drug-resistant gonorrhea strains across Europe. The study results are […]Continue Reading ...
CARB Fact Sheet (February 15, 2018) Gonococcal Isolate Surveillance Project (GISP) Profiles 2015 (June 1, 2017) AR Investment Map This interactive tool shows CDC’s key investments to combat antibiotic resistance (AR), including resistant gonorrhea, across the nation. Blog by NCHHSTP Director: What Healthcare Providers Can Do to Slow Gonorrhea’s Growing Resistance to First-line Antibiotics Combating the […]Continue Reading ...
WEDNESDAY, April 4, 2018 — Americans should expect that a super-resistant form of gonorrhea like that found in the United Kingdom will soon reach these shores, health experts say. Earlier this year, doctors diagnosed a man in England with a case of gonorrhea that could not be cured with antibiotics commonly deployed against the sexually […]Continue Reading ...
A man from United Kingdom has acquired a gonorrhea infection with bacteria that is resistant to most antibiotics used commonly against it. The man has a regular sexual partner but picked up this superbug from a sexual encounter with a partner in south-east Asia earlier this year.Continue Reading ...
July 7, 2017 Stories from WHO, in keeping with the information accrued from 77 nations, unearths that antibiotic resistance of gonorrhea, a not unusual sexually transmitted an infection is making the illness a lot more difficult and from time to time inconceivable to regard. Dr Teodora Wi, Scientific Officer, Human Copy, at WHO mentioned: “The […]Continue Reading ...
July 7, 2017 Zoliflodacin, a unique first-in-class oral antibiotic and one of the most best therapies in building to handle the rapidly-growing risk of drug-resistant gonorrhea will input pivotal trials, because of a brand new partnership between the not-for-profit World Antibiotic Analysis and Construction Partnership (GARDP) and Entasis Therapeutics. The announcement comes because the International […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Be aware that this WHO record paperwork an expanding fee of resistant and difficult-to-treat gonorrhea infections in quite a lot of international locations, together with the U.S. Present remedy suggestions have moved clear of unmarried tablet/shot treatment to a mix method. Emerging antibiotic resistance world wide is making gonorrhea more difficult — and […]Continue Reading ...
May 16, 2018 The first European-wide genomic survey of gonorrhea has mapped antibiotic resistance in this sexually transmitted disease throughout the continent. Researchers at The Centre for Genomic Pathogen Surveillance (CGPS), the Wellcome Sanger Institute, European Centre for Disease Control, and their collaborators also showed that using DNA sequencing data they could accurately determine antibiotic […]Continue Reading ...
March 30, 2018 Every year, more than 100 million people worldwide develop the sexually transmitted disease gonorrhea, with health consequences such as infertility, transmission of the disease to newborn babies, and increased risk of HIV infections. There has been a 63 percent rise in gonorrhea in Australia over the past five years. Gonorrhea is caused […]Continue Reading ...
Via Sally Robertson, BScJuly 11, 2017 A meningococcal team B vaccine has been discovered to supply defense in opposition to gonorrhea, file researchers. That is the primary time a vaccine has secure in opposition to the STD and it will open up a brand new pathway for vaccine building. Reasonable crimson white blood cells with […]Continue Reading ...
Might 24, 2017 Researchers from UCLA have advanced a laboratory examine that is helping physicians resolve which individuals with gonorrhea is also extra treatable with an antibiotic that has now not been really helpful since 2007 as a result of considerations that the resistance to the drug used to be rising. Gonorrhea has advanced expanding […]Continue Reading ...
Credit score: CDC A vaccine to give protection to other folks from the sexually transmitted illness gonorrhea could also be one step nearer to fact, New Zealand researchers record. That is welcome information, as a result of gonorrhea seems to be eluding remedy efforts to keep watch over the illness. Antibiotics are the one to […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues Word that this case-control learn about instructed that meningitis vaccination might supply some modest get advantages towards gonorrhea. That is in particular necessary given emerging charges of treatment-resistant gonorrhea. A mass vaccination marketing campaign towards meningitis B had an surprising get advantages — a drop in gonorrhea occurrence, researchers reported. In a case-control […]Continue Reading ...
- Seven activities that prevent you from getting quality sleep during summer
- Five ways to tell if your baby is getting enough milk from breastfeeding
- From Pigs to Peacocks, What’s Up With Those ‘Emotional-Support Animals’?
- Breast cancers enlist the help of normal cells to help them spread and survive
- Engaging with “high-need” patients outside the clinic
- Research illuminates how online forum may offer suicide prevention support for males
- Researchers identify way to grow immune cells at large scale for preventing cancer reoccurrence
- Keck Medicine of USC’s hospitals ranked among nation’s best for the 10th consecutive year
- Researchers compare existing approaches for automating diagnostic procedures of skin lesions
- Autism risk determined by health of mom’s gut, research reveals
- WELL for Life challenges you to explore the great outdoors
- ‘Zombie’ gene protects elephants from cancer, study finds
- Ebola outbreak in Congo spreads to active combat zone
- Study highlights pollution exposure of babies in prams
- Study provides insight into link between sleep apnea and lipid metabolism
- New study focuses on promise of gene therapy for Amish nemaline myopathy
- Researchers discover new approach to alleviate chronic itch
- Uncovering the Mysteries of MS: Medical Imaging Helps NIH Researchers Understand the Tricky Disease
- Autistic people at greater risk of becoming homeless – new research
- New imaging technique can spot tuberculosis infection in an hour