In follow-up to the I HART CGM study, which showed the benefit of real-time continuous glucose monitoring (RT-CGM) compared to flash monitoring for time spent in hypoglycemia among adults with type 1 diabetes at high hypoglycemia risk, researchers conducted an extension trial that assessed the effects of continuing RT-CGM or switching from flash to RT-CGM […]Continue Reading ...
May 25, 2018 A $150,000 grant from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust will support research at Saint Louis University led by scientist Gina Yosten, Ph.D. Yosten’s team is pursuing solutions for people with diabetes who are at risk of life-threatening drops in blood sugar known as hypoglycemia. “This project is focused […]Continue Reading ...
New research from the Endocrine Society and Avalere Health finds that clinicians lack the resources to identify, assess and manage patients who are at a high risk of developing hypoglycemia, or episodes of dangerously low blood sugar. The analysis was published in the Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism today. The study examined available […]Continue Reading ...
March 5, 2018 New research from the Endocrine Society and Avalere Health finds that clinicians lack the resources to identify, assess and manage patients who are at a high risk of developing hypoglycemia, or episodes of dangerously low blood sugar. The analysis was published in the Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism today. The […]Continue Reading ...
A workforce led through Kaiser Permanente researchers has evolved and validated a sensible device for figuring out diabetes sufferers who’re on the best chance for being admitted to an emergency division or medical institution because of critical hypoglycemia, or very low blood sugar. Their effects are printed lately in JAMA Interior Medication. Advances in care […]Continue Reading ...
July four, 2017 Remedy with the insulin degludec in comparison to glargine U100 for 32 weeks ended in a discounted charge of hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) episodes amongst sufferers with form 1 or 2 diabetes and a minimum of one chance issue for hypoglycemia, consistent with two reviews revealed through JAMA. In a single learn […]Continue Reading ...
Copenhagen, July three, 2017 – Zealand Pharma A/S (“Zealand”) proclaims the initiation of a multinational Segment three scientific trial of dasiglucagon in 4 international locations (Austria, Germany, Canada and the U.S.). Dasiglucagon is a possible first-in-class glucagon analog invented and advanced by way of Zealand. It has a novel steadiness profile in liquid method and […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—Charges of serious hypoglycemia have equilibrated between the 2 Diabetes Keep an eye on and Headaches Trial (DCCT)/Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Headaches (EDIC) remedy teams in affiliation with length of diabetes and HbA1c stage, consistent with a learn about revealed on-line Might 26 in Diabetes Care. Rose A Gubitosi-Klug, M.D., Ph.D., from Case Western […]Continue Reading ...
May 24, 2018 New research co-authored by Professor Stephanie Amiel, RD Lawrence Professor of Diabetic Medicine, and published in Diabetologia identifies key areas of the brain that change patients’ ability to recognize hypoglycemia. People with type 1 diabetes are often unable to regulate their blood sugar so it can become dangerously high (hyperglycemia) or dangerously […]Continue Reading ...
March 19, 2018 A wearable medical patch measuring the beat-to-beat variation in heart rate is a promising device for the early detection of hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar, in type 1 diabetes, according to the researchers who tested the new monitor. Results of their preliminary study will be presented Saturday at ENDO 2018, the Endocrine […]Continue Reading ...
Motion Issues A loose on-line threat scoring app predicts serious hypoglycemia and primary opposed cardiovascular occasions (MACE) threat in sort 2 diabetes, in keeping with a post-hoc research of the randomized, DEVOTE trial that in comparison other insulins. Proof helps associations between upper day by day fasting glycemic variability and higher dangers of serious hypoglycemia […]Continue Reading ...
March 10, 2017 A unmarried example of blood sugar falling so low as to require an emergency division discuss with used to be related to just about double the danger of heart problems or demise, unearths a brand new Johns Hopkins Bloomberg College of Public Well being learn about of older adults with kind 2 […]Continue Reading ...
Remedy with the insulin degludec in comparison to glargine U100 for 32 weeks ended in a discounted price of hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) episodes amongst sufferers with sort 1 or 2 diabetes and a minimum of one chance issue for hypoglycemia, in keeping with two research printed through JAMA. In a single find out about, […]Continue Reading ...
July four, 2017 Remedy with the insulin degludec in comparison to glargine U100 for 32 weeks led to a discounted fee of hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) episodes amongst sufferers with form 1 or 2 diabetes and no less than one possibility issue for hypoglycemia, consistent with two stories printed by way of JAMA. In a […]Continue Reading ...
(HealthDay)—In a case file revealed on-line Might 1 in Diabetes Care, answer of hypoglycemia and cardiovascular disorder after rituximab remedy of insulin autoimmune syndrome is described. David Church, from the College of Cambridge Metabolic Analysis Laboratories in the UK, and co-workers file at the case of a 37-year-old feminine who introduced to the emergency division […]Continue Reading ...
- Health Highlights: Oct. 12, 2018
- Study holds promise for new pediatric brain tumor treatment
- Patient advocate uses MRI scans to create art and spark conversations about life with illness
- Fish oil based diets may suppress growth and spread of breast cancer cells
- Number of VHA facilities offering acupuncture has increased rapidly
- Influential Leapfrog Group jumps in to rate 5,600 surgery centers
- HIV-infected infants more likely to acquire congenital cytomegalovirus infection
- Study pinpoints new marker that can predict Crohn’s disease subtype
- Simple procedure could be efficacious intervention for failed back surgery
- New research identifies modifiable dementia risk factor in elderly people
- Zebrafish study uncovers molecular ‘brake’ that helps control eye lens development
- Overlapping copy number variations underlie autism and schizophrenia in Japanese patients
- Majority of Americans’ ancestry can be traced through existing DNA databases
- Patients coerced into mental health care less likely to perceive treatment as effective
- Interactive robot helps older people exercise and detects underlying health problems
- What you need to know about autism spectrum disorder
- Antidepressants can be used to treat Alzheimer’s disease
- Study uncovers important role of PRMT1 in dilated cardiomyopathy
- Nutritional quality of breakfast linked to cardiovascular and metabolic risk factors in children
- Study uses novel approach to investigate genetic origins of mental illnesses